• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

sunofsam

Ok so just picked one up from walmart here in Montreal, there were plenty of them.
I tried to cancel the one from amazon.ca but I got an email saying it's too late for that since is shipping now.
How do i return it? would amazon be able to credit me if i refuse the delivery? anyone with experience about it?

Not sure, I stupidly used Gift Cards. I might just try reselling for cost/delivery.

Kud Dukan

So...

Tracking stated I'll receive it on Monday.

ITS ALREADY HERE LOL.

:D

Until about 8am this morning mine was saying the same thing, then it said it was out for delivery!!

I'm actually surprised I'm getting it on launch day, considering I preordered it on October 20th (BestBuy).

Omlagus

So...

ITS ALREADY HERE LOL.

Tracking for which one? My best buy order tracking says Monday morning too. How the fuck could they not ship in time to go from Mississauga to Vaughan? Special Gamers Club allotment, my ass.

Not sure of who is deserving of my future business now.

So...

ITS ALREADY HERE LOL.

yea I'm not really looking at the estimated delivery as a good marker. last night it was slated for the 15th, now I'm getting the 18th even though it's in my town already.

it changed again in the span of 5 min. it also looks like they "attempted" delivery, even though I don't get mail in my area until around noon.

7ea3.png

Lexxism

Return your Amazon system to Walmart? As long as the receipt doesn't list the system's serial number (does the box have the little window cut out?) you should be fine.

I'm thinking of doing this on the game I bought in-store. The serial # for the game is listed in the receipt. So, returning the game I get online using the receipt in-store is not possible? Though I'm hearing that it is possible from others here.

soultron

Banned
I'm thinking of doing this on the game I bought in-store. The serial # for the game is listed in the receipt. So, returning the game I get online using the receipt in-store is not possible? Though I'm hearing that it is possible from others here.

What? I don't think games have unique serial #s, just a SKU #.

A game should be super easy to return anywhere, providing it's unopened/sealed.

I got mine 30 mins ago!

Best Buy definitely has a customer for life now.

You say this nowwwww, but when your preordered game doesn't arrive on the day it's released, you'll have a conniption and swear off BB like everyone else in here always does. ;)

Return your Amazon system to Walmart? As long as the receipt doesn't list the system's serial number (does the box have the little window cut out?) you should be fine.
The Walmart receipt shows the serial number, I would prefer dealing with amazon.ca directly, has anyone returned an unopened item to amazon.ca and requested a refund?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Walmart receipt shows the serial number, I would prefer dealing with amazon.ca directly, has anyone returned an unopened item to amazon.ca and requested a refund?
You basically have to pay for return shipping unless you say it was a mistake or come up with some other excuse.

Lexxism

LkPr

So...

ITS ALREADY HERE LOL.

So there's still hope? LOL our mail delivery lady hasn't come yet, but my status hasn't changed from "In Transit" since 4am... she should be here within the hour so we'll see. Maybe Canada Posts tracking system is fuked lol

Takuan

Damn near snapping my neck to look at the office's front door every time I hear that bell.

The wait is excruciating. Doesn't help that I may only be receiving the one console today, meaning the copy of NBA2K14 I copped last night is going to go unappreciated all weekend.
tocry.png

The struggles of being a filthy, scum-of-the-earth scalper.
manny.png

Nibiru

Banned
Out for delivery!! :)

Not even sure I'll bother with it until Monday though and wait for all the psn crap to sort itself out. I would hate to have my system lock up during an update.

Appleman

Called Best Buy about my "In Progress" PS4 order that I haven't received any notifications about (not even an original order confirmation, strangely). All they could say was that "it' probably in our warehouse so you should get it on Monday".

Sweet, too bad I'm leaving TO on Sunday and won't be back for a week or two...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's where I'm at. Next year will be a great time to pick one up but the launch stuff...meh.
Yeah. It doesn't help that I just got a semi-decent PC a few weeks ago.

But, then again, my 10 dollar copies of CoD and BF4 need to be played on something I suppose...

You know, looking at the games that are actually out, I almost wonder if I need a PS4 at all. lol

If FS shipping doesn't come through I might as well return it or resell it. I have way too many games to play as it is right now and I doubt Killzone will hold my interest for more than an hour or two.

Ok so just picked one up from walmart here in Montreal, there were plenty of them.
I tried to cancel the one from amazon.ca but I got an email saying it's too late for that since is shipping now.
How do i return it? would amazon be able to credit me if i refuse the delivery? anyone with experience about it?

Funny, exact same thing happened to me this morning (in and out of walmart in 1.5hrs). I was pretty sad that I couldn't cancel the order and fuck amazon.ca just a tiny bit (fuckers got me again). According to amazon.ca's website you can return it but will have to pay for standard shipping. I'm just gonna ask my friends if they want it and return it if no one bites.

gah killzone and my ps4 shipped out from FS at the same time from separate orders, Killzone is out for delivery and ps4 is still just processed at local delivery facility.

Quadratic

I have a XBox One preordered with amazon.ca I have to accept that it'll be release day shipping after how they shipped the PS4's today.

Looking back in hindsight, me pre-ordering on amazon.ca on June 10th and ending up just walking in on a Walmart and grabbing one on day 1 in less than 15 minutes while my order from June 10th from amazon.ca haven't even officially shipped.
Incredible.

curb

Banned
Looking back in hindsight, me pre-ordering on amazon.ca on June 10th and ending up just walking in on a Walmart and grabbing one on day 1 in less than 15 minutes while my order from June 10th from amazon.ca haven't even officially shipped.
Incredible.

I've learned a valuable lesson through this online shopping.

Incredible.
See, what I don't get is why this is so inconsistent: The Mario & Luigi wii remotes arrived on release day. How is this any different

Amazon returns are easy. Order status page, click return button, print prepaid return label, drop it off at Canada Post. Refund when they get it back.

Good to know, I don't even want to call them, just return that shit and have my refund, I hope they learn that people pre-ordering electronic devices want their stuff on day 1.

Just cancelled my amazon.ca preorder from many months ago. Just checked the Future shop website saying they have around 46 on backorder, if I REALLY want a PS4 I'll just get one there. For now, I'm thinking I'll stick with my Xbox One preorder. Who knows, I literally changed my mind last minute.
HALO :)

torontoml

Ended up calling my local post offices trying to track it down, was able to find it and go pick it up myself otherwise I was going to have to wait until Monday.

wingz

Got my PS4 @ Target Square One. Went @ 8am, even though they had around 25 people line, they had 90 units to sell. Probably will last the whole day...

farisr

Just cancelled my amazon.ca preorder from many months ago. Just checked the Future shop website saying they have around 46 on backorder, if I REALLY want a PS4 I'll just get one there. For now, I'm thinking I'll stick with my Xbox One preorder. Who knows, I literally changed my mind last minute.
HALO :)

That is kinda what happened to me with the ps3 launch. Went into the store fully intending on buying a ps3, changed my mind at the last minute and bought a 360 instead (because Halo 3 was just on the horizon).

Unfortunately, Halo isn't as special anymore for me ever since the MP started taking a downturn with Reach. Also, the great local multiplayer features are likely gonna be reduced (like splitscreen player count) due to just the basic trend of the industry and the fact that they are pushing for 60fps with this title.

Top Bottom