• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FrsDvl

Sucks how BB and FS didn't ship according to order date. Good thing I have an in store preorder as well.

Of course they didn't. That would've meant half of Canada would've gotten their PS4 yesterday. They shipped according to the zone you're in. It's the most logical way to make sure people don't get it too early. Some people will now have to wait till Monday, but they did a good job imo. Usually they don't ship till the day before, and that goes for every order placed.

timnich

Is there any point in waiting in line at a EB Games if you don't have a preorder? I might just go do that if anyone knows if there is any unreserved stock being sold.

FrsDvl

Is there any point in waiting in line at a EB Games if you don't have a preorder? I might just go do that if anyone knows if there is any unreserved stock being sold.

Pretty sure most EB locations only got enough to fill all or most Pre orders. Bby or FS would be your best bet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're allowed to do that? Don't they only do exchanges if you bought the item from their store?

Yeah. You can't take the "free" games from FS and just turn them in at EB for 60 dollars value :lol You can turn them in for 30$ if you don't want to upgrade.

Same way you can't return them to FS/BB itself for 60.-

Jachaos

Haven't gotten my shipping notice yet (should be in about 15 minutes like it usually is) but going through my Order Details I've seen it's been shipped and I've got a tracking number. Yes !

Yeah. You can't take the "free" games from FS and just turn them in at EB for 60 dollars value :lol You can turn them in for 30$ if you don't want to upgrade.

Same way you can't return them to FS/BB itself for 60.-

A little confused. So if it's shrink wrapped then it's essentially an exchange for the next gen versions if you want to upgrade, but if you don't want to upgradeit's just $30 credit? Regardless if it's been opened or not?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
A little confused. So if it's shrink wrapped then it's essentially an exchange for the next gen versions if you want to upgrade, but if you don't want it's just $30 credit? Regardless if it's been opened or not?

You pay 10 dollars if you exchange it for the next-gen version of the SAME GAME.

If you simply want to trade it in (for another game, e.g.) it's worth 30.-

If you bought it at FS/BB, that is. Yes, even if it's unopened. You can't buy something at one place and then get the money back from another place.

Megasoum

Banned
A side note to all the PS4 shipping discussion... How can Canada Posts be bothered to make an iPhone app but not use push notification when something happen to you tracking?

Come on...that's like the perfect case of why Push Notification is usefull on a phone!

You pay 10 dollars if you exchange it for the next-gen version of the SAME GAME.

If you simply want to trade it in (for another game, e.g.) it's worth 30.-

If you bought it at FS/BB, that is. Yes, even if it's unopened. You can't buy something at one place and then get the money back from another place.

I got confused reading the initial post before. Thanks for clarification

Omlagus

Welp. Again checked my BB order page. Anxiety getting to me. Finally a tracking number but it says "Shipped 11/15/2013" ;______;

I hope that's wrong, otherwise fuck you, Best Buy. Looks like it will be Monday for me too despite having this pre-ordered since June 11th. :(

The last "update" from CP is still from this morning (4h17am) in Mississauga... I hope it'll get in Quebec tonight at least lol

I'm in Quebec city too, I know this pattern very well (the leaving Mississauga around 4.am). Our PS4 will be processed at the postal facility (not local post office) in the morning, thus missing the shipment they do to local facility earlier. The game will sit there for the whole day or be sent to our local post office too late to make it to the truck. It's always like that. If it will occur differently, they FS and BB do not lie when they said that they worked a special deal with Canada Post to get us our PS4 on time. Also, we are in a 3 days shipping zone but they shipped my PS4 as if I was in a 2 days zone (not like that pattern seems to still hold anymore). Bonne chance mon ami!

A side note to all the PS4 shipping discussion... How can Canada Posts be bothered to make an iPhone app but not use push notification when something happen to you tracking?

Come on...that's like the perfect case of why Push Notification is usefull on a phone!

They also have e-mail notification system on their website but it won't mail you when something moves. Only when it reached your home or if there is a weird delay due to something like very bad weather, broken truck or Godzilla. I can't believe that they did not implement the "e-mail me on every move, I am just too OCD and impatient and I am tired to reload your freaking tracking page every 2 minutes damnit!".

I will dance the day they will implement it, there was talk of it before on their website.

ovii

I'm really hoping that my shipment comes in tomorrow. Shipped yesterday from Richmond and hopefully tomorrow in Calgary.

