• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

amrod

so far shop.ca replied to all my emails within a day, actual product i ordered (shaver) comes Tuesday though, i'll post how it arrives when it comes

I've talked to him but what I need done is having them reply to my emails or pick up the phone. I've gotten an excuse but why the hell would I settle for that when I can go to another site or store with better service. I'm just saying avoid it if you care about that.
Can you be more specific as to what the issue is?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
did anyone's PS4s ship from amazon.ca? I've been at prepare shipping since morning.

Mine shipped this morning, got a tracking number at about lunch time. But it hasn't updated at ALL since 9:45am saying in transit.

It certainly doesn't take 11 hours to get from Missisauga to London. Would love an update, UPS.

Hoping it hits london tonight and maybe they'll let me pick it up from the depot tomorrow.

EDIT:

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccxkkkkk Aaammmmaaazooonnn

Just updated with an ORIGIN SCAN at 7:45pm. Seriously they didn't actually ship it until now?

Says item received from carrier. Concord ON at 7:44pm

Goddammnit

Savitar

You know what's going to happen when us amazon.ca PS4's pre order people get our systems don't you.

Don't you.

Because that's how our luck is.

Mine shipped this morning, got a tracking number at about lunch time. But it hasn't updated at ALL since 9:45am saying in transit.

It certainly doesn't take 11 hours to get from Missisauga to London. Would love an update, UPS.

Hoping it hits london tonight and maybe they'll let me pick it up from the depot tomorrow.

EDIT:

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccxkkkkk Aaammmmaaazooonnn

Just updated with an ORIGIN SCAN at 7:45pm. Seriously they didn't actually ship it until now?

Says item received from carrier. Concord ON at 7:44pm

Goddammnit
Damnit I know exactly the building too, just drop it off here. I'm literally steps away from the building!

EDIT: FUCK

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 11/18/2013, by 12:00

Location Date Local Time Activity
Concord, ON, Canada 11/15/2013 20:15 Destination Scan
11/15/2013 20:14 Origin Scan
Canada 11/15/2013 13:27 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Aright, I'm done checking for the weekend, time to go get some fresh air or something.

Cmagus

This is pretty disappointing but I guess there is nothing more I can do but wait it out another 4 days. I just still can't believe BB took payment two days before launch and still messed it up.

veras

This is pretty disappointing but I guess there is nothing more I can do but wait it out another 4 days. I just still can't believe BB took payment two days before launch and still messed it up.

To be fair it could be Canada Post that messed it up - it sounds like BB/FS gave them all the consoles 3-4 days ago and told them to deliver them Friday, and then CP planned the shipping around that and messed it up in several cases (some got delivered early, some are going to be late, etc.).

Cmagus

To be fair it could be Canada Post that messed it up - it sounds like BB/FS gave them all the consoles 3-4 days ago and told them to deliver them Friday, and then CP planned the shipping around that and messed it up in several cases (some got delivered early, some are going to be late, etc.).

Nah man I called Canada Post they haven't even received my package yet and they made it clear they haven't. They don't even have it to ship out and they won't till Monday that's why its coming on Tuesday. I just wanted to vent I'm over it there is nothing I can do but wait till it arrives.

Amazon.ca has been preparing my shipment since this morning, horrible. :/
The CS on chat says it will ship by the end of today a few hours ago but still nothing yet.

veras

Nah man I called Canada Post they haven't even received my package yet and they made it clear they haven't. They don't even have it to ship out and they won't till Monday that's why its coming on Tuesday. I just wanted to vent I'm over it there is nothing I can do but wait till it arrives.

Gotcha, crappy :(

farisr

Yeah, it's BB and FS that messed up. They didn't even place the order into the system until 2am this morning for me (and many others) despite having charged our credit cards on monday (and tuesday for some).

Not Canada Post's fault. Entirely BB and FS's fault.

Savitar

The CS on chat says it will ship by the end of today a few hours ago but still nothing yet.

If it's anything like my order it will have already gone out to UPS and be on the way but your status won't be updated for hours.

It was that way with mine.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So off topic from all the PS4 drama, but Aquapazza shipped from Best Buy!
The sad part is that I'm looking forward that to more than any of the next gen shooters. :(

I just spoke to someone on the phone, and they told me that the fulfillment centers go until 10PM PST, and given the amount of orders, will likely go later than that as well. Couldn't give me much information outside of that.

Ms. Tea

So off topic from all the PS4 drama, but Aquapazza shipped from Best Buy!
The sad part is that I'm looking forward that to more than any of the next gen shooters. :(

That's early! I was thinking about picking it up, wonder if any physical stores have broken street date.

Appleman

Yep, called in to best buy and told them they charged me days ago but he says they "authorized them days ago but they're in the process of capturing the funds and packing up my console". It's bloody 9PM and it hasn't even shipped yet, what a clusterfuck.

Amazon.ca still hasn't shipped either, good thing I stayed home today for nothing

Atomsky

Banned
So my PS4 failed to show up today.

