• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd also like to point out that we actually came through for our customers and started shipping out PS4's last night. How the hell did amazon let us beat them in getting PS4's to our customers? :)

I feel like Albert Pennello
Please fast track the Dec 9 shipment! ;)

Also, 720p is fine!

FrsDvl

If we're still adding to that spreadsheet here's my info!
PSN ID: Lulzwagon
Games I'll be playing: Killzone, BF4, COD and Resogun.
If you ever want to increase your self confidence by playing with someone who is really shitty at games, feel free to add me!
I'll add you later once I get to my pc. Unless you want to do it yourself.

QUOTE to reveal spreadsheet url

Maximus.

Mine says it's being held at a facility in order to verify my address, is that what yours says?

Yup. I called the rep and he was confused because the address was right. Said we will find out on Monday if I will get it. Sounded like he didnt care about the situation either which didnt help.

Weird that has happened. Maybe overwhelmed, but I got that update in the middle of the day.

Krammy

Hoping it hits london tonight and maybe they'll let me pick it up from the depot tomorrow.

Want to know what really sucks? I checked a local Best Buy (near White Oaks) and asked how long it took for their additional PlayStation 4 stock to sell out. They said they had stock until around noon. It's awful knowing I could have just walked right in and picked one up instead of preordering on Amazon. I thought I was getting ahead of the curve by using them, but never again.

EDIT: Mirroring what others said:
November 15, 2013, 10:44 pm, CONCORD ON CA Shipment received by carrier
November 15, 2013, 9:45 am, Mississauga ON CA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yeah. Coworker went to bestbuy masonville and they had like 20 extra ps4s at 9am :/

Looks like my ps4 got on an earlier truck than yours. I guess that's what priority shipping gets ya, lol. Still hoping they will let me grab it tomorrow.

Yeah. Coworker went to bestbuy masonville and they had like 20 extra ps4s at 9am :/

Looks like my ps4 got on an earlier truck than yours. I guess that's what priority shipping gets ya, lol. Still hoping they will let me grab it tomorrow.
Does UPS priority ship on weekend? I have that too and now I'm really worried they'll just drop it off at mall security.

Krammy

Actually, I do have priority shipping. Ugh.

Megasoum

Banned
So I huh...kinda complained a lot on Twitter to the Future Shop account yesterday because, looking at the tracking at the time, it looked like there was no way I would get my PS4 today and I was pissed. Turns out I got it at 8am this morning and now there's a bunch of people who RT my tweet bitching even more about Future Shop and I kinda feel bad lol

Anth0ny

http://www.thestar.com/business/tec..._postal_service_will_deliver_on_weekends.html

I wonder when holiday saturday delivery start for Canada post?

Canada Post ‏@canadapostcorp 7h
#Toronto! #Vancouver! Don’t be surprised if we come knocking on your door this weekend #WeekendDelivery #CanadaPost

Canada Post Cares ‏@canadapostcares 2h
Only Toronto, GTA and Vancouver have weekend delivery at the moment. Thank you!

F#(*$... Calgary Shafted Again

seriously?

unfortunately, my canada post says to expect a delivery on the 18th -_-

jet1911

So I huh...kinda complained a lot on Twitter to the Future Shop account yesterday because, looking at the tracking at the time, it looked like there was no way I would get my PS4 today and I was pissed. Turns out I got it at 8am this morning and now there's a bunch of people who RT my tweet bitching even more about Future Shop and I kinda feel bad lol

Don't, I haven't received mine yet. :(

Looks like my PS4 didn't even make it to a shipping facility until 5:30pm today. I really hope this weekend shipping thing is for real in the GTA, because my tracking status finally has a date and it's Monday.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Does UPS priority ship on weekend? I have that too and now I'm really worried they'll just drop it off at mall security.

No. But it should be at the local facility by morning. I'm wondering if I can call and pick it up. If they're even open on weekends.

Edit: nope. Sort facility is closed sat and sun. this is another reason I hate UPS. They charge insane brokerage fees if you ever order from the US and they run stupid ass hours.

I'm adding to the Shop.ca talk. So I had ordered the new Killzone (PS4) and Ghosts (XBone) about a week ago. Killzone arrived with no problem. Ghosts is listed as being in stock, but it hasn't shipped yet?!

My wife tells me that whenever she's ordered things form them, they ship the items out rather quickly, so what's going on with this game?!