Hoping someone has some info on this, went into EB Games today, and they told me the trade up promo for Next Gen titles expired last week? Anyone know what the deal is? I haven't trusted a thing they have told me since I was notified my Little Big Planet pre-order was cancelled due to the game being "canned" a week before release.

Lies I traded this week.
Go back and make them call their head office line to comfirm it
its not DONE!

Tabris

So the London Drugs beneath me had 3 PS4's and they are an elevator ride down below. I'll risk and just go check at 6am and 8am (they open at 9am).

Unless I can get confirmation around 11pm that the FS line is still good and I can jet there then.

So the London Drugs beneath me had 3 PS4's and they are an elevator ride down below. I'll risk and just go check at 6am and 8am (they open at 9am).

Unless I can get confirmation around 11pm that the FS line is still good and I can jet there then.

You... Lol

Where your at man?

We have a big game in couple of weeks in the NFL GAF.

FrsDvl

Bummer, estimated delivery is the 18th. Hoping it will change, otherwise it's the first and last time I'm paying for shipping. I guess I'll just let my hype build up a bit more, then Monday will be even better.

jet1911

I'm in Quebec city too, I know this pattern very well (the leaving Mississauga around 4.am). Our PS4 will be processed at the postal facility (not local post office) in the morning, thus missing the shipment they do to local facility earlier. The game will sit there for the whole day or be sent to our local post office too late to make it to the truck. It's always like that. If it will occur differently, they FS and BB do not lie when they said that they worked a special deal with Canada Post to get us our PS4 on time. Also, we are in a 3 days shipping zone but they shipped my PS4 as if I was in a 2 days zone (not like that pattern seems to still hold anymore). Bonne chance mon ami!

Ouais, ça arrive trop souvent. Je comprend pas comment Purolator peut livrer un paquet qui part de la même ville en 20 heures et que Poste Canada arrive pas à le faire en 3 jours lol...

Lies I traded this week.
Go back and make them call their head office line to comfirm it
its not DONE!

That is the plan if I get the same story from the guys at the second store. I just got an e-mail about the promotion, ironically.

Did u get copies from the BB/FS deal? If so and they are unopened, go exchange them for ps4 versions.

It's what I did.

No need to "pay to upgrade" that way

I got Battlefield and Call of Duty, but I have since opened both of them. Assassins Creed has been opened as well. Hopefully I was just dealing with another uneducated EB Games employee. I hate perpetuating that stereotype,but it has always proven true for me.

As for PS4's at Eb Games, same guy told me they didn't have enough to fulfill all pre-orders and they would be contacting people as supply comes in. Take from that what you will.

Megasoum

Banned
Well this pretty much confirm that I won't be getting console on friday...

Ordered on Futureshop.ca and I'm in Montreal.

They shipped today around 1pm and the tracking number from Canada Post finally went live. The item was picked up in Mississauga at 00:04 on the 15th...

God Dammit Futureshop and Canada Post....you guys SUCK.

Cmagus

Well hopefully mine shows tomorrow because I don't think they are gonna update anything for me which sucks because I gotta work in the morning and was gonna make plans for my roommate to accept it for me. It honestly doesn't bother me too much if I do get it Monday but this is the first and last time I ever shop with Best Buy the communication is incredibly poor.

Savitar

*Looks at amazon.ca status*

Not even a processing or preparing to ship update.

I'm beginning to think if I was near in a decent city I could just walk in to one store during the day and get one.

They shipped today around 1pm and the tracking number from Canada Post finally went live. The item was picked up in Mississauga at 00:04 on the 15th...

I remember ordering Dead Space 2 from them around 10am the day of release, and I received it the same day (New Brunswick) there is hope yet!

Somebody gonna get cut

iwillcutsomeone6deba.png

I'm in Montreal too with Futureshop and I didn't even get a shipping number yet :(

Anth0ny

Just got back from Downtown Toronto. It was fucking mass hysteria. Lines everywhere. EB Games at Yonge and Dundas was a jam. FAR cry from Wii U launch last year at this time. There was electricity in the air!

unfortunately my ps4 still hasn't shipped from future shop =(

I guess I'll be studying for midterms and watching the giantbomb stream tomorow.

Top Bottom