• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So my Xbox One just shipped from the Microsoft store. UPS hasn't updated the tracking info yet but that's insanely early. Woo!

Haines

Banned
Go to local best buy in the morning. Should be able to pick one up, unless supply is limited

Yeah, we stopped at Best buy today.

There launch ad said the following:

Preorders available at midnight
20 minimum consoles up for grabs as well
and at least 20 up for grabs at store open

seems like a weird way of doing it

I work afternoon shift (4-12) so im thinking just going home, sleep, than drive to bb, fs and walmart in the morning trying to grab one, and if i fail i fail but with ps4's being available til noon, i cant imagine ms could be that far behind with supply

soultron

Banned
Still have my PS4 sitting in its box unopened. Pretty conflicted on whether or not I want to open it. My only real reason is that next week I'd rather play Zelda and Tearaway. :s

Anyone know the deal with that shop.ca bundle from last week? Could it potentially ship earlier then December if the stock becomes available?

Cheerilee

Go to Target. Black Diamond cheese (500g) is $4.44. That's a good price.
Buy anything. It doesn't matter. Maybe cheese. Get a free coupon along with your receipt for $1 off a block of Black Diamond cheese.
Go back in and buy cheese for $3.44 (that's an even better price). Get another coupon. Repeat until you have too much cheese.

Savitar

For anyone that might get an Xbox One early remember, you can't do anything with it unless you update and if you update at that point Microsoft will "ban" you. Supposedly you'll be unbanned come release date but I'd be a bit wary of that and what MS says so caution might be the better part of valor.....if not a potential working system in the long run.

amrod

For anyone that might get an Xbox One early remember, you can't do anything with it unless you update and if you update at that point Microsoft will "ban" you. Supposedly you'll be unbanned come release date but I'd be a bit wary of that and what MS says so caution might be the better part of valor.....if not a potential working system in the long run.

If my xbone shipment from fs is anything like my ps4 shipment, I'll have my xbone is December :(

FrsDvl

Go to Target. Black Diamond cheese (500g) is $4.44. That's a good price.
Buy anything. It doesn't matter. Maybe cheese. Get a free coupon along with your receipt for $1 off a block of Black Diamond cheese.
Go back in and buy cheese for $3.44 (that's an even better price). Get another coupon. Repeat until you have too much cheese.

I love cheese

Zing

Banned
I stopped buying Black Diamond cheese last year. It's made with modified milk ingredients, which companies use to get around the high tariffs on imported milk. In other words, the cheese is largely made from butter oil and other parts of milk watered down to 49% milk content so as to not be legally considered milk.

I buy real cheese at superstore. There is the PC brand in the deli department. Ingredient is actual milk. It's $8-10 per block, though, but worth it.

Maximus

I somehow got lucky and 2 Xbox one pre orders popped up online on bestbuy so I jumped on one. But it's standard delivery. I'm assuming I won't get it till the week of the 25th correct?

This just happened for me as well. My PS4 from bestbuy.ca was delivered the day before release so here's hoping for the same luck.

DrEvil

not a medical professional

My order is shipping direct from MS, so I'm assuming they'll unlock xboxLive by Wednesday if they're shipping them this soon.

Savitar

My order is shipping direct from MS, so I'm assuming they'll unlock xboxLive by Wednesday if they're shipping them this soon.

If they are smart they will do that to make themselves look good.

Which considering everything else they've done lately means they probably won't.

soultron

Banned
Think I could go to EB on the midnight release of the X1 to pick up my Zelda 3DS XL? Or would that be weird?

You might want to speak with a manager to confirm if they'll have the unit by then and if they can let you in for it and when. Speaking from the perspective of someone waiting in line for a XB1, I'd be pretty ticked if someone was holding up the rest of the line for something other than the XB1 though, so maybe you could go at the very end after all the XB1s are gone. If the employees would still serve you, providing they just went through madness. Keep in mind that many EBs also don't budget properly for things like midnight launches, so the manager may be stretching labour as it is, so you might have some tired employees who aren't even getting anything out of the launch themselves.

Sober

So ALBW is next Friday ... should I preorder it just to be safe? Won't be playing until December rolls around but I don't want to end up having to hunting it down from store to store like I was told people had to do for FE:A.

soultron

Banned
So ALBW is next Friday ... should I preorder it just to be safe? Won't be playing until December rolls around but I don't want to end up having to hunting it down from store to store like I was told people had to do for FE:A.

