• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

Don't buy the screwdriver from deal extreme. Shipping from that place can take over a month a lot of the time.

Check local hardware stores, peavy mart, princess auto, home hardware etc. first. The torx t10 bit that you also need can be easily found for $2.

Went a little nuts at EB Games:

Used
Resistance 3 - $22.50
Gears of War 3 - $17.50
NFS: Hot Pursuit - $12.50
Dead Space 2 - $12.50
FEAR 3 - $12.50
Rage - $12.50
Vanquish - $10

New
Motorstorm Apocalypse - $20

First time I've purchased used games for a long time. Couldn't find a few other titles I wanted, but I made up for it by buying one or two that I don't really need!

How did you get DS2 for so cheap. Site still has it for $24 I think.

After the 50%, and then the 10% Edge card discount. I actually got a second 10% off because of some long computer mixup that took me a collective hour at EB for the morning... It's really convoluted, but basically involved me noticing that they over charged me for some games, they refunded me, re-entered the the transaction manually, but couldn't stop the computer from applying the Edge card a second time, so because I was holding up the line for 30 minutes, they just applied it and got me out of there ASAP!

Bioshock 2 - $8.99 (360)
Bioshock - $5.03 (360)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $15.74 (360)
Left 4 Dead - $8.99 (360)
Left 4 Dead 2 - $9.40 (360)
Epic Mickey - $9.40 (Wii)
Rage - $11.24 (360)
A Boy & His Blob - $8.99 (Wii)

In order to make that an even 10, I picked up Madden 06 ($0.50) and Raw vs ECW 2007 ($1.00)

My sub total was $77.71, and with tax $87.04

I only shop for games once a year; I consider this a good haul for the next 12 months :)

MercuryLS

Banned
I wanted to thank you guys for mentioning the EB Games console trade-in promo. Ended up trading the following:

1 x Wii

1 x Xbox 360 Elite

1 x Xbox 360 Wifi Adaptor

1 x Wii Remote

Got:

2 x Xbox 360 4gb

Paid: $35 after taxes.

sogood.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
I have an old Falcon 360 and my current one is a Jasper, both non-Slim. Contemplating doing that trade-in for a Slim today.

I wouldn't even hesitate to do it, it was simple. Trade in you 360 w cables and 1 controller, keep you HDD. Use a torx screwdriver set to pop open your HDD and stick it into the new slim (you can also get a HDD plastic case for the HDD from dealextreme/ebay-but this is not essential, it will work without it).

The slim 360 is FAR superior to the older models, quieter, lighter, cooler running. Just great.

Socreges

Banned
The hard drive from a fat 360 won't fit inside a slim 360, but if you kind of know how to use a screwdriver, you can buy a (non-official) slim 360 hard drive enclosure for $5 from Deal Extreme, and take your HDD out of the old fat enclosure and put in a new slim one.
Can you link to this? Couldn't find it on their web site.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I picked up FEAR3 for $19 from BB. My backlog is insane to warrant any more games. I was really hoping I could find a black backwards compatible Wii but no dice.

SickBoy

Don't buy the screwdriver from deal extreme. Shipping from that place can take over a month a lot of the time.

Check local hardware stores, peavy mart, princess auto, home hardware etc. first. The torx t10 bit that you also need can be easily found for $2.

Hold on, is it a Torx #6 or a Torx t10, or are those the same thing?

EDIT: Apparently both?

Thanks both of you. :) I did get some good stuff as I mentioned, but I wouldn't mind heading to another location I know to see what else they may have left, my bill was pretty high already, I'm afraid of spending too much. :(

How much is the Lord of the Rings trilogy blu ray supposed to be going for? Cause I went to HMV and it was only 30. Is that the extended edition? Online it says it's still 80.

Vamphuntr

Anyone bought something from FS online recently? Basically I've just submitted an order and when I was prompted for my verified by visa password I got "a technical error occured, please try again later". I tried about 2 mins later and the order went through fine and it never asked me my verified by visa password. The thing is that now I have 2 orders on my account for the same amount and when I click on them I get an error. :lol

Will have to contact support early tomorrow I guess.

I just discovered an EB that I think has been closed the past two days and will be opening its doors tomorrow with the start of the shortened work week. They had the boxing week stuff up in the window which I assume includes the used game deal.

PM me for deets.

I should specify that this is in Toronto.

Edit: I would call ahead before going. Just to see what deals they have. That's what I plan to do in the morning. Might grab Killzone 3 for $19.99.

