• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
Oh man... can't breathe.

Kijiji Advert said:
Free Sony Playstation 4 on closing* !!!

1st, 2nd, and 3rd MORTGAGES available, 1st mortgage RATES from 2.45%*
*OAC subject to approval.

Home Purchase Mortgage
1st and 2nd Mortgage
Mortgage Renewals
Mortgage Refinance
Home Equity Loans
Debt Consolidation

Free Sony Playstation 4 on closing* !!!

Call 905-618-0356
License #: M13001951

* Must obtain a mortgage product for over $250,000.

elty

Looks like UPS no longer keep the package at the Steeles West depot and will deliver to a nearby UPS store instead.

Also, if you order from shop.ca, some people on RFD said they may just leave the package at the door since it does not require signature.

curb

Banned
anybody know if theres any systems around in ontario? london or woodstock area?

I haven't heard either way but I had a friend that walked into a Shoppers this morning and got one without a line. If I was looking, I'd call around so some of the places you wouldn't expect people to think of first.

Haines

Banned
I haven't heard either way but I had a friend that walked into a Shoppers this morning and got one without a line. If I was looking, I'd call around so some of the places you wouldn't expect people to think of first.

i saw some in stock on walmarts site, but they had they are almost always wrong/just not updated. shoppers is a good call.

curb

Banned
i saw some in stock on walmarts site, but they had they are almost always wrong/just not updated. shoppers is a good call.

I know Shoppers didn't get as many units as the big stores but I doubt a lot of people would think of going there for a new console. Good hunting.

NYR

Picked up my June 11 in store preorder at Best Buy - Jesus, best guy is pushing hard on their awful bundles and warranty.

I was in and out in 20 minutes.

Fixed1979

Delivered here! Now just to sit out the next 5 hours until I can go home and play.

BestBuy comes through, ordered Tuesday afternoon PS4 arrives on release day. Can't complain.

Fuck you Amazon and my June 10th order.

Mine just updated to "processed at postal facility". Which means it will sit in there for the whole damn week-end like I predicted because once again BB treated Quebec City as a 2 days zone when we are in the 3 days zone. Hurts to know it's in town but won't be here for 3 days... Look like the special deal with Post Canada did not work here or it will update soon directly to "Out for delivery" but I can't see that happen, it's already 2 p.m... At least it shipped I guess! haha

Shinyo

Neo Member
Best Buy and Canada Post came through for me... It's safely waiting for me in the mailroom.

wkBJfS8.png

Zing

Banned
All these preorders getting canceled makes me wonder if the preorder system could actually harm Sony. They could vastly overproduce based on people placing multiple preorders. After a week of returns and cancellations, there could be twice as many systems in warehouses and on shelves as the demand appeared to be.

IllumiNate

Got mine last night at EBGames, left the store at 2:45am!!! Got my BB order delivered at 10:30am. Placed an ad on kijijii for $625 my extra one sold half hr later.

curb

Banned
All these preorders getting canceled makes me wonder if the preorder system could actually harm Sony. They could vastly overproduce based on people placing multiple preorders. After a week of returns and cancellations, there could be twice as many systems in warehouses and on shelves as the demand appeared to be.

I wouldn't think so. Demand is still pretty high, I wouldn't surprised if it's still hard to get one before Christmas. Best Buy had more stock come up yesterday or today and it went fast.

Edit: just came across this

fuck I hate my local post office. It seems to be sitting there but now the pick-up slip says I need to come back monday to get it. and it's not a big post office, it's pretty much a little shack for the area.

EDIT: anyone think I should try going down there and asking if they could give it to me?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
fuck I hate my local post office. It seems to be sitting there but now the pick-up slip says I need to come back monday to get it. and it's not a big post office, it's pretty much a little shack for the area.

EDIT: anyone think I should try going down there and asking if they could give it to me?

Go close to closing time, if the package has been dropped off at the post office already you can just pick it up. The slip says monday because then it will be there FOR SURE. But your odds are decent itll be ready for pickup tonight already

FluxWaveZ

Got my PS4 at GameStop about an hour and a half ago. Of course, I was asked if I wanted a warranty, a game, an extra controller and if I knew about PS+ before they'd hand it over. Wonder if all of the PS4 consoles I saw behind the counter were for pre-orders.

Got my other PS4 that I pre-ordered from GameStop right on time for launch with priority shipping, as well.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So I just tracked mine and Canada Post says they delivered the package and yet I don't have my PS4s. How does that work???

*rage hitting critical levels*

Zing

Banned
So I just tracked mine and Canada Post says they delivered the package and yet I don't have my PS4s. How does that work???

My delivery person scans every package as delivered first thing in the morning. She then either leaves it on my porch or in the package box.

Appleman

Fuck Best Buy and Amazon, neither are even saying they've shipped yet and I won't be able to get it for a week or so if it doesn't come today... Should have just done an in store preorder, this is the worst.

Atomsky

Banned

My mail man does this when he's at my building, before entering. This means he's showing up soon. :D

Edit: see!

soultron

Banned
Got my PS4. Stuck at work. Wish Unity 3D support was already in. I know it's confirmed, but I'd rather tool around with it than play games on it this weekend, being honest.

explodet

You're not alone friend. Who would have thought it would take so long to ship something 2 hours down the 401 for a specific date.
You got any torches? Pretty sure I've got a pitchfork or two lying around here somewhere...

Look at me, getting sucked into CanShippingGAF.

curb

Banned
You got any torches? Pretty sure I've got a pitchfork or two lying around here somewhere...

Look at me, getting sucked into CanShippingGAF.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. The official BB/FS policy is that they ship on release day but their PR Twitter and support forum indicated that they'd try to ship in time so I had hope but that's gone now. I'll just stare at my Killzone disc and watch Twitch streams until Tuesday instead.

Top Bottom