• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So I can only assume my PS4 is sitting at the ups warehouse all weekend because they are closed :(

In other news, Microsoft attempted to charge me for my Xbox One but it got declined because MS changed their auth price from 0.00 to 564.99 -- this raised a flag for TD and I had to call in and reauthorize the charge.

All is good now, and they are also using UPS to ship. Let's hope it goes out Monday and arrives a little early :)

Any Torontonians getting PS4 tracking updates on their FS/BB shipment? So far this whole Saturday delivery thing from Canada Post seems to be a big bust.

Mine is perfectly fine. No issues so far. Hopefully I won't encounter what others are encountering.

Yeah, I expected to see a few people talking about returns in this thread due to hardware problems. Surprised to see nothing. I really do wonder if the issues are isolated to specific batches at this point.

I didn't really want to bump the old COD/AC4/BF4 trade thread, but hopefully this won't get lost in with all the PS4 posts.

Has anyone tried exchanging the games from that day, would they do it? I really wanted the WiiU version of AC4, but they were out by the time I got to the front of the line. I traded for a WiiU COD, which was my "second pick" so to speak. I've really been having second thoughts about it though, it is still sealed I didn't even try it yet, and I'd like to exchange it for an AC4 now that they are stocked again. Anyone ever try exchanging those titles? If no one knows then I'll just go and try it, but they are kind of out of the way, so hopefully someone can save me a trip if its a "no way" ;)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would say probably not, because in their system, they probably have to process it as a return, but it depends on what CSR you end up dealing with and whether or not you're willing to complain about it to get something to happen otherwise.

I still remember trying to exchange my GTAV 360 copy for a PS3 copy. That was an adventure. lol

Noahd41

Neo Member
No issues here. Killzone had a little bit of slowdown and the PSN Store is finally up after maintinence last night. Downloading Resogun now.

Are the F2P games worth it?

DrEvil

Yeah, I expected to see a few people talking about returns in this thread due to hardware problems. Surprised to see nothing. I really do wonder if the issues are isolated to specific batches at this point.

I'm thinking bilingual boxes for Canada were printed later, and thus we got a later batch of consoles? I'd be curious to see the assembly date and location for those in this thread who have received theirs :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm thinking bilingual boxes for Canada were printed later, and thus we got a later batch of consoles? I'd be curious to see the assembly date and location for those in this thread who have received theirs :)
You know is that why the PS4s come in a box inside a box? lol
Makes sense I suppose.

No movement on my PS4 in Vancouver. It was "shipped" Thursday night, actually made it to Canada Post last night around 6pm, but that's where the tracking ends. Doesn't appear like Saturday deliveries are actually happening I guess?

xanavi

I really need to stop checking the tracking status, it says it was processed at my local delivery facility today at noon. There's no way it's getting delivered today though since I'm not in Toronto or Vancouver.

Appleman

Did any of you "In Progress" Toronto guys get your status changed at all or are you still left hanging? @BBYCanada told me to contact customer service if I haven't gotten an tracking number yet but they were no help at all...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did any of you "In Progress" Toronto guys get your status changed at all or are you still left hanging? @BBYCanada told me to contact customer service if I haven't gotten an tracking number yet but they were no help at all...

I can't even login to the BB website, it tells me my account doesn't exist. After it's worked perfectly fine before oO

I really need to stop checking the tracking status, it says it was processed at my local delivery facility today at noon. There's no way it's getting delivered today though since I'm not in Toronto or Vancouver.

Hilariously, I AM in Toronto and I haven't had any updates today at all.

My tracking updated at some point overnight that my PS4 was processed in Sauga 5:24 PM Friday night, and now it is in Scarborough as of 10:24AM today.........I guess I'll be getting it Monday unless they do some more moving tomorrow

one pleasant thing... my amazon order shipped at 7 last night, but scheduled to arrive Monday!

Wow, mine is still preparing for shipment somehow.
Anyone else's Amazon.ca order still preparing as well? I have contacted CS 3 times already but every time they say it will ship very very soon but still nothing yet.

