• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Megasoum

Banned
All over the place. 550 - 1000.

Kijiji is flooded with them, of course. We'll see what the market levels out to tomorrow night, I guess.

I hope so bad that Sony can supply enough consoles so that all the scalpers get stuck with those consoles like with the WiiU (not that I give any credits to Nintendo for supplying enough consoles lol).

Cmagus

I hope so bad that Sony can supply enough consoles so that all the scalpers get stuck with those consoles like with the WiiU (not that I give any credits to Nintendo for supplying enough consoles lol).

I think they will quickly replenish stocks I doubt we will see a shortage for very long this time around.

tenren

EB games is doing a terrible job managing the pre-orders. They are letting 4 people in at a time to pay and they've gone through 8 people in the last 30 minutes. There are around 100 people in line...

Savitar

Betting those Kiji sellers are going to end up disappointed for the most part.

And wow, eight people in 30 minutes, what the hell.

veras

Do FS/BB oversell stuff like the Zelda LBW 3DS XL? My pre-order for that is with Amazon, but after the whole thing with not shipping out PS4s I want to move it to FS or BB (it's still available on both sites, but I don't want to get screwed over from a late pre-order)

Savitar

For those who get a PS4 a lot of the problems people are reporting with it appear to be due to the HDMI that comes with the system, don't use that cord and use another you own or buy a new one.

If amazon.com pulls through your best best is getting a PS4 from there. I have one coming (I hope) on Tuesday. IT cost me $505 total with express shipping. It's a $50 premium, but still...

nordique

You're allowed to do that? Don't they only do exchanges if you bought the item from their store?

What I did:

I had sealed PS3 versions of the games from the deal last weekend. I then went to best buy and exchanged them for the PS4 versions. No questions asked.

Regardless of whether they do or don't do that, that is what I did. So to clarify, I didn't spend extra money on that upgrade "deal" for the 10$

I know it's crazy PS4 time at the moment, but quick question: Is their a different sku/web ID for the Day One Xbox One and the regular Xbox One? I'm trying to figure out which Best Buy allotted to me, but to no avail.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm my tracking has since since earlier tonight... So when I first saw it it was telling me that the item was first processed in Missisauga at 0:04.

But now it's saying that it was actually electronically submitted at midnight yesterday (thursday morning) and processed at 5:55PM. It was then "Picked up by Canada Post" at 0:04 still in Missisauga... So maybe there's a bit of hope now? Not sure...

Still gives an estimate delivery for 18th tho...

I'm liked up at EB Chinook in Calgary now, still half an hour to go!
Probably close to 100 people here, no definite line up which means it's gonnabe chaos :(
I stopped by Tim's on my way, got a big pot of coffee for everyone, thought it'd be nice :)
Everyone is on Vitas and 3DSs, should've brought my 3DS beside the Vita for some street pass action lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm liked up at EB Chinook in Calgary now, still half an hour to go!
Probably close to 100 people here, no definite line up which means it's gonnabe chaos :(
I stopped by Tim's on my way, got a big pot of coffee for everyone, thought it'd be nice :)
Everyone is on Vitas and 3DSs, should've brought my 3DS beside the Vita for some street pass action lol

This is the most Canadian thing I've ever read on GAF. :lol

So on a whim, I decided to head out after I had dinner to try and score a PS4. I decided to hit up Heartland since they were getting more then 100 units... I got there a little after 6PM and it was already around the corner and heading towards the rear. If I had to guess at that time, I would think it would be around 100 people in front of me...

I decided to stick it out, and find out the official numbers. It turns out that I was about 110-115 in line...Why no direct number you ask? Because people were trying to cut in line the entire evening!

BB did NOTHING to sort the madness! Everyone was left on their own to sort it out. We had a buddy system so people knew who was in front, and who was behind. People were begging and pleading with the staff to do something before there was trouble. But it all fell on deaf ears. You could tell the people were getting tense towards the end of the line, because the numbers would keep increasing.

Anyways like I said, we had a buddy system, and this was import because of what happened next.

Remember when I had mentioned that BB decided not to hand out tickets early? How we told them over and over that people were trying to cut in line, and they did NOTHING about it?! Well when they FINALLY decided to, there was a rush to the font doors. I'm talking about people leaving their chairs and food, and dashing to the front, like this was some sort of black friday sale. The line was a mess, and people were REALLY trying to cut well into the front. It was nuts! I honestly thought that people were going to get dragged out of the line and beaten up!