I just discovered an EB that I think has been closed the past two days and will be opening its doors tomorrow with the start of the shortened work week. They had the boxing week stuff up in the window which I assume includes the used game deal.

PM me for deets.

I should specify that this is in Toronto.

Edit: I would call ahead before going. Just to see what deals they have. That's what I plan to do in the morning. Might grab Killzone 3 for $19.99.
But Killzone was 18.93 at Walmart for a while...

SickBoy

Is there any other place that has these items and ships faster than dealextreme?

I checked out Sears last night, but could only find a T10 driver. Had to pick up a few groceries on the way home and stopped at Superstore... they had a (17-pc?) kit of screwdrivers and pliers that included all sorts of torx screwdrivers, including the two needed for the job.

The Philips and flatheads appeared to be magnetized, but not the torx. Weird.

Anyhow, it was $14, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

RS4-

But Killzone was 18.93 at Walmart for a while...

I just paid $10 for mine at the EB Doc mentioned.

Grabbed like 11 games this morning. Too bad UC3 wasn't one of them :( anyway, thanks again DoctorWho!

as for the 360 HDD enclosure screwdriver set, I picked mine up at Home Depot for under $10 I believe.

Selling a brand new copy of God of War Origins on Amazon.ca under the seller name "BlackDiamondGames". I'm providing incredibly high service and it'd be great if someone on NeoGAF would be interested in buying it. It's $38 new.

Link to the sale

Any suggestions about selling on Amazon.ca, is it really worth it?

Got Mortal Kombat for 30$ new at Future Shop. It's a week after xmas sale.

The story mode is pretty awesome. Plot is similar to the movie, which is cool because I like the movie.

Selling a brand new copy of God of War Origins on Amazon.ca under the seller name "BlackDiamondGames". I'm providing incredibly high service and it'd be great if someone on NeoGAF would be interested in buying it. It's $38 new.

Link to the sale

Any suggestions about selling on Amazon.ca, is it really worth it?

Just my 2 cents, but $38 might be a little high. Amazon is selling it at $39, and their shipping is free.

I tried to sell a few things once, but never listed them since the fees seemed high.

Just my 2 cents, but $38 might be a little high. Amazon is selling it at $39, and their shipping is free.

I tried to sell a few things once, but never listed them since the fees seemed high.

How exactly would I go by lowering down the price? I don't exactly want to cancel the order to start it again.

How exactly would I go by lowering down the price? I don't exactly want to cancel the order to start it again.

I have no idea how to lower the price. How long can you leave it on there? Someone will probably bite once Amazon sells out, so you'll sell it eventually I think, if you can afford to wait.

I have no idea how to lower the price. How long can you leave it on there? Someone will probably bite once Amazon sells out, so you'll sell it eventually I think, if you can afford to wait.

I can pretty much keep it on there as long as I want, I'm not in a rush to sell it but it'd be nice for it to sell though. :)

I've gone to the seller page and I can adjust the price, how much would you recommend me adjusting by?

I can pretty much keep it on there as long as I want, I'm not in a rush to sell it but it'd be nice for it to sell though. :)

I've gone to the seller page and I can adjust the price, how much would you recommend me adjusting by?

If I was a buyer, I would bite at a list price of around $30-32. If you add in $5 shipping, it is still cheaper than EB, Amazon, and the other retailers.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be able to unload it fairly quickly.

If I was a buyer, I would bite at a list price of around $30-32. If you add in $5 shipping, it is still cheaper than EB, Amazon, and the other retailers.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be able to unload it fairly quickly.

Thanks, I increased it a little bit to 34 as that's the lowest I'm willing to go with this on terms of sale but I have a feeling it won't take too long to sell.

And if it does I'll lower it down to 32, man I love Amazon.

Firestorm

I'd just try selling that type of stuff on Craigslist / Kijiji / Used[City] (whatever's popular in your area) honestly. Usually not worth dealing with shipping and stuff if someone's willing to buy locally which they often are.

My Boxing Day haul ended up being just the FMA box set and Halo CE Anniversary. Was super tempted on the 23" Dell IPS monitor though...

Quick

Banned
My Boxing Day haul? Nothing. Won't be paid until Friday, so I'll have to wait and catch any remaining deals then.

Canada Computers had an Acer 23" monitor on sale for $108 on Monday, but I had work, and at that point, they probably ran out.

Speaking of monitors, does anyone know of a place that has a good size monitor (22-23") on sale for a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom