• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Decado

The Canadian in me really wishes NHL 14 was out on Next Gen, but also I guess its good the devs get a lot of time to work on an amazing NHL 15 (I hope)

The gamer in me bloody well wishes they'd release NHL games on the PC. They are trying to build Origin, aren't they? Their sports games are their top franchises.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If anyone in the Lower Mainland has 2 pre-orders and is planning on selling their e.g. amazon.ca delivery, please shoot me a PM will ya? thanks.

Otherwise I'll probably have to come to terms with the fact that I'll have to wait until the next batch in January...

Shoutout to Hurt and Scared, who will hopefully not murder me tonight! If I don't post here before 11pm PST, please call the police. :p

Smiley90

No worries lol think you will feel at ease once you come to my neighbourhood it's quiet and easy going

image.php

Zing

Banned
I hope Future Shop/Best Buy has a trade-one-game-get-Zelda-free deal. And I hope that one game can be Call of Duty: Ghosts. :p

Otherwise, EB Games is taking Call of Doggy, Asssassin's Creed IV, or Battlefield 4 for $30 until the 24th, so that's not bad either.
I noticed that they removed Ghosts from the trade 2 for $60 promotion. I have a feeling they lowered the TIV.

I'm still wondering if EB gives $30 for the Wii U Ghosts. I didn't get a chance to stop by today.

Yort

I noticed that they removed Ghosts from the trade 2 for $60 promotion. I have a feeling they lowered the TIV.

I'm still wondering if EB gives $30 for the Wii U Ghosts. I didn't get a chance to stop by today.

Last Monday I traded Ghosts from the Futureshop deal (after beating it) towards Zelda. It was the 360 version, though.

I also wish that EA would put NHL on PC. I plan on staying PC and Nintendo this generation, and it's really one of the few games I want on the PS4/Xbone. And free online play would be nice. I'd put up with Origin some more for that.

zroid

Banned
This completely flies in the face of what I just said about waiting for a PS4, but does anyone know if Shoppers lets you combine the 20% off Seniors' discount with points redemptions? I imagine so, right?

Originally I was thinking of waiting for a bonus/super/mega redemption to pick up a console, but these will invariably be on the weekend, so if I just get my parents to buy a PS4 for me from Shoppers, I could get a cool $220 off (or $250 if the CSR forgets to limit the Senior discount to $50).

Hmmmm...

Of course the challenge will be finding a store with a PS4 in stock on Thursday.

edit: Ugh. I should just wait. Damn you, deals thread!! I HATE YOU ALL

krae_man

Okay so I phoned Bestbuy to ask what the hell is up with my second PS4 and the dude looked up my purchase history and the date I preordered it and gave me 10% off it.

I was hoping to get a free game out of it, but 10% is close enough. He was nice and apologetic and whatnot so I didn't feel the need to raise hell and demand to speak to a supervisor who could do better.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I think FIFA is a good port. Except for the invisible ball bug, but you can't win 'em all
That's a pretty big one to lose considering the entire game revolves around the ball, lol.

So my xbox one shipped from the Microsoft Store on Saturday, and the UPS tracking info says the billing info is coming from Carlisle, PA in the states. Crazy.

trixx

any black friday sales here in Canada, i heard Zelda 3ds bundle was on sale for $200 but i dont know if its states only

FrsDvl

Since most of the PS4 storm is over now, i'm posting the Canada GAF PSN ID Spreadsheet one more time, add yourself, or post in this topic and I'll get to it.
QUOTE this post to reveal the URL!

ElNino

I traded my 360 version of Ghosts in at EB on Friday and the TIV was still $30.

Since most of the PS4 storm is over now, i'm posting the Canada GAF PSN ID Spreadsheet one more time, add yourself, or post in this topic and I'll get to it.
QUOTE this post to reveal the URL!

I'll hopefully be joining PSN tomorrow :)

Still need to come up with a username

Seville

Quick question. I have COD:Ghosts and finished the SP. Multiplayer is Meh. Can I trade it in at EBGAMES for $30? Do you need a receipt? I got it from the FS/BB deal

FS keeps giving me an error when I try to cancel my Xbox One preorder. Wonder if that means they are going to charge soon. Kind of want to cancel it since I'd rather pick up in store and actually get it on launch day.

Razdek

Banned
Anyone know of any places that have started selling Xbox One accessories? I've tried EB games, Walmart, RCSS, future shop and Best Buy in Calgary and couldn't find any.

Gxgear

Really regret not preordering NFS Rivals during E3, need to take my own advice and just put an order down on EVERYTHING that week.