The police were called, and people were called out and kicked out of the line. Once the madness settled down, I ended up with ticket number 111 out of 130. Man I was sooooo happy! I finally knew that I was going to get one!

So yeah, I survived another Playstation launch people... The company I had were nice, and rather funny. I collected a bunch of their PSN's and I hope to see them online!

Funny side story, two people near the front tried to sell their tickets for $200... They were laughed at, and made fun of. I believe someone actually bit since it was a gift for their son. The other girl came by later and deducted the price to $150... but there's the thing, the people who were waiting in line HAD their tickets already. It was rather stupid to try and sell it but whatever... They were chirped for the rest of the evening...

Oh yeah... and It felt REALLY good cancelling that Amazon.ca pre order. They can suck it! Never again will I order anything big from them! EVER!

I'll mention it here as well (x-post from other thread):

So I maybe getting additional copies of PS4 in GTA (Toronto Area). I ordered from multiple places to ensure I get it day one and I can cancel the rest, but Best Buy and Future Shop shafted me by charging me wayyyy before they even shipped, and I may not even get it by Friday.

If by any chance I hold onto them and can't get rid of them, I would love gaffers that missed out to have it. I won't try to make any profit out of it as long as I even out (i.e. $400+tax).

I'll keep you guys updated if you all can't get a console preordered by the upcoming week.

Saberus

Hmmm my tracking has since since earlier tonight... So when I first saw it it was telling me that the item was first processed in Missisauga at 0:04.

But now it's saying that it was actually electronically submitted at midnight yesterday (thursday morning) and processed at 5:55PM. It was then "Picked up by Canada Post" at 0:04 still in Missisauga... So maybe there's a bit of hope now? Not sure...

Still gives an estimate delivery for 18th tho...

That sucks dude, I thought I would be in the same boat. Guess i'm lucky today.. I paid for express shipping, so looks like it will be tomorrow for me.

Expected Delivery : 2013/11/15

Megasoum

Banned
That sucks dude, I thought I would be in the same boat. Guess i'm lucky today.. I paid for express shipping, so looks like it will be tomorrow for me.

Expected Delivery : 2013/11/15

Yeah that's one of the thing that pisses me off. When I pre-ordered it back in June there was no way to change the shipping. The only option I had was the free shitty shipping....ugh.

krae_man

So my Futureshop order is sitting in the local post office so I'm definately getting it in the morning, but my Bestbuy order isn't even processed for shipping yet.

Weird thing is, my local post office is the first place listed on the tracking info, no mention of leaving the distribution centre in Mississauga. So I guess there is still hope. I would like to get both tomorrow so I can give my brother his system right away.

Cmagus

I just got my tracking info now although its got no updates so it must have just shipped and no estimated delivery date yet.

WLxzFGG.jpg

It's in my hands, first one in that store thanks to Edge Platinum Card :D

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Hoping someone has some info on this, went into EB Games today, and they told me the trade up promo for Next Gen titles expired last week? Anyone know what the deal is? I haven't trusted a thing they have told me since I was notified my Little Big Planet pre-order was cancelled due to the game being "canned" a week before release.

They straight up lied to you. I was able to do the promo this afternoon, and it's still being promoted on the top header on their website.

bXtdRCV.jpg

How far back are you? Apparently line is all the way back through the alley. Are you in alley?
I'm near the end of the line Tabris, downtown future shop. The guy said I'm guaranteed a console. So he better not lie, also have me a piece of paper. Everyone here is saying they only got 250 to sell, and people in line most of th haven't preordered.

Smiley90

I'm near the end of the line Tabris, downtown future shop. The guy said I'm guaranteed a console. So he better not lie, also have me a piece of paper. Everyone here is saying they only got 250 to sell, and people in line most of th haven't preordered.

Is there a number on your paper? or what does it say? :lol Maybe they're just going in order and they have x paper slips, 1 for each console they got

Smiley90

I am very irritated that on the bestbuy website it says that the PS4 is both available in store AND reservable online.

In Stock
Limited Quantity Available.

BUT THE BUTTON IS GREYED OUT.

-hnnnnnnnnnng-

Is there a number on your paper? or what does it say? :lol Maybe they're just going in order and they have x paper slips, 1 for each console they got
jMoeXiL.jpg
. This is what it looks like!

Guess I'm buying a PS4 tonight!! Haha wasn't exactly planning to get one. And a F Shop sales rep just said there are 300 consoles to sell. 500, 300, 250... Numbers are all over the map

Top Bottom