• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
OK, that's it I AIN"T SELLING THE ONE COMING TOMMOROW MORNING FROM FUTURESHOP

IMA PLAY IT AND RETURN IT WHEN MY SHOP.ca order arrives in december!
mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :

*off to sleep, might change ideas and decide to sell it, but as of now, I want to play it its my first time im buying a console on launch(was too young before to get one, like did not have a job and had to wait on parents to buy the console like 2 or 3 years later, not this time!)
Whoa, slow down there. The serial number is on the box on the PS4. You won't be able to return the Shop.ca PS4 at FS.

So all I get when I go to the website is a white screen with the following text.

"The site’s currently closed as we complete some scheduled maintenance to improve your shopping experience. It won’t be too long, so be sure to check back soon! Thanks for your patience."

I'm in Montreal.

They allow full cash refund for open box electronics?

Yeah, and best buy too.
I bought the Beats by dre beatbox a few years ago, and I found out that it was cheaper in NY, and I was going down there for vacation. So I used the beatbox for like 20 days, and returned it a few days before I went to NY.

Plus for the PS4, asked the worker, and he said I had till Jan 5th to return it
and it doesn't mention consoles on their website
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/id/hc82.aspx

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup, I was about to return mine, open box, they said full refund (back on my CC) no worries, I have 30 days! Obviously this does not apply to any games. (software)
It's actually longer than 30 days because of the holidays. For what that's worth anyway. lol

Really though, the thing you have to remember is to de-activate your PS4 before taking it back.

It's actually longer than 30 days because of the holidays. For what that's worth anyway. lol

Really though, the thing you have to remember is to de-activate your PS4 before taking it back.

I haven't even plugged mine in yet, maybe I should soon, just to be sure everything works ok.
I don't even have a HDMI supported HD TV to do this atm :|

Yeah I'm aware, I remember when I sold (one of ) my PS3(s) back in the day I had to make sure I deactivate my accounts and reset everything to factory settings, pretty easy to do actually.

Man, what a disappointment amazon has been for my PS4. Ordered in June, express shipping selected and it says the damn thing hasn't even shipped. Never been disappointed in Amazon before but who the hell in charge decided to ship out on Launch day. If I wasn't so busy this weekend with school I'd be raging.

terrible

Banned
Okay so I phoned Bestbuy to ask what the hell is up with my second PS4 and the dude looked up my purchase history and the date I preordered it and gave me 10% off it.

I was hoping to get a free game out of it, but 10% is close enough. He was nice and apologetic and whatnot so I didn't feel the need to raise hell and demand to speak to a supervisor who could do better.

I guess that's what I should do with my order. I've only ever bought the PS4 and A Link Between Worlds from BB.ca though so if they give compensation based on order history I may be doomed!

I'm in the same dilemma with my shop.ca PS4 probably comin in 2-3 weeks, not sure if I try to sell the new one on Kijiji it'll be sold, I mean if retailers get enough stock nobody will buy it full price, also not sure about EB policy returning the system I have now especially since I did some trade ins for it!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I asked in the BF thread. If you have your language set to English (United Kingdom) that causes the game to load up in Spanish

weird bug
It's funny how much that bug sends to pop up. Ragnarok on the Vita installed trophies in Japanese of you used UK English.

I hope they just give us a Canadian English option someday. Or separate system language and spell check language options like the PlayStation 3.

To some of the guys here who received theirs with CP

Did it actually update on the site that it was shown for delivery before you guys got it?

2013/11/15 15:25 MONTREAL Item processed
2013/11/14 04:33 MISSISSAUGA In transit
01:49 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
2013/11/13 23:35 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper.
23:32 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post

Its supposed to be delivered today, yet no more updates.
While my other E3 game left on the 15th, and is at the local facility and suposed to be delivered tommorow.

Man I'ma be furious if I don't get the PS4 today!
Edit:
welp shown it was processed at (2013/11/18 05:11 Terrebonne Item processed at local delivery facility) 5:11 this morning just got updated... o

Got up early this morning to see about calling FS about cancelling my Xbox One preorder and my Gift Card has already been charged.

