• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They straight up lied to you. I was able to do the promo this afternoon, and it's still being promoted on the top header on their website.

bXtdRCV.jpg

Saved the photo and will be using that as my "Oh, really?" to the employee if he still decides to give me false information, thank you!

Sears has a Knack&Controller Bundle for 519.99 in stock and available online, apparently?

EDIT: Wasn't there a 40.- for trading in a PS4 game promo somewhere? For January? can anyone post the link to that please? I don't really want Knack, but if I can trade it in for 40 bucks I might just buy the bundle with Sears.

In the Best Buy flyer it is mentioned. I'll look it up.
Edit- found the flyer
http://flyer.bestbuy.ca/flyers/best...ue#!/flyers/bestbuy-weekly?flyer_run_id=12556

GUYS GUYS

Bestbuy opened their online system AND IN-STORE RESERVATIONS for the PS4

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c6ab8eafe3ff653803eae2dd82a3e49cen02

the Metro store had in-store reservation available, so I put one in. I wonder if it's actually gonna happen, but I figured it wouldn't hurt!

Whoa thanks, my local BB has them available for reserve. I reserved one though I'm not sure I'll get it, I'll think about it...

Maybe these will be easy to come by in general anyway, maybe Sony was able to produce a lot?

edit: also works at Future Shop, http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-4-playstation-4-console-10036/10254140.aspx?path=b54d479edfebd60b97aeb3e316d35bd3en02

Smiley90

I put in reservations at 2 BB's and 2 FS's LOL. Maybe ONE of them will actually put some aside before the masses who line up at opening take them all. WE'LL SEE. I'm not expecting them to actually put them aside though :lol not getting my hopes up.

Definitely worth a try. :p

(they also have it available for order online for when they get them back in stock)

Agh, now I feel like I need to put one on hold even though I have had one pre-ordered at Gamestop since August.

Just do it, it's not like you lose anything by trying. :p

I put in reservations at 2 BB's and 2 FS's LOL. Maybe ONE of them will actually put some aside before the masses who line up at opening take them all. WE'LL SEE. I'm not expecting them to actually put them aside though :lol not getting my hopes up.

Definitely worth a try. :p

(they also have it available for order online for when they get them back in stock)

Just do it, it's not like you lose anything by trying. :p

You win, I caved. Guys at GameStop informed me I may not receive my PS4 at launch due to being unable to fulfill all orders.

GUYS GUYS

Bestbuy opened their online system AND IN-STORE RESERVATIONS for the PS4

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=c6ab8eafe3ff653803eae2dd82a3e49cen02

the Metro store had in-store reservation available, so I put one in. I wonder if it's actually gonna happen, but I figured it wouldn't hurt!

WOW.

WOW. So pissed off. So fucking pissed off that my order hasn't even shipped and they charged my charged, and now this happens.

Thanks a lot for alerting! :)

Reserved it. Picking it up tomorrow morning!

Appleman

WOW.

WOW. So pissed off. So fucking pissed off that my order hasn't even shipped and they charged my charged, and now this happens.

Yep, I'm in the exact same boat but I don't really want to pay twice and have to resell it...

Smiley90

WOW.

That's not how it works.

before everyone gets their hopes up.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. :lol You put in an online request, but it has NOT been put aside UNTIL YOU GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. And that won't come until the store opens, IF EVEN. They might just decide to ignore the emails because people have lined up and they'll just sell them. 95% chance that'll happen and the reservations won't actually go through.

I just mention this in the off-chance that they DO actually put some aside. So please people, don't get your hopes up or expect this to actually work. :x

Yep, I'm in the exact same boat but I don't really want to pay twice and have to resell it...

You can just return the shipped copy unopened, can't you?

That's not how it works.

before everyone gets their hopes up.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. :lol You put in an online request, but it has NOT been put aside UNTIL YOU GET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. And that won't come until the store opens, IF EVEN. They might just decide to ignore the emails because people have lined up and they'll just sell them. 95% chance that'll happen and the reservations won't actually go through.