Razdek

Banned
FS keeps giving me an error when I try to cancel my Xbox One preorder. Wonder if that means they are going to charge soon. Kind of want to cancel it since I'd rather pick up in store and actually get it on launch day.

Can't you just pick it up on launch and return the one shipped to you when it comes?

Can't you just pick it up on launch and return the one shipped to you when it comes?

Problem is I have a gift card setup with the online purchase and it won't let me remove it. I want to use the gift card for the purchase in store.

Oh well, might give them a call tomorrow. Or I might just fuck it and hope that it arrives for launch.

Smiley90

Might just be their online system being crap, calling will work

you guys should check out Shoppers Drugmart they had some PS4s there in my area but got sold out super quick

I would imagine the same thing will happen with xbox one, not alot of people think to look there

FrsDvl

If PS4 is anything to go by you'll get charged tomorrow

Future Shop / Best Buy's online order modification systems are crap; most of the times changing your method of payment or anything will give you an error message. Just call them and they should be able to cancel it right away on their end assuming your card has not been charged yet (if you still see the cancel button then it has not been charged).

Smiley or anyone, if you guys are in the Vancouver area and need a PS4, maybe I could sell you guys mine at a cost price.

I only "unboxed" it, didn't even take out the plastic film from the DS4, didn't use any of the free PSN codes etc. didn't plug the console in either. just held it in my hand and inspected it closely.

So basically it is band new but already opened box. I walked in to the Future Shop in downtown to return it with the receipt, but first I asked the lady in customer service if they have any PS4s in stock, she said "No, and not until at least 2 weeks!" I was like: On second thought I wont return my baby and hold on to it for now...

Reason I want to part ways with it is I don't even have a decent TV at the moment to play it on, also planning on moving to a new place in December, so i can wait...

Anyone want a PS4 and is in Vancouver, I'll sell it yo you at cost price plus tax...which comes to 451? 452 bucks?? Guess it's better than returning it to F Shop.

soultron

Banned
Paypal won't let me use my savings/chequing account on Shop.ca?

Then what's the point of using PP at all when I could've just used my CC via Shop.ca's own checkout flow?

Dazzler

So I just popped the Battlefield 4 I got from EB Cambie into my PS4 and the whole thing is in Spanish...

wtf

The only option I seem to have is to switch the dialogue to English, nothing more

anyone else get this?

Future Shop / Best Buy's online order modification systems are crap; most of the times changing your method of payment or anything will give you an error message. Just call them and they should be able to cancel it right away on their end assuming your card has not been charged yet (if you still see the cancel button then it has not been charged).

Yeah, I'll call them tomorrow morning. Hopefully I beat them charging my GC.

Smiley90

Smiley or anyone, if you guys are in the Vancouver area and need a PS4, maybe I could sell you guys mine at a cost price.

I only "unboxed" it, didn't even take out the plastic film from the DS4, didn't use any of the free PSN codes etc. didn't plug the console in either. just held it in my hand and inspected it closely.

So basically it is band new but already opened box. I walked in to the Future Shop in downtown to return it with the receipt, but first I asked the lady in customer service if they have any PS4s in stock, she said "No, and not until at least 2 weeks!" I was like: On second thought I wont return my baby and hold on to it for now...

Reason I want to part ways with it is I don't even have a decent TV at the moment to play it on, also planning on moving to a new place in December, so i can wait...

Anyone want a PS4 and is in Vancouver, I'll sell it yo you at cost price plus tax...which comes to 451? 452 bucks?? Guess it's better than returning it to F Shop.

Thanks for the offer man, but I actually just picked one up from Hurt and Scared who was nice enough to sell me one for at cost and didn't murder me, which is always a plus.

Like mentioned above, the best buy order system is pretty shit. I can't change my payment method, all I get is an error message. Should I just call CS? I'd rather not give my credit card number over the phone obviously...

soultron

Banned
So I just popped the Battlefield 4 I got from EB Cambie into my PS4 and the whole thing is in Spanish...

wtf

The only option I seem to have is to switch the dialogue to English, nothing more

anyone else get this?

Strange. Maybe you got the Spanish SKU. Is your PS4 system language set to Spanish?

OK, that's it I AIN"T SELLING THE ONE COMING TOMMOROW MORNING FROM FUTURESHOP

IMA PLAY IT AND RETURN IT WHEN MY SHOP.ca order arrives in december!
mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :

*off to sleep, might change ideas and decide to sell it, but as of now, I want to play it its my first time im buying a console on launch(was too young before to get one, like did not have a job and had to wait on parents to buy the console like 2 or 3 years later, not this time!)

Top Bottom