Noahd41

Neo Member
Got my PS4 from futureshop today with Killzone and BF4. I'll jump into KZ and Resogun before I try BF4. May take it back, it was part of the 40 e3 deal.

risKBreaker2 for PSN!

Don't, I haven't received mine yet. :(

Mine left Quebec postal facility and is on transit to my local post office. It should not move from "In transit" until Monday BUT it is because they do not scan it again until they are about to ship (from what I understand from their website). So tomorrow I will walk in the post office and ask them to check for a package with my tracking number, I think there is a good chance that it will be there. What is your status?

FrsDvl

Well at least my estimated delivery changed to the 18th rather than the 19th. Thats a bit better. Wish I could just go and pick it up. Canada post probably wont allow that or will they?

amrod

Well at least my estimated delivery changed to the 18th rather than the 19th. Thats a bit better. Wish I could just go and pick it up. Canada post probably wont allow that or will they?

Doubt it
Mine is sitting in Calgary waiting now too :/

hoverX

Is it unrealistic to expect that I should have received my PS4 today? I preordered on June 12th and I live within 40 minutes of Future Shop and Canadapost depots in the west end of toronto.

fuck Future Shop.

They haven't even sent most of my games out for shipping yet.

Normally I wouldn't care but I was supposed to do my Extra Life marathon tomorrow and invited a bunch of people over....

Went to the Coquitlam Centre EB to upgrade AC4 and BF4, decently large line of people even later at night. Turns out they didn't receive enough consoles for the people that had preordered it, let alone anyone without one.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is it unrealistic to expect that I should have received my PS4 today?

Receiving products on day one is hit or miss. Since it was releasing on a Friday, you really shouldn't have done an online pre-order if you wanted to ensure getting it for the weekend.

NYR

Future Shop is fine, relying on Canada Post says it all. Canadians are spoiled because they think we can get the same level of service like they did in the States with Amazon, for example. It's not happening here, there are more people in California than Canada, why would any company make the type of investment to ensure day and date mail delivery of products in a country this wide with not that many people when they have brick and mortar stores?

I had no problems picking up my June 11th in store pre order.

Future Shop is fine, relying on Canada Post says it all. Canadians are spoiled because they think we can get the same level of service like they did in the States with Amazon, for example. It's not happening here, there are more people in California than Canada, why would any company make the type of investment to ensure day and date mail delivery of products in a country this wide with not that many people when they have brick and mortar stores?

I had no problems picking up my June 11th in store pre order.

Canada Post's tracking says they didn't even get my package until 5:30pm today. Either they're lying through their teeth or it's at least partially Future Shop's fault I didn't get my PS4 today.

Haines

Banned
so you guys think ms will have the stock sony had?

I kind of want one, and it sounds like you guys are seeing ps4's on shelves after midnight launch in london, ontario so maybe i can just go sat morn and get one

hoverX

I ordered something from Amazon.ca at 12:05 this Thursday morning and it arrived today. Yet i ordered the PS4 5 months ago. I don't think it's Canada Posts fault that Future Shop didn't send my order to their depot until midnight Thursday night. They had 5 months to get that shit organized.

Last week they fucked up the shipment of my new TV. Ended up wasting the whole weekend waiting around for it but they kept pushing back the shipping window.

I'm never using them again.

Haines

Banned
I never trusted amazon.ca so i never used them to begin with. I use Futureshop tho, and they always got my games to me day 1.

i-Jest

I'm adding to the Shop.ca talk. So I had ordered the new Killzone (PS4) and Ghosts (XBone) about a week ago. Killzone arrived with no problem. Ghosts is listed as being in stock, but it hasn't shipped yet?!

My wife tells me that whenever she's ordered things form them, they ship the items out rather quickly, so what's going on with this game?!

Launch day disasters all around? No one has their shit solid. Was there an inquiry made as to the delay with Ghost?

hoverX

They (Future Shop) haven't even shipped most of my games yet. And they switched the status of one item from "in stock" to out of stock after I ordered it. How the fuck does that work? I bought it from them because it was in stock then they turn around 3 days before shipping and say it isn't?? Fuck them.

veras

So it seems like FS, BB, Amazon, Walmart all more or less failed at this launch - I'm curious, how did EB Games online orders fare? Trying to figure out who to give my business to in the future

Tagg9

So it seems like FS, BB, Amazon, Walmart all more or less failed at this launch - I'm curious, how did EB Games online orders fare? Trying to figure out who to give my business to in the future

I placed an order at EB and Future Shop. Didn't get either. EB Games shipped using Purolator's ground service. In the past, I've always gotten packages the day after it ships. This time, however, the scheduled date is Tuesday. =(

So I'd say practically everyone failed. I'd rank FS = BB > EB > Walmart >> Amazon.