I just mention this in the off-chance that they DO actually put some aside. So please people, don't get your hopes up or expect this to actually work. :x

LOL. Yeah, got it. I may line up around 6am or 7am to see if they have some available. Let's see!

Please let me know if you get an extra, I'd gladly drive up to Edmonton to buy it off you! If not, no biggie. I'm sure waiting a couple of months till I can find one on store shelves wouldn't be that big of a deal. I want one mostly cause it's new and shiny lol.

Do you still want my Amazon pre-order? Let me know ASAP. Sent you a PM as well.

ref

I just got back from picking mine up at my Best Buy in Winnipeg. (St. James).

Was a fairly long line, had to wait about an hour, but finally got it.

Apparently Wal-Mart has lots and there wasn't any lines. Plus, Best Buy has a massive amount, so I would not be surprised if there is some available tomorrow.

So if you're thinking of trying to walk in tomorrow to get one without a pre-order, TRY IT. So far, it seems most places are ripe with extras.

Oh, and feel free to add me everyone: Callmeref

See you all in-game.

Tiktaalik

FS Downtown Vancouver ran out of people to sell PS4s to at 1am and no one went home empty handed. I didn't have a look at their regular stock, but I dunno I think there's a chance that folks will just be able to walk in tomorrow morning and buy one.

FS Downtown Vancouver ran out of people to sell PS4s to at 1am and no one went home empty handed. I didn't have a look at their regular stock, but I dunno I think there's a chance that folks will just be able to walk in tomorrow morning and buy one.

They didn't sell all their stock from tonight and Sony sent them specific stock for tomorrow only so basically there's a very HIGH chance of getting one if anyone wants them. Just go early. 8am opens.

About an hour and a half wait and I got my PS4. Score. Thanks for the info Johnny and tiktaaiak.
Haha congrats Tabris, I got mine too at Future Shop, about 2 hours wait, to be honest I could've showed up even later and got it in ten minutes. But it was fun hangin out and chattin up with some peeps in line.

You were right they had exactly 500 consoles. Including the pre orders, but only about 135 of those 500 were pre orders. So if anyone wants to pick up a PS4 from downtown Vancouver's Future Shop, still can tomorrow morning. They didn't sell all 500 yet, but pretty close.

terrible

Banned
Order Status
In Progress

Don't fail me Best Buy, please! I probably would have had better luck just going into a store tomorrow. Damn.

I wanna go to local FS and just pick a PS4 up. There is barely any line! My wallet is empty because of these or preorders. I just hope I recieve them today.

Is there any way to pick up parcel when its processed at local delivery facility? I hope it means I'll recieve it today or else I'm lining up at their HQ.

Biff

Fucking BB.

I live in downtown Toronto. Order still says in processing. And their phone centre doesn't open until 8am....

I know I'm considered a "Zone 1" household and therefore have the latest shipping time, but now I have to think something went wrong.

Expected delivery:
2013/11/18

2013/11/15 00:04 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post Learn More In most cases, we have picked up the item from the shipper and it is now en route to a processing facility. Keep checking Track for updates.
2013/11/14 00:10 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper. Learn More

I can wait a till Monday I guess.

LkPr

yup Canada Post fuked mine up too, expected delivery 11/18/13 ... I am going to call today and see if there is any way I can get it from the facility in Cambridge.

2013/11/15 04:22 MISSISSAUGA In transit
02:36 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
01:51 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
00:04 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
00:14 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper. Learn More

jet1911

I paid half of my PS4 with a gift card from FS. If I return the PS4 I'll receive monday will FS give me a 220$ gift card and the rest on my credit card? I'm thinking about waiting in line this morning at BB.

LkPr

I paid half of my PS4 with a gift card from FS. If I return the PS4 I'll receive monday will FS give me a 220$ gift card and the rest on my credit card? I'm thinking about waiting in line this morning at BB.

Yes they will put the original GC amount back on a new GC and the rest on your CC

Top Bottom