• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

haha... While my package has not been updated for 28 hours, The Source (I have a store at 10 minutes walk) just sent me a e-mail to tell me that they still have stock available as of this morning opening... Oh well!

Edit: looks like online only, but you can have one shipped to your local store and if your local store already has some in stock, you can get theirs.

Double edit: The Source is a mess, not sure of what I am saying anymore. Back to reload Canada Post page!

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

"YS Memories of Celceta Ultra Premiun Edition"

YOU FUCKS. YOU GODDAMNED FUCKS. I'm never ordering anything from Amazon.ca again.

G17

Thinking of ordering a PS4 online from Bestbuy.ca, is it worth it? or is Bestbuy a headache to deal with in general?

suikodan

OMG I can't believe it.

I was in this thread with you guys getting all pumped up about my expedition status that didn't move since 4:05AM yesterday. I took a day off work for this, no way that I'm gonna get it on Monday.

I even tried the in-store pickup option you guys gave earlier but only to get an error when I submit.

Then I wondered "What if there was still some left at my local Walmart?" which is at 1km from home.

I get in the car, drive there and there is no sign of commotion or lineup. I enter the store, get to the electronic dept. to see TONS of PS4 available. I cannot even think of putting my "extra" one on Kijiji since anybody can walk into a store and get one, at least in my area. (North shore of Montreal, Quebec)

I bought one and returned home. I took me 15 mins.

Wow, greatness awaits me now.

Good luck to you.

FrsDvl

Well... My Bestbuy order changed to estimated delivery on the 19th. Even though with extra shipping it should be 1 day to get here, which of course wont happen cause they ship their stuff at midnight. But now it won't even get here on Monday, but on Tuesday... Good job.

curb

Banned
My PS4 finally marked as shipped from BB at 1:30 am this morning. It likely won't show up until Tuesday knowing how past Canada Post shipments have gone.

I must say it's frustrating to have to wait since a friend of mine just walked into a Shoppers Drug Mart this morning and walked out with their first PS4 box.

Back from Target, no-preorder PS4 in hand. Nice system they had, showed up at 7am they handed out vouchers for those in line. They have 48 total systems. Was back home by 8:30 :D They could not get the front gates of the store open at 8am so they let us in through the employee entrance. Now I have to go to work :(

Luigi87

Annoyed about BB delivery on the 18th, I went to the Target I work at.

After a massive line that i didn't stand in as I went shopping, I hung around the desk after hearing my boss say we still had five units. It was around 8:45, and that was an instant purchase.

Saved $50 with my discount too.

So Best Buy hasn't even given me a tracking number yet. Still says in progress. Also let's not forget they also managed to get my address wrong just for specifically my PS4 pre-order somehow. Now I'm in a 20 minute wait to get a hold of someone in customer service. WTF Bestbuy?!

sunofsam

Back from Target, no-preorder PS4 in hand. Nice system they had, showed up at 7am they handed out vouchers for those in line. They have 48 total systems. Was back home by 8:30 :D They could not get the front gates of the store open at 8am so they let us in through the employee entrance. Now I have to go to work :(

Which Target? The one near me in SJ just opened. They are not taking pre-orders and I assume they will do the same thing next week for XB1. Not sure if I can wait until the 28th for my Amazon order to arrive.

Appleman

So Best Buy hasn't even given me a tracking number yet. Still says in progress. Also let's not forget they also managed to get my address wrong just for specifically my PS4 pre-order somehow. Now I'm in a 20 minute wait to get a hold of someone in customer service. WTF Bestbuy?!

Same here "In Progress". I'm pissed they charged my card so now I can't go try and find another one

Which Target? The one near me in SJ just opened. They are not taking pre-orders and I assume they will do the same thing next week for XB1. Not sure if I can wait until the 28th for my Amazon order to arrive.

Mine was in Montreal, just opened this Wednesday. Same deal no pre-orders, believe its the same for XB1.

rinse82

I was in and out of my local FS by 8:10am

I preordered and there were only 3 of us in that line, I showed up at 8am and walked right in. About 30 ppl lined up in the non-preorder line and they were serviced pretty quickly.

The Target right across the street had a few dozen PS4's as well.

krae_man

You have got to be kidding me:

AO6zliy.jpg

Bestbuy one hasn't even shipped yet. "Special Gamers Club inventory" my ass.

Hope!

