• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proc

Picked up the playstation monitor for $199 ($100 gift card) at futureshop at yonge/eglinton. Very organized, walked in and out without a hitch.

Walked into the ebgames next door, saw that there was at least a 30-40 min wait...walked home and ordered Saints Row the third for $29.99 and Assasin's Creed Revelations for $20.

Very happy overall with these gaming deals on boxing day. Really cheap new games is always a pleasure. I may pick up Fifa 12 for $39 but that's not really once a year sort of deal.

Decado

If you can find one of the HDDs from a fat 360, just use that. You'll have to open up the enclosure and just pop it in your slim (you might want to find something to wedge between the sides to keep it secure)
I think I have one lying around somewhere...but I watched a u-tube video of it and it looks like a pain in the ass. Besides, I think Rage needs more space than that. lol

So what's the cheapest XBOX 360 I can find right now ?
Are they all $129 ?

Mine broke recently, so I only need the console with no controllers or HDD.

Went to Sear, picked up Sonic Generations, Kirby: Mass Attack, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and Star Fox 3D.

Guy who arrived right after me picked up Kirby RtD, the last Mario 3d Land, the last 2 Mario Kart 7, 3 copies of Modern Warfare 3, and a couple other games.

Went to Sear, picked up Sonic Generations, Kirby: Mass Attack, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and Star Fox 3D.

Guy who arrived right after me picked up Kirby RtD, the last Mario 3d Land, the last 2 Mario Kart 7, 3 copies of Modern Warfare 3, and a couple other games.
Damn damn damn damn damn, never saw any of that at my store... :S

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My haul:
AC Triple pack for $30 @ FS
RDR GOTY Edition for $30 @ EB

No issue of either being out of stock or anything. Not bad. My FS had triple packs and 4GB 360s galore.

Final haul:
Halo Anniversary $20 (RCSS - Sale Price)
Tetris Axis $15 (Sears - 50% off)
MW3 $30 (Sears - 50% off)
Saints Row 3 $30 (EB - Sale Price)
AC: Revelations $20 (EB - One Day Sale Price)

would have been ideal if the stores did match the $30 for MGSHD.

Decado

Went a little nuts at EB Games:

Used
Resistance 3 - $22.50
Gears of War 3 - $17.50
NFS: Hot Pursuit - $12.50
Dead Space 2 - $12.50
FEAR 3 - $12.50
Rage - $12.50
Vanquish - $10

New
Motorstorm Apocalypse - $20

First time I've purchased used games for a long time. Couldn't find a few other titles I wanted, but I made up for it by buying one or two that I don't really need!

Got stuff from Sears:

3DS: Mario 3D $20, MK7 $20, SSFIV $15, and Pokemon Black for DS $17.50.

Also went to HMV and got All Dogs go to Heaven and Anastasia on DVD for $5 each. :D

Massive Don Bluth fan.

Went a little nuts at EB Games:

Used
Resistance 3 - $22.50
Gears of War 3 - $17.50
NFS: Hot Pursuit - $12.50
Dead Space 2 - $12.50
FEAR 3 - $12.50
Rage - $12.50
Vanquish - $10
Online Pass, Season Pass, Online Pass, Online Pass, ?, ?, online.

50% off for used right? Not bad if you want to do just SP gaming.

Decado

Online Pass, Season Pass, Online Pass, Online Pass, ?, ?, online.

50% off for used right? Not bad if you want to do just SP gaming.
Yeah, just offline or local co-op.

Does any of the online stuff/keys affect the single player game for these titles?

Also, does anyone know if the PS3 version of FEAR 3 has good local co-op? That was one I wasn't sure about.

Does any of the online stuff/keys affect the single player game for these titles?
Na, you're fine. NFS is quite a bit better if you do connect, which you get your friend's times to compete against, but other than that, nothing TOO important for any of them (nothing as crippling as not getting catwoman missions in Arkham)

Conceptor

Nothing crazy, just picked up a G400 today. Canada Computers would have been better off letting some of the people running around inside buy stuff online lol.