Preorder that shit, my dude. Remember how scarce FE was? I had to wait 2 months to find a damned physical copy since I didn't get one at launch. Even though it's a bigger release than FE, I'm scared of Nintendo pulling that business again to drive scarcity at retail. Dat eShop money, man.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dude, I'll hook you up with my E3 pre-order since I pre-ordered the copy that comes with the little treasure chest. Hell, I'll also have a digital copy for sale since I'm getting the Zelda XL.

ahdurian

did anyone preorder their PS4 from Best Buy?
It looks like they've already charged me for it, but I haven't received any notices via e-mail regarding my shipment being processed

For those of you looking for PS+, here is a deal.

PS+ for $39.99

People on RFD tried and confirmed it works. Keep in mind though, Gamestop in the US is doing a $29.99 for 1 Year of PS+ on Black Friday.

It looks like they've already charged me for it, but I haven't received any notices via e-mail regarding my shipment being processed

Do you mean the Xbox One or the PS4?

Most of the people including myself got charged for the PS4 last Monday. I didn't get an email either and when I logged in on the Future Shop website, on Wednesday I did get a shipment tracking.

I didn't get an email for any of those. The same thing could happen with the Xbox One as well.

Lexxism

SM3D World this week. Damn, I should had pre-ordered that game during E3 deal.

Anyone know the deal with that shop.ca bundle from last week? Could it potentially ship earlier then December if the stock becomes available?

One gaf working in that company said that it can go as early as Dec 3 but not before Dec 3.

iphys

Wow, didn't realize the Wii Mini now includes Mario Kart. $100 for a red Wiimote/nunchuk and copy of Mario Kart actually isn't bad.

Zing

Banned
Any deals for Super Mario 3D World? Even $5 off would be fine. Otherwise, I am just going to order from EBGames since I have CoD Ghosts to trade in for $30.

PS+ for $39.99

People on RFD tried and confirmed it works. Keep in mind though, Gamestop in the US is doing a $29.99 for 1 Year of PS+ on Black Friday.

Oh cool, thanks for posting this up. I've been putting this off, but I should probably scoop this deal up (though it's tempting to wait and see what the BF deals would look like for us)...

ahdurian

PS+ for $39.99

Do you mean the Xbox One or the PS4?

Most of the people including myself got charged for the PS4 last Monday. I didn't get an email either and when I logged in on the Future Shop website, on Wednesday I did get a shipment tracking.

I didn't get an email for any of those. The same thing could happen with the Xbox One as well.

PS4.
I was just curious, since every time I've ordered something from BB/FS, they only would have charged me on the date that they shipped my order out. I would've gotten an e-mail on the same day that the charge went through to say that my order was processed, but nothing as of yet
I figured that even with the high volumes of preorders they have, the would still go by the same process

Hilti92

I got lucky yesterday. I was heading out to the valley in NS so I figured I would check FutureShops stock to see if they had any PS4's by chance and it turns out they did online. However, when I clicked reserve, I never got an email back. So I called 30 minutes later and they said they have about 20 of the consoles and that they cannot reserve them. I said I won't be out til 7 and I have a 4 hour drive, I don't want to get out there and have them gone. He said he was 90% sure they'd still have them at that point. Anyways, checked the stock at around 5, they were sold out. Called the store and it turns out they did put it on reserve for me. Went out, played pick up hockey and grabbed my console. Kind of lied about the drive distance but it is still an hr and a half away.

Cmagus

You won't they don't send any email you'll find the info on their site in the orders section. People on RFD are reporting getting their PS4's delivered today in the general Toronto area so maybe some of you guys will get lucky today.

FrsDvl

FS and Bestbuy do ship on Sundays as well. So everyone in zone 1 can very well expect a shipping notice today, and get it tomorrow.

timnich

My second PS4 which I ordered for a friend just got delivered. On a Sunday. Not really sure what's going on, but my friend is ecstatic he gets his system today. Canada Post doing weekend deliveries now?

Edit: just read a few posts above mine, guess it's a Best Buy thing.

FrsDvl

My second PS4 which I ordered for a friend just got delivered. On a Sunday. Not really sure what's going on, but my friend is ecstatic he gets his system today. Canada Post doing weekend deliveries now?

Edit: just read a few posts above mine, guess it's a Best Buy thing.

No that's a Canada post thing. Do you live in the GTA or Vancouver? Canada post started weekend deliveries during the holiday season

Ondore

So what are the chances the two biggest releases of the week ship early enough that I'll get to play them Friday (or Saturday, knowing my luck) from FutureShop?

I'm talking about Link Between Worlds and 3D World.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what are the chances the two biggest releases of the week ship early enough that I'll get to play them Friday (or Saturday, knowing my luck) from FutureShop?

It's totally random. I almost feel like it depends on who is in charge of the warehouse that day or something.

FrsDvl

Expect them to ship on Thursday. Usually they don't ship games till a day before release, no matter where you're located. Hoping to get 3D World Friday, but I know it won't get here till Monday.

Top Bottom