I'm gonna head out and buy one from Walmart and return the pre-ordered one from BB whenever it shows up. Too disappointed to even swear. BEST BUY.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
9:08pm - departure scan.

Should be in London around 11:30. Gonna call for an attempted pickup in the morning.

Omlagus

It just baffles me how all these retailers could fuck up this launch so badly. Online shopping is nothing new and for such a big product launch they have managed to turn it into a complete clusterfuck.

I still have no idea what benefit there was to that supposed special gamers club inventory. Sweet F. A. apparently.

Only silver lining is maybe some of the PSN issues getting ironed out. But I'd rather be playing Resogun than waiting.

amrod

http://www.thestar.com/business/tec..._postal_service_will_deliver_on_weekends.html

I wonder when holiday saturday delivery start for Canada post?

Canada Post ‏@canadapostcorp 7h
#Toronto! #Vancouver! Don’t be surprised if we come knocking on your door this weekend #WeekendDelivery #CanadaPost

Canada Post Cares ‏@canadapostcares 2h
Only Toronto, GTA and Vancouver have weekend delivery at the moment. Thank you!

F#(*$... Calgary Shafted Again

Appleman

http://www.thestar.com/business/tec..._postal_service_will_deliver_on_weekends.html

#Toronto! #Vancouver! Don’t be surprised if we come knocking on your door this weekend #WeekendDelivery #CanadaPost

Whaaat? That would be sweet, if only I actually thought it had shipped

bremon

Well I know a few companies have been taking a lot of slack, but I must say I'm very impressed with Future Shop. Arrived today without a hitch (except that my roommate didn't realize CP was coming), so he is playing his PS4 and I pick mine up tomorrow around lunchtime about a 2 minute walk from my condo. Overall still a happy camper.

spyguy

My Amazon.ca order has shipped!!! Guess I will just have to wait it out now until next week. I hope I don't get one with the blue light of death.

If we're still adding to that spreadsheet here's my info!
PSN ID: Lulzwagon
Games I'll be playing: Killzone, BF4, COD and Resogun.
If you ever want to increase your self confidence by playing with someone who is really shitty at games, feel free to add me!

Looks like UPS no longer keep the package at the Steeles West depot and will deliver to a nearby UPS store instead.

Also, if you order from shop.ca, some people on RFD said they may just leave the package at the door since it does not require signature.

Yeah, this was the first time I became aware of this-- I've raised the concern with our marketplace ops, next shipment shouldn't have this problem. I was just as concerned myself as my PS4 was delivered today from shop.ca as well.

Oh wow, the shop.ca Killzone bundle with 2 controllers came back in stock and started shipping again?
I wonder if that's because of cancelled orders or something.

There were cancellations that we put back up on the site between 11am and noon or so, we only had a handful that sold out super quickly.

I wouldn't recommend Shop.ca, their customer service is terrible. Very slow, no one picks up on the phone, no chat room available ever, and the prices aren't even below retail.

I've been adamant that we haven't been prepared for the support request levels that we've had since the October 24th promotion. We're in the process of doubling our support team-- there have been some new hires, but they'll take time to get up to speed and we still are actively looking to hire several more people. It's not acceptable to wait more than a couple of days for a support request, it's why several people in our company have taken it upon ourselves to do support requests on their own time to chip in.

Also about the prices-- there are some issues in the video games section with price not being dropped on older items when MSRP has been dropped. I'll be looking to address that after we get through the next-gen hell. That being said, I think our other prices are like any other retailer. It varies. And yet we still have the 20% ebates cashback going, so we do have some great deals. I mean, the fact that RFD gets littered with new shop.ca threads every little while shows that people are finding there are some good deals. I'm hoping we can increase our breadth of stuff we carry though... once we get a full on pre-order system going I think we'll be in a way better position to offer most video games on the market.

Well, a gaffer works there so I'm sure he'll come to your rescue.
Really shouldn't need some dude on a message board to circumvent broken official support.

We're a relatively new company of 35 or so odd people, We're still just starting up and these are part of the growing pains unfortunately. But we are dedicated to having great customer service. And we're a small enough company that you can consider me official support :). I just don't have access to process cancellations/refunds, but I can look at an order and try to figure out an issue you're having for sure.

I've talked to him but what I need done is having them reply to my emails or pick up the phone. I've gotten an excuse but why the hell would I settle for that when I can go to another site or store with better service. I'm just saying avoid it if you care about that.
Hey, sorry you can't get through, but once again, you can contact me about any issues. I'm one of the guys who is pushing our company to go heavy on video games, so I am more than happy to help any of our customers here. Is it that you're still wondering if it comes with the $10 PSN voucher? I can confirm it does. The box itself is literally the exact same PS4 box that everyone else is getting. It just comes in a bigger brown box which also has Killzone and a Dualshock 4 in it (and in your case it would be PS Plus instead of the DS4).

I'd also like to point out that we actually came through for our customers and started shipping out PS4's last night. How the hell did amazon let us beat them in getting PS4's to our customers? :)

I feel like Albert Pennello

You've got to be kidding. The one time Amazon ships with UPS...

Top Bottom