Does the Sears stuff you guys are talking about only apply to today?

Nothing crazy, just picked up a G400 today. Canada Computers would have been better off letting some of the people running around inside buy stuff online lol.

Does the Sears stuff you guys are talking about only apply to today?
No, but most likely at this point things are cleaned up. Try your luck, but don't expect too much.

I just bought a shitload of vinyl records and skipped the games.

33% off all vinyl at Playderecord
20% off all vinyl at Rotate This
15% off new/25% off used vinyl at Kops
30% off at Cosmo Records
0% off at both Sonic Booms. Hahahahaha.

Takuya

Banned
As expected, not much to buy today, so just picked up another PS3 and Saint Row The Third, with a Memory Card for my new Canon T3i cam.

Lots of PS3(160gb) and XBOX360(4gb Kinect Bundle) selling fast. Uncharted PS3 bundle selling well (less than half pile left), 4gb XBOX360 not selling well at all (practically whole pile left untouched).

MercuryLS

Banned
As expected, not much to buy today, so just picked up another PS3 and Saint Row The Third, with a Memory Card for my new Canon T3i cam.

Lots of PS3(160gb) and XBOX360(4gb Kinect Bundle) selling fast. Uncharted PS3 bundle selling well (less than half pile left), 4gb XBOX360 not selling well at all (practically whole pile left untouched).

I'm really surprised that the Xbox 360 4gb machine doesn't sell well with casuals. At $130, it's a steal.

Tabris

Anyone know how often futureshop.ca "restocks"? There's a couple blu rays I want but they are sold out and I couldn't find them in store. Just want to see if it's worth it checking every morning.

Bruiserk

How do I cancel orders from best buy's website? The game I ordered is a daily deal on steam today. I haven't received an email saying it has shipped, but I also don't see a cancel button. When it gets here, would it be hard to return in store?

EDIT: nevermind, I guess you can only cancel items before they are processed, not shipped. I will just return it in store when it gets here.

Firestorm

Wait, there is a $100 trade-in credit for fat X360's? I might have to take advantage of that.

Do I need to trade in my HDD when I do this? I want to keep it.
You keep your HDD. It's only $100 if you put it towards another console (so people are upgrading their old 360s from the old unit to the slim).

MercuryLS

Banned
You keep your HDD. It's only $100 if you put it towards another console (so people are upgrading their old 360s from the old unit to the slim).

That's fucking fantastic, I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Slim today. I'm happy I didn't. I'll trade in my fat tomorrow and get the slim, $30+tax for a brand new (hopefully quiet) X360 is awesome!

Cheerilee

The hard drive from a fat 360 won't fit inside a slim 360, but if you kind of know how to use a screwdriver, you can buy a (non-official) slim 360 hard drive enclosure for $5 from Deal Extreme, and take your HDD out of the old fat enclosure and put in a new slim one.

snack

The hard drive from a fat 360 won't fit inside a slim 360, but if you kind of know how to use a screwdriver, you can buy a (non-official) slim 360 hard drive enclosure for $5 from Deal Extreme, and take your HDD out of the fat enclosure and put in a slim one.

I'm missing a Torx #6 screwdriver. :s

MercuryLS

Banned
The hard drive from a fat 360 won't fit inside a slim 360, but if you kind of know how to use a screwdriver, you can buy a (non-official) slim 360 hard drive enclosure for $5 from Deal Extreme, and take your HDD out of the old fat enclosure and put in a new slim one.

Way ahead of you, just ordered the Slim HDD caddy from deal extreme. I watched a video of the swap, it's really easy to do. Man, I would have done this a long time ago if I knew you could use the old HDD in the new Slim (with a bit of effort).

Threi

notag
You don't even have to buy the enclosure; just fold a piece of cardboard and put it between the two sides of the hdd so that it doesn't bounce around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom