• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Savitar

So ALBW is next Friday ... should I preorder it just to be safe? Won't be playing until December rolls around but I don't want to end up having to hunting it down from store to store like I was told people had to do for FE:A.

If you pre order from ebgames.ca you get the GBA Zelda games Oracle of Seasons for free. Two free Zelda games? Not a bad deal.

veras

A friend of mine ordered a PS4 from FS in June, and when it didn't show on Friday he called to complain, then called to complain again today and they ended up giving him a $50 credit. Incidentally, his PS4 also just showed up (midtown Toronto).

I do plan on using that free month of PS+ membership that came with the PS4 but it needs my credit card information entered.

Is it easy to disable that information on PSN or easy to turn off automatic renewal? I had issues with Xbox Live in the past and i said to myself, would never enter it again.

Any suggestions guys?

I do plan on using that free month of PS+ membership that came with the PS4 but it needs my credit card information entered.

Is it easy to disable that information on PSN or easy to turn off automatic renewal? I had issues with Xbox Live in the past and i said to myself, would never enter it again.

Any suggestions guys?

Yeah it's really easy to turn off auto renewal. Just head to account management in the settings and you can disable auto renewal for all services

timnich

No that's a Canada post thing. Do you live in the GTA or Vancouver? Canada post started weekend deliveries during the holiday season
GTA. If that's the case that's very convenient. I have quite a few items coming in the next few weeks. Knowing that weekend delivery is now an option is actually a huge relief, at least I know I'll always be home on weekends to receive packages.

zroid

Banned
As much as I don't want a pS4, this thread is making me want a PS4.

Welcome to my nightmare

I do want a PS4 though, just not right now. Not gonna risk getting fucked over by launch hardware, especially when the only thing I want to play is Resogun.

Mayyhem

To those of you getting an Xbox One:

What extended warranty are you going with? If any?

I have it pre-ordered at FS but I don't want to give them money for their crappy warranty. I'm thinking about sticking to the one year manufacturers warranty but I'm a little wary due to this being a launch console.

DaBoss

Just do what I do every time the urge comes to get a PS4. Look at the available games and realize there isn't much there you can't get on other systems/PC.
And nearly avoid all Next-gen threads lol.

Lexxism

Any deals for Super Mario 3D World? Even $5 off would be fine. Otherwise, I am just going to order from EBGames since I have CoD Ghosts to trade in for $30.

I think shop.ca will probably the best bet to buy. They have these promo codes that will give you a $10 off per purchase. Though they don't have the game up yet in their site.

bakuryu

Neo Member
I resisted the PS4 hype for so long and did not pre-order... but if anyone told me there are units in stock anywhere in Montreal right now I would definitely break down and go buy one.

What are the chances anyone got restocked since Friday? Or that Sony is keeping a batch for Friday, to have stock when XBones inevitably get sold out?

A friend of mine ordered a PS4 from FS in June, and when it didn't show on Friday he called to complain, then called to complain again today and they ended up giving him a $50 credit. Incidentally, his PS4 also just showed up (midtown Toronto).

I thought about doing it but I have a feeling that he has been very lucky to get something out of his complaints. Still wondering if I should bother with it today...

Appleman

Someone I this thread and someone on RFD got their ps4 today, so they are definitely delivering today. Tracking status didn't update for them though or at least not for the guy on RFD.

I feel like this is applying to people who've gotten tracking numbers so far, there's a few of us who don't even have that yet and I doubt we'll be getting it. If I still have no tracking number tomorrow I'll be incredibly angry, what a clusterfuck on Best Buy's part

Hilti92

Anyone know when EB does shipments? NBA 2k14 is not at any for PS4..
Also, is it true if you buy the consoles with a credit card, you get an extra year on your warranty? I bought it with my Mastercard.

The fuck is this shit!? At least from my end this sure looks more like Canada Post not being able to handle the load than anything else.

thefuckisthisshityduii.png

Savitar

That from amazon?

If so mine went from Richmond BC to the airport in Quebec as of Saturday morning where it's been waiting ever since where mail is kinda kaput over the weekend.

Even with UPS priority mail.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You won't they don't send any email you'll find the info on their site in the orders section. People on RFD are reporting getting their PS4's delivered today in the general Toronto area so maybe some of you guys will get lucky today.

Kind of hard to check your order status on the BB website when their online platform is fucked and many people (including me) can't access their account at all. I called them and they said a lot of people are reporting the issue and they're working on it. They hope to have it fixed sometime today... we'll see. Until then we just can't login to our accounts.

Guesong

Expect them to ship on Thursday. Usually they don't ship games till a day before release, no matter where you're located. Hoping to get 3D World Friday, but I know it won't get here till Monday.