H9RDgS0.jpg

torontoml

Mine has been processed at the postal facility 20 Km away from me almost 4 hours ago, but no out for delivery update. When should I start worrying?

Got mine thanks to the wonderful local Shoppers store. Walked in, no line and picked up the one PS4 they had that was set aside for me. Felt great canceling my Amazon order.

So I finally got a hold of a CSR. Asked for a status update. He tells me it hasn't shipped yet but is ready to ship. I tell him I've been told that the past three times I've called. He says that's because they ship on release day. I laugh and then ask him if it hasn't shipped then can he at least update/fix my address. He says no...

So this past week first they mess up my payment info. When I call into fix that they mess up my address. When I call in to fix that they say it's ready to ship and they can't change it. Call them for a status update today? Still hasn't shipped and they can't fix my address.

I am now banging my head against a table while I'm on hold for a manager.

OMG I can't believe it.

I was in this thread with you guys getting all pumped up about my expedition status that didn't move since 4:05AM yesterday. I took a day off work for this, no way that I'm gonna get it on Monday.

I even tried the in-store pickup option you guys gave earlier but only to get an error when I submit.

Then I wondered "What if there was still some left at my local Walmart?" which is at 1km from home.

I get in the car, drive there and there is no sign of commotion or lineup. I enter the store, get to the electronic dept. to see TONS of PS4 available. I cannot even think of putting my "extra" one on Kijiji since anybody can walk into a store and get one, at least in my area. (North shore of Montreal, Quebec)

I bought one and returned home. I took me 15 mins.

Wow, greatness awaits me now.

Good luck to you.
I am gonna check the Walmart at Jean Talon right now, thanks
Can I cancel my Amazon order if the status is "Shipping Now?

elty

shop.ca ships by UPS, which stinks because its depot is so far away and the only reasonable alternative is to take time off to wait for the package.

And then, the Bestbuy order is not coming in until Monday. Order early and get it late.

sunofsam

Mine only has a mall entrance so it was just outside the store. In my experience if they have both usually its the outside door unless the mall opens really early.

Think I'm gonna head out next Friday and give it a go - if Im back to the office in time I will cancel my Amazon.ca order with delight. Then I may have to go home sick.

Savitar

I said it last night but will mention it again, the HDMI cord Sony included appears to be cheap and the source of the Sony systems having issues. If you got another cord then use it, or buy another. Might save you some grief.

jcutner

Downtown Toronto update: woke up this morning, Check4Change STILL didn't show any updates on the FS order page. Reloaded the page manually: BOOM, shipping information. Thanks for nothing, Check4Change!

Now the weird news: there isn't even an ETA yet. Electronic shipping info submitted at 2:04am. But the delivery is marked as "Expedited Parcels," which I think is new.

yup, exact same for me too. crummy

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently my PS4 came at 8 in the morning and I was either still asleep or they didn't buzz. But anyway, people in the GTA should be getting theirs today.

bMpEy20.png

Apparently my PS4 came at 8 in the morning and I was either still asleep or they didn't buzz. But anyway, people in the GTA should be getting theirs today.

bMpEy20.png

That sucks, I hate that. I used to put a sign up since my old place had a driveway but no car so would post a "Please ring I am home!"

jcutner

just realized something. who's ready to go through this stupid fs/bb shipping nonsense again with the xbone this time next week. oi vey.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That sucks, I hate that. I used to put a sign up since my old place had a driveway but no car so would post a "Please ring I am home!"
I find that my regular mail person is good (ie, when games are shipped, the packages are small enough that it comes with regular mail). But with large packages, the special courier guy seems to be in a rush to just take them all to the post office. lol

Ok so just picked one up from walmart here in Montreal, there were plenty of them.
I tried to cancel the one from amazon.ca but I got an email saying it's too late for that since is shipping now.
How do i return it? would amazon be able to credit me if i refuse the delivery? anyone with experience about it?

Marakh101

Neo Member
Just stepped into a Futureshop here in Montreal (Marche central), lined up for 5 mins and got one without pre-order.

Nice launch, Sony.

soultron

Banned
Ok so just picked one up from walmart here in Montreal, there were plenty of them.
I tried to cancel the one from amazon.ca but I got an email saying it's too late for that since is shipping now.
How do i return it? would amazon be able to credit me if i refuse the delivery? anyone with experience about it?
Return your Amazon system to Walmart? As long as the receipt doesn't list the system's serial number (does the box have the little window cut out?) you should be fine.

Top Bottom