• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

K so my gf ended up buying me a ps4 as well after I impulsed at best buy this morning. She had it preordered for months lol. This is what happens when you have secrets! I hadn't even planned on buying one but the hype got to me. Honestly I probably would have returned mine anyways since I feel in a week once this hype dies down and I have not much to play that it won't be worth it for me yet. So a bit unsure what to do with the one she bought for us.

Going to return the extra PS4 now I'm so done with kijiji so not going down that route for a few extra dollars. I sold a shit load of stuff over the summer and had great experiences but just the mental headache of going through all those emails from lowballing dickfucks is not worth it.

Anth0ny

j5LpjL6wUAwCc.png

Well this is inconvenient.

this is me right now ._.

Cmagus

2013/11/15 12:43 MISSISSAUGA Shipment information received at originating postal facility

What the hell?!?

Mine is exactly the same even the same time stamp. There is no chance we are getting our PS4 today unless you're extremely lucky they stop delivering normally around 5 or at least they aren't gonna be sending anymore out.

That is kinda what happened to me with the ps3 launch. Went into the store fully intending on buying a ps3, changed my mind at the last minute and bought a 360 instead (because Halo 3 was just on the horizon).

Unfortunately, Halo isn't as special anymore for me ever since the MP started taking a downturn with Reach. Also, the great local multiplayer features are likely gonna be reduced (like splitscreen player count) due to just the basic trend of the industry and the fact that they are pushing for 60fps with this title.

Yea I know what you mean. Halo 3 definitely had the most addictive multiplayer to me. Loved it, and ever since they changed how the levelling works, it hasnt been the same. I figured that since I still enjoy the gameplay in Halo, I will inevitably get an Xbox One, so might as well just go for that from the get go!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Looks like Ottawa has been squeezed dry of PS4s, all the stores nearby are saying sold out.

Glad I ordered mine online from BB.

Cmagus

I decided to call canada post I figured why not and they told me mine won't be delivered till Tuesday next week so yep there you go thanks Best Buy.

curb

Banned
I decided to call canada post I figured why not and they told me mine won't be delivered till Tuesday next week so yep there you go thanks Best Buy.

This will be the last time I pre-order something I care about online. Bad way to learn a lesson.

terrible

Banned

Disgusting. My order hasn't even made it past the "In Progress" stage with Best Buy so I doubt CP even has my PS4 yet. I'll never pre-order anything like this online again.

-Deimos

Does anyone know if Walmart actually does take game returns without receipts? I've sitting on a new unopened game for a while now that I've been trying to sell without luck so this may be my best chance to get rid of it.

Cmagus

You can always try calling CP they seem to have abit more info than they show online he was able to tell me my delivery date which is not online. Gonna be a long wait and Knack is sitting here staring me down looking all arrogant and smug.

I know this isn't really the right thread for it but I like sticking with my fellow Canadians. Anyone want to swap some codes? I've got the 30 days of Plus, along with two 7 day trials that I have no need for that I'm happy to swap for the $10 code. Shoot me a PM.

Savitar

The server is being brutalized by all the people getting their systems.

Expect that to be the norm for a few days and around Christmas.

I went to the source, superstore and staples to see if they had any around 1:00pm

The Source only had enough for pre-orders, Superstore had 9 but they sold out at open, Staples just said they had none

Dufferin and Steeles area

Oh and the toaster oven arrived from Shop.ca.....it is pretty sleek.......but it can't play Battlefield 4 :(

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Still no system. Tracking still only has the one 9:45am update saying it shipped. Such BS.

Does anyone know if Walmart actually does take game returns without receipts? I've sitting on a new unopened game for a while now that I've been trying to sell without luck so this may be my best chance to get rid of it.

They do. Claim it was a gift, and as long as they sell the title you'll get whatever the current price is back in cash or gift cards. They take your license info and all that. You're allowed to do it on three items per year.

I went to the source, superstore and staples to see if they had any around 1:00pm

The Source only had enough for pre-orders, Superstore had 9 but they sold out at open, Staples just said they had none

Dufferin and Steeles area

Oh and the toaster oven arrived from Shop.ca.....it is pretty sleek.......but it can't play Battlefield 4 :(
Thanks for saving me the trouble of driving around this evening, I guess.

Posted this in the NA shipping thread:

Amazon.ca said:
Preparing for Shipment
Latest Event: Order Received - 10-Jun-13 8:28:34 PM
Shipping Estimate Friday Nov. 15 2013
Delivery Estimate: Thursday Nov. 21 2013 - Monday Nov. 25 2013 by 8:00pm

5jnCa.jpg

Tagg9

I ordered from EB and FS, and NEITHER ONE has got it to me on release day. Think I'll spend my weekend writing scathing letters to support.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
From the shipping thread, it looks like Amazon US is dropping the ball as well. Moral of the story is, don't preorder consoles from Amazon :p

Still haven't seen any updates on my tracking since the shipping info was received around noon today. I think I'm giving up hope on seeing it before Monday, which is fine but not exactly optimal. If I'm still playing games in eight years, a plea to console manufacturers: PLEASE DON'T PUT CONSOLE LAUNCHES ON FRIDAYS. Receiving a console a day late is way, way better than three days late.

Welp got home, no PS4. Guess I'll just flip it for some quick cash whenever canada post decides to bring it around and wait until something decent comes out for it.

Savitar

Finally got a proper shipping thing kicking in.

The system is being sent from Richmond, BC, all it needs to do now is get to the other end of Canada.

Canon

Banned
I wouldn't recommend Shop.ca, their customer service is terrible. Very slow, no one picks up on the phone, no chat room available ever, and the prices aren't even below retail.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't recommend Shop.ca, their customer service is terrible. Very slow, no one picks up on the phone, no chat room available ever, and the prices aren't even below retail.
Did you have a problem with your launch Killzone bundle or something? I'm hoping there aren't any problems...

Just called up Amazon.ca's customer service. Woman initially told me that it was coming from Mississauga (I'M IN VANCOUVER WHAT THE FUCK). She said that because it's a limited-supply item that they couldn't control where it was coming from, because they're shipped on a first-come first-served basis (I preordered it within half an hour the preorder went live on their website). Told her that the CSR I talked to two days ago said it'd be coming from the Vancouver warehouse. She admitted she lied to me and didn't check. It's coming from the Vancouver warehouse (Delta).

Yep, only using you for your nearly-abusive deals now, Amazon.

Fucking. Amazon.

Savitar

What I'm trying to figure out right now is how it says this is half way shipped yet listed last being in BC and is telling me I'll get it by the end of Thursday.

UPS, you so crazy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh wow, the shop.ca Killzone bundle with 2 controllers came back in stock and started shipping again?
I wonder if that's because of cancelled orders or something.

veras

Anyone know if Shopper's Drug Mart carries Zelda Wii U bundles? I saw the NSMBU + NSLU bundle in this week's flyer, but can't find any information about the Zelda one

Appleman

Anyone else here STILL stranded at "In Progress" on the BestBuy website? I'm starting to worry my order is genuinely messed up, if it doesn't even ship today....

Canon

Banned
Never meant to defend shop.ca. I'm simply saying that we gaffers have a connection there.
I've talked to him but what I need done is having them reply to my emails or pick up the phone. I've gotten an excuse but why the hell would I settle for that when I can go to another site or store with better service. I'm just saying avoid it if you care about that.

-Deimos

I've talked to him but what I need done is having them reply to my emails or pick up the phone. I've gotten an excuse but why the hell would I settle for that when I can go to another site or store with better service. I'm just saying avoid it if you care about that.

What's the issue? Late order?

Top Bottom