• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Fixed1979

Good to know, I don't even want to call them, just return that shit and have my refund, I hope they learn that people pre-ordering electronic devices want their stuff on day 1.

You should be able to just refuse the shipment as well.

Canada Post updated. Don't let me down!

lz5Y4rJ.png

gzero

Good to know, I don't even want to call them, just return that shit and have my refund, I hope they learn that people pre-ordering electronic devices want their stuff on day 1.

Yeah. I ended up canceling my pre-order and Prime subscription over this. Best buy to the rescue.

spyguy

I've got an Amazon.ca preorder as well. Thought I might just be able to walk in to the London Drugs on Broadway and Cambie here in Vancouver to pick up a PS4 and cancel the Amazon order. Guy infront of me got the last one. I should have left work maybe 15 minutes earlier and then I would have got one.

Never pre-ordering anything from Amazon.ca again. Looks like I'll get my PS4 next Thursday now. What a BS system they have.

Jinto

I wasn't even sure I wanted a PS4 this early, so I didn't even bother with any pre-orders. Somehow, I have one sitting right next to me. Awesome. I do feel bad for everyone who pre-ordered early and didn't get it yet though.

sunofsam

Amazon returns are easy. Order status page, click return button, print prepaid return label, drop it off at Canada Post. Refund when they get it back.

Good, fuck these fucking fuckers. I assume they will just put the money back into the gift cards?

Jinto

Looks like Sony did a great job with shipping enough of these to the stores. Basically everyone is getting one. That's awesome.

Yeah, it's early, but it seems like the supply is meeting the demand for once. I'm really curious as to what the numbers are gonna be like, especially if everyone who wants to get one can.

LkPr

Canada Post Epic Fail... Mississauga to Cambridge (less then 40 min drive)

2013/11/15 04:22 MISSISSAUGA In transit
02:36 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
01:51 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
00:04 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
2013/11/14 00:14 MISSISSAUGA

Been in transit since 4:22 AM and apparently hasn't even arrived in the local facility. Our mailman has come and gone so I know for sure I won't be getting this today. Should have done an in-store pre-order.

Returners

Anyone if it's possible to return a unopened PS4 back to EB that you got from FS?

Looking at the EB receipt it has my serial number on it.

Regional manager contacted me just a few minutes ago about last night with EB Games. Very friendly, offered me a ten dollar gift card for the store. I feel awkward going to pick it up from the store as I assume the employee I complained about wouldn't be too pleased with me. I couldn't remember specifically who i talked to, other than one kind of having a mullet, so I wasn't of much help to them.

Long story short, Gaf was correct, promo does not end until end of the year, and the Regional manager was very friendly.

Raist

Banned
Weird. Every footage of the PS4 version I've seen was 1080 native.

Edit: how the fuck did I end up posting hete. Smartphones my ass

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, BestBuy charged me for the ps4 order I put in last night... That's a good thing right?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Amazon.ca order says shipped, and is in transit from mississauga.. Left at 9:45am.. maybe it'll get to london and out for delivery today :D

elty

Canada Post Epic Fail... Mississauga to Cambridge (less then 40 min drive)

2013/11/15 04:22 MISSISSAUGA In transit
02:36 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
01:51 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
00:04 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
2013/11/14 00:14 MISSISSAUGA

Been in transit since 4:22 AM and apparently hasn't even arrived in the local facility. Our mailman has come and gone so I know for sure I won't be getting this today. Should have done an in-store pre-order.

I won't blame CP. It is BB/FS fault to leave everything to the last minute.

At least yours is in transit

2013/11/15 00:04 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
2013/11/14 20:06 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2013/11/14 00:23 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper.

I think I might be screwed... got a shipping email around 8.30pm last night, but the tracking still just says "Electronic info submitted by shipper" :(

Tracking fail? Lost package? Stay tuned...

EDIT: This is a FS order for Vancouver.

Fixed1979

If I refuse it, does that count as an automatic return with refund?

It should go back as "undeliverable".

Amazon.ca said:
Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a full refund (including shipping charges).

I had done this recently with a shipment as UPS decided they should open the box to see what's inside.

Regardless if you just decide to process a return properly it's actually a relatively painless process.

Amazon.ca order says shipped, and is in transit from mississauga.. Left at 9:45am.. maybe it'll get to london and out for delivery today :D
OH SHIT HYPE!

Latest Event: Mississauga ON
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - November 15, 2013 9:45:41 AM

So uh... I'm at work until 3 and according ro my tracking page, Canada Post has left my PS4 on my front porch since 11AM? Please tell me it gives this message even if they leave a delivery notice...

saphier

Neo Member

Mine is stuck like that too. Should not take a day to travel less than 20km :\

LkPr

True. Last week I had COD shipped from FS and they sent it out at 11:30pm on Monday night. I received the shipment Tuesday morning. If they would have actually shipped probably 30 minutes earlier I probably would have the system today.

amrod

So my mail lady was just here I wont be getting it today. She looked at the tracking number and FS was slow at getting it to Canada Post so it wont matter that I got it sent by airmail. It'll be here Monday (the same as if I ordered it by ground mail)

Now to try to get futureshop to refund my Shipping Cost of 16.40, since paying for the airmail made no difference because they where slow at getting it out

jcutner

2013/11/15
12:43 MISSISSAUGA Shipment information received at originating postal facility
02:22 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper. Learn More

Sigh. That's the most recent update - without an actual delivery date on the site yet.

curb

Banned
Dang. My Canada Post tracking says they just now received my PS4 from Best Buy for shipping in Mississauga. Looks like I'll be waiting until Monday or Tuesday for sure.

FrsDvl

So my mail lady was just here I wont be getting it today. She looked at the tracking number and FS was slow at getting it to Canada Post so it wont matter that I got it sent by airmail. It'll be here Monday (the same as if I ordered it by ground mail)

Now to try to get futureshop to refund my Shipping Cost of 16.40, since paying for the airmail made no difference because they where slow at getting it out

I'm in the same boat as you. Hope to get shipping refunded..

Duke Togo

I live on Vancouver Island, paid for expedited shipping, and the Canada Post tracking tells me that the PS4 won't get here until the fucking 19th (ordered from Future Shop in June).

So I get up, drive five minutes to Walmart, and go into a mostly empty store and get one of the last 5 systems that remained after their midnight launch. Why the fuck did I bother pre-ordering online again? Guess I'm selling the one that arrives in the post, whenever that actually occurs.

Cynar

I just bought ps+ and don't plan on having a ps4 until the new year. I think I have a problem. :p At least I can add resogun to my queue.

Takuan

Hm. Never got a shipping notice from BB/FS, but I just checked online and they're all out for delivery.

NBA2K14 awaits.
qbadpzhqyl.png

Debating whether I should keep or sell Killzone.

So I basically walked into a local BestBuy (Fairview in the West Island near Montreal) and the sales rep said they had tons (his words literally). Paid and bought one on the spot. Come home to check on my online pre-order and no change in status. Still says in progress. Honestly I will never do online pre-orders anymore.

Top Bottom