Oh well. I'm at the mercy of the shipping gods now.

Do large boxed shipments come with the regular mail? I know the mailman who drops off my regular letters/game deliveries arrives with a truck. Not sure if large boxes are put on a separate truck.

Krammy

Out for delivery - November 18, 2013 7:15:00 AM

ikkHYlDVhSgDC.gif

My amazon.ca PS4 with express shipping is still in transit, there is no way is going to come today. LOL what a joke amazon, thank god I bought one from Best Buy last friday.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Canadian in me really wishes NHL 14 was out on Next Gen, but also I guess its good the devs get a lot of time to work on an amazing NHL 15 (I hope)

Me too :(

I'm craving a next gen NHL(tired of current gen NHL).

Yeah, considering the state of the EA Sports games that are actually on next-gen this year (FIFA, Madden), we're probably better off.

I thought FIFA 14 was considered to be really good?

perfect response :lol

If we're lucky, NHL 16 will be next-gen-worthy (while still being buggy and unbalanced online). NHL has always been the beaten stepchild of the EA Franchises.

The thing with the NHL series is that they always start the generation off strong, but become lazy after a few seasons and the games pretty much become yearly roster updates.

Krammy

Just had my PS4 left at my side door by UPS.

Same thing here. Luckily I was waiting by the door and got my baby out of the harsh Canadian winter.

I haven't set it up yet, but I'll let you know if I encounter the Blue Light of Death. The box looked pretty beat though.

EDIT: No chunks of metal in the HDMI port. It booted up just fine and updated the firmware via the internet with no issues. So far, things are going smoothly!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So a silver lining for those getting their consoles today, PSN is a bit more functional than it was on Friday and over the weekend :p

torontoml

Same thing here. Luckily I was waiting by the door and got my baby out of the harsh Canadian winter.

I haven't set it up yet, but I'll let you know if I encounter the Blue Light of Death. The box looked pretty beat though.
This one is actually for my brother for Xmas. So hopefully it works when he takes it out of the box.

Best Buy is so terrible. I call customer service to find out what the hell is going on with my PS4 and they are no help at all. Just reiterating what I already knew (that it hasn't shipped) with no reason as to why or acting like it's meant to be that way. I kept telling them that it should have shipped on release day and the asshole tells me they ship things within 3 days of release which is bullshit. I pre-ordered 6 months ago. This is a joke.

FrsDvl

Wish my PS4 was out for delivery.. But it won't be till later, never get mail till atleast 3pm. This is going to be a long day.

Best Buy is so terrible. I call customer service to find out what the hell is going on with my PS4 and they are no help at all. Just reiterating what I already knew (that it hasn't shipped) with no reason as to why or acting like it's meant to be that way. I kept telling them that it should have shipped on release day and the asshole tells me they ship things within 3 days of release which is bullshit. I pre-ordered 6 months ago. This is a joke.

I like how some people call and get 40-50$ off their PS4 and some others only get a generic response like you got. Do they have a rule about compensating 1 out of 10 customers calling about the PS4? Does it depend of how much the agent knows about if he can or not compensate a customer?

Sorry guys, I appreciate that you're in pain, but this thread has been unreadable for the last week. Whinging over online retailer shipping has nothing to do with deals and is of no use to anyone, save as an object lesson that ordering online never offers guarantees of timely arrival.

Maybe start another thread for the shipping complaints? It's gotten way off topic here.

Wow, so literally minutes after saying that Canada Post shows up with my PS4. I check Best Buy and the order status is still "In Progress" with no tracking info. So they shipped it and didn't update. What the heck would have happened if somebody stole my package while Best Buy didn't even say it shipped? Hell the CS rep I spoke to half an hour ago didn't even know it was shipped. My credit card isn't even charged yet. What is going on here?

My credit card charge still hasn't shown up on my statement lol.......I guess they didn't actually charge it until later last week even though the order page said they charged it Monday

Top Bottom