I must have been unlucky in all my FS shipments cause for me, who lives right next to Montreal, they have always, 100 % shipped the day they released.

Which is why I'm extra-bummed that Ninty releases the GOTYs on a Friday. God that'll be a long weekend.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Welcome to my nightmare

I do want a PS4 though, just not right now. Not gonna risk getting fucked over by launch hardware, especially when the only thing I want to play is Resogun.

Resogun is worth buying a PS4 for :p

Haines

Banned
PS4's came up for reservation on Best Buy Kitchener so I put my name and number on one through the website. It says I will get an email. So does this mean they have them in stock and I just have to go pick it up?

Smiley90

PS4's came up for reservation on Best Buy Kitchener so I put my name and number on one through the website. It says I will get an email. So does this mean they have them in stock and I just have to go pick it up?

They came up a few times in Vancouver too and confirmations were declined every single time. I believe this means they DO have them in stock, but they don't accept reservations for it. So they just decline every reservation/ignore it if people put one in online.

Haines

Banned
They came up a few times in Vancouver too and confirmations were declined every single time. I believe this means they DO have them in stock, but they don't accept reservations for it. So they just decline every reservation/ignore it if people put one in online.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info duder.

Smiley90

So apparently Best Buy cancelled the PS4 orders they made available Thursday at midnight/early AM on Friday.

Great. Juuuust great. It said they had about 1600 units available for backorder when I put in mine. -.-

veras

So apparently Best Buy cancelled the PS4 orders they made available Thursday at midnight/early AM on Friday.

Great. Juuuust great. It said they had about 1600 units available for backorder when I put in mine. -.-

I thought that was an incremental counter - i.e. there were 1600 backordered orders ahead of you if you placed an order at that time.

Smiley90

I thought that was an incremental counter - i.e. there were 1600 backordered orders ahead of you if you placed an order at that time.

I thought the number got smaller over time? So I figured it was x backorders available for the "next batch".

Anyway, they cancelled it anyway. So....... yeah. No way I'll get a PS4 anytime soon because it's impossible to find one anywhere in the lower mainland. yay.

nordique

Man, I feel bad for you guys that got screwed over with shipping.

You will eventually get your systems and you will feel glorious!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're not helping!!

You don't need a PS4 at this point and there's nothing worth playing on it at this point. Resogun will always be there for you assuming you have PS+.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're not helping!!

You don't need a PS4 at this point and there's nothing worth playing on it at. Resogun will always be there for you assuming you have PS+.

Hey Canadian Bros, I am selling a perfectly functional fat 20GB PS3 with 120GB hard drive in it.
If any anyone wants it let me know, depending on what you offer me I'll pay the shipping.
PM me for more info/details.

Cmagus

I just checked my BB order, and it states the same thing...

What does that mean exactly anyone?

Your order will forever be in progress. Mine has shipped and it is still in progress but when it ships you will see a pdf file in the bottom box with your tracking number.

Canon

Banned
It's been 9 days and the eBates credit for my shop.ca purchase hasn't shown up on my account. About a week since I asked to cancel a purchase on shop.ca without a response other than an email telling me to be patient.

Will have to call my bank and go through that shit but they're closed until tomorrow.

Roto13

I hope Future Shop/Best Buy has a trade-one-game-get-Zelda-free deal. And I hope that one game can be Call of Duty: Ghosts. :p

Otherwise, EB Games is taking Call of Doggy, Asssassin's Creed IV, or Battlefield 4 for $30 until the 24th, so that's not bad either.

-Deimos

It's been 9 days and the eBates credit for my shop.ca purchase hasn't shown up on my account. About a week since I asked to cancel a purchase on shop.ca without a response other than an email telling me to be patient.

Will have to call my bank and go through that shit but they're closed until tomorrow.
Email ebates and they will update if it's more than 7 days.

Smiley90

If anyone in the Lower Mainland has 2 pre-orders and is planning on selling their e.g. amazon.ca delivery, please shoot me a PM will ya? thanks.

Otherwise I'll probably have to come to terms with the fact that I'll have to wait until the next batch in January...

brarstar

Neo Member
The Canadian in me really wishes NHL 14 was out on Next Gen, but also I guess its good the devs get a lot of time to work on an amazing NHL 15 (I hope)

Tagg9

The Canadian in me really wishes NHL 14 was out on Next Gen, but also I guess its good the devs get a lot of time to work on an amazing NHL 15 (I hope)

Yeah, considering the state of the EA Sports games that are actually on next-gen this year (FIFA, Madden), we're probably better off.

Top Bottom