Savitar

The problem is they know we mostly have no choice.

Kinda like how phone and net prices in Canada suck the mail isn't much better and they know we got to usually deal with it. So they do what they want.

sikkinixx

EB didn't ship mine until yesterday evening. And they didn't upgrade me to express like they said they were going to. Less than impressed. Never again do I use someone who has their warehouse in Ontario.

darkvir

amazon.ca shipped like at 7 pm. arrives on Monday... I did the free shipping method too. luckily, my brother picked up his PS4 today from FS so I got a PS4 fix.

J-Man

I received my Futureshop PS4 this afternoon, was happy it shipped in time. I had to call the Microplay and release that pre order, which was surprisingly strange. I'm sadden to hear others will have to wait until after the weekend.

I'll open the spreadsheet and add some gaffers tomorrow. I can't wait to be last place at Resogun!

I received my online PS4 preorder from FS at 9:45am in Calgary, was playing my EB since midnight!
That's why I've not been here on Neogaf for almost the whole day :)

jet1911

Mine left Quebec postal facility and is on transit to my local post office. It should not move from "In transit" until Monday BUT it is because they do not scan it again until they are about to ship (from what I understand from their website). So tomorrow I will walk in the post office and ask them to check for a package with my tracking number, I think there is a good chance that it will be there. What is your status?

Same thing. No clue where is my local "official" post office though. :p

when you guys do get your PS4's i suggest taking a look at the HDMI port before you slam a cord in. I noticed one of the shielding tabs was a touch high in comparison to the other one. it really does look like it might catch on the male jack of HDMI cords.

Cmagus

Hmm according to my tracking my package has started moving with an estimated delivery date of 2013/11/20 which is Wednesday. Although the package according to the tracking is half way through the bar so I am thinking if it keeps moving today then it could show Monday I mean I am only 1 1/2 - 2 hours away from Mississauga.

Cmagus

I was just going through my coat pocket and forgot that when I bought Knack from Shoppers Drug Mart the other day they gave me a $10 off gift card for my next purchase and it is valid until December 6th. Dunno why they gave it to me but if anyone was picking up games it may be worth a try to see if they give you a gift card. Just thought I would mention it.

isny

napkin dispenser

I got my FS order yesterday /shrug

djblue89

Anyone in Canada having any issues ? Like the blue light of death or anything ? Mine is going great with no issues after about 5-6 hours of play!

Maybe us Canadians got a 2nd batch or something ;)

I got my FS order yesterday /shrug

Two of my friends received their FS/BB orders. The majority of the people who bought theirs online, ended up only getting their shipping notices yesterday.

Anyone in Canada having any issues ? Like the blue light of death or anything ? Mine is going great with no issues after about 5-6 hours of play!

Maybe us Canadians got a 2nd batch or something ;)

Mine is running like a champ so far... I've put about 5 hours on it...

when you guys do get your PS4's i suggest taking a look at the HDMI port before you slam a cord in. I noticed one of the shielding tabs was a touch high in comparison to the other one. it really does look like it might catch on the male jack of HDMI cords.

I also think the whole weird angled thing going on in the back of the PS4 can also throw people off when putting in their HDMI cord. And those PS4 HDMI cords seem to require a little more pressure than a normal HDMI cord to go in all the way as well.

Anyway one thing I've been noticing is my internet (Teksavvy) goes to shit when I'm downloading games off of PSN. None of my other devices can even connect to the internet. I don't know if this is Teksavvy's fault or Rogers', but seems like they are doing some packet shaping and lowering my network priority because they think I'm torrenting or something. Last night when I was at my brother's place (has Bell Fibe), I was tearing through downloads and was thinking I really wanted to go all digital. But my experience at home is making me think twice.

Savitar

UPS delivery is actually going pretty good, last night when I went to sleep it was in Calgary, looked at it a moment ago and it was in Quebec. At this point it would be hard to believe I wouldn't get it Monday or Tuesday at the very least.

Top Bottom