Can you finally play your own MP3 in any game on the PS4 like on the XBOX360?

All the info I find is that you can through Music Unlimited, but I talk about putting my own mp3 on a USB stick and loading them on my console like I was doing with PS3.

Can you finally play your own MP3 in any game on the PS4 like on the XBOX360?

All the info I find is that you can through Music Unlimited, but I talk about putting my own mp3 on a USB stick and loading them on my console like I was doing with PS3.

No, but apparently that functionality is "coming soon."

Savitar

UPS was doing darn good but looks like they stopped early today since it hasn't changed status since this morning. Still stuck in Quebec.

Wondering if it will only continue come Monday.

Seeing xbones in stock at some Future Shops already.

Its happenng... Again!

I actually ordered this one throgh FS so im gonna have to do the waiting game.

Smiley90

DrEvil

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING AMAZON.

Greetings from Amazon.ca.

You saved CDN$ 0.99 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the
lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

PlayStation 4
Price on order date: CDN$ 399.99
Price charged at shipping: CDN$ 399.00
Lowest price before release date: CDN$ 399.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: CDN$ 0.99

CDN$ 0.99 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

THANKS AMAZON.. jesus christ. I can't even contain my laughter at this.. it's just.. so.. ridiculous. lol.

Savitar

THANKS AMAZON.. jesus christ. I can't even contain my laughter at this.. it's just.. so.. ridiculous. lol.

You think that's ridiculous?

I got a refund today from amazon.com where I had a package from them a month back, know how much for?

.04 cents.

Yeah....four cents. They refunded me that, I should have it any time now, wow!

Smiley90

You think that's ridiculous?

I got a refund today from amazon.com where I had a package from them a month back, know how much for?

.04 cents.

Yeah....four cents. They refunded me that, I should have it any time now, wow!

Is it bad that I'm laughing at this? I'm so sorry guys but LOL.

Savitar

Oh hey....looks like I got that 0.99 cents saving on my PS4 too.

That and the previous four cents means I'm rolling in the big time now!

funny-gif-Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif

I got the same email lol

and to instill some confidence to fellow canucks, my sony store ps4 is running like a champ. my brother got the futureshop one i ordered and he's also not having any problems. the amazon one should get here on monday, which is for a co worker, and hopefully i go 3/3 in terms of good units

Anyone on the East Coast have any luck getting their PS4 by Friday from Best Buy? I'm wondering if I should even bother hoping my Xbox One will be here for launch day.

Omlagus

Anyone on the East Coast have any luck getting their PS4 by Friday from Best Buy? I'm wondering if I should even bother hoping my Xbox One will be here for launch day.

I'd say assume you won't have it launch day then be surprised if it shows up. If BB fucks up the Xbone launch as much as PS4 you will be lucky to see it Friday.

My guess is it'll depend on where you live. Find that Future Shop chart of estimated delivery times to your area. Two-day or three-day distance? You've got a decent shot. One-day? Forget it.

I'd say assume you won't have it launch day then be surprised if it shows up. If BB fucks up the Xbone launch as much as PS4 you will be lucky to see it Friday.

I'll keep my expectations in check then, didn't realise BestBuy made a mess of shipping PS4's out.

My guess is it'll depend on where you live. Find that Future Shop chart of estimated delivery times to your area. Two-day or three-day distance? You've got a decent shot. One-day? Forget it.

Three days away, so at least I have that.

I have an Xbox One preordered online and one preordered in store. At this point I imagine it's better to just go with the one I preordered in store since it's guaranteed that I'll get it on launch day.

terrible

Banned
No change whatsoever on my end. I'd be shocked if I even got it by Monday though I have nothing other than a gut feeling to go by on that one.

brarstar

Neo Member
I somehow got lucky and 2 Xbox one pre orders popped up online on bestbuy so I jumped on one. But it's standard delivery. I'm assuming I won't get it till the week of the 25th correct?

You know what would have been awseome.
If shop.ca had given the option to people who ordered PS4s for Dec 9th to get the other old PS4 promo that popped up to be shipped this month(launch day bundle)

:( oh well

Top Bottom