• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitaroo

Anyone cancel any ebgames.ca order with in store pick up before? I got an email saying that I need to go to the store to cancel.

trebbble

Nah man, more like this:

giphy.gif

The darkest timeline...

Ventara

lol, Best Buy. Save us Amazon!

Oh, and my PS4 copy of Odin Sphere didn't come with the artbook. Was that exclusive to EB or something?

Kyolux

Chatting with amazon rep for gift card issues..

Will try to ask if he knows/can share the E3 pre-order plans.

Edit: Here's the answer I got:

There are many deals every day , so being a front line agent we will not be having any information on the upcoming lightning deals .

Basically.. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

diaspora

tbh, that's pretty fair. Having been at both corporate and on the front line of retail, most customer facing folk don't get much info until the day prior or morning of the promo.

kevin1025

Banned
Maybe buying digital on PSN for no tax will be the only deal we'll be able to get... :(

I'm sure Amazon will have SOMETHING.

UberTag

I'm not going to panic over Amazon offers (or lack thereof) until next week.
I fully expected Best Buy to come up lame... I used to be a regular with them and Future Shop and I can't remember the last time I've given them my money for anything.
Probably a tablet I bought like two years or so ago.

Kyolux

tbh, that's pretty fair. Having been at both corporate and on the front line of retail, most customer facing folk don't get much info until the day prior or morning of the promo.

I'm not going to panic over Amazon offers (or lack thereof) until next week.

I'm sure Amazon will have SOMETHING.

Yeah, wasn't actually expecting anything concrete. But someone a few weeks ago had a confirmation from one of the reps that Amazon was actually doing something something for E3, so was fishing for details with no expectations since I was already in the chat.

I fully expected Best Buy to come up lame... I used to be a regular with them and Future Shop and I can't remember the last time I've given them my money for anything.
Probably a tablet I bought like two years or so ago.

Same here, I used to buy my games there in store up to E3 2013 where I switched to pre-orders only and ordering the rest on amazon. Now I only go for trading games when they do stuff like a few weeks ago where I got $100 for 3 games. I hate when I get gift cards for there since I rarely need anything anymore from them though.

Maybe buying digital on PSN for no tax will be the only deal we'll be able to get... :(

Possibly, I think I'd be ok with this. I just would buy less games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Barring a hundred Wii U and 3DS announcements, this year was likely to be a light one for me anyways. Even the games I will be picking up on 3DS, Monster Hunter, Pokemon.. I'll be buying digitally because I want them on the system at all times.

Still, the trend of these sales is dire and by next year who knows what'll be like.

baconcow

lol, Best Buy. Save us Amazon!

Oh, and my PS4 copy of Odin Sphere didn't come with the artbook. Was that exclusive to EB or something?

Received my PS Vita copy today (from Amazon.ca), with the artbook. Came in a padded yellow envelope. I would assume they would offer it with the PS4 version. Placed my order on March 26.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Received my PS Vita copy today, with the artbook. Came in a padded yellow envelope. I would assume they would offer it with the PS4 version. Placed my order on March 26.

From where?

I got the storybook edition from Amazon and no preorder artbook.

baconcow

From where?

I got the storybook edition from Amazon and no preorder artbook.

Sorry. Meant to include Amazon.ca to my response. I only bought the regular edition ("Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - PlayStation Vita - Standard Edition").

Does the Storybook edition come with a pre-order artbook since it already comes with a hardcover artbook?

Clov

Thinking of starting one of those Amazon Student trials in time for the deals. Do I have to be enrolled in the spring/summer semester if I want to start it now, or is still being enrolled in a university program enough?

Firestorm

Thinking of starting one of those Amazon Student trials in time for the deals. Do I have to be enrolled in the spring/summer semester if I want to start it now, or is still being enrolled in a university program enough?
I graduated in 2012 and I was able to get the trial last Christmas so uh yeah. You just need a working university email.

Pull through, Amazon!

I was wondering the same thing. I start college in September, and am not sure what's needed to validate my status as an enrolled student. If it's just a school e-mail address, then I'm good to go.

NYR

There is no fucking way a store does a live stream and a special site, telling you to bookmark it and then not give you a deal

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Fularu

Banned
There is no fucking way a store does a live stream and a special site, telling you to bookmark it and then not give you a deal

HYPE HYPE HYPE

There will be a deal, it could be 20% off, it could be 30% off, it could be Amazon giftcards once they ship, it could be anything

NYR

There will be a deal, it could be 20% off, it could be 30% off, it could be Amazon giftcards once they ship, it could be anything
Better than posting points to an account 30 days after a game ships and then expire 6 months later.

Gitaroo

After last year, I don't understand how bestbuy can make the deal even worse. I remember one year when futureshop, they also only offers 20 dollar worth of point and I ordered all my stuffs from FS instead.

Fularu

Banned
After last year, I don't understand how bestbuy can make the deal even worse. I remember one year when futureshop, they also only offers 20 dollar worth of point and I ordered all my stuffs from FS instead.

Because some people won'T shop on Amazon for whatever reasons.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sorry. Meant to include Amazon.ca to my response. I only bought the regular edition ("Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - PlayStation Vita - Standard Edition").

Does the Storybook edition come with a pre-order artbook since it already comes with a hardcover artbook?

Weird. I didn't get the preorder artbook from Amazon but then again I had a 30% off preorder for the PS4 storybook edition. Oh well.

Atlus site says the promotion only applies to standard edition.

NYR

Because some people won'T shop on Amazon for whatever reasons.

Yep, this is very true, a lot of people also have had bad experiences with Amazon Canada, thinking they don't have a lot of stuff. That has definitely changed over the last few years.

NYR

that feel when 30% off $80+tax is $60 ; _ ;

Look on the bright side bud, oil crossed $50 and is skyrocketing passed that point of resistance now, leading the CAN $ to jump too. We'll be in the 80 cent world shortly, there are more people longing the CAN $ then shorting it, people are optimistic.

kevin1025

Banned
I graduated in 2012 and I was able to get the trial last Christmas so uh yeah. You just need a working university email.

I used my university e-mail from 2006-2008 and it worked, haha. Plus that half-price renewal is badass!

that feel when 30% off $80+tax is $60 ; _ ;

But we may get some fun price errors during E3. My Deus Ex (and hopefully others got this, too) is sitting at $62.99 before the 30% discount.

Speaking of, when did this happen?! It was $74.99-$79.99 for the longest time and then I saw this just now in my orders:

C9LhYys.png

Skikkiks

I But we may get some fun price errors during E3. My Deus Ex (and hopefully others got this, too) is sitting at $62.99 before the 30% discount.

That's because Best Buy did a 10% off pre orders on the later days of E3 after their deal ended, and to counter Amazon lowered the base prices of games by 10%.

So 80 dollar games like The Last Guardian became 71.99 and stuff like Ratchet became 35.99 versus 39.99.

Those were The Good Times.

Madness

Speaking of, when did this happen?! It was $74.99-$79.99 for the longest time and then I saw this just now in my orders:

C9LhYys.png

Happened last year around the time it went on pre-order. Best part of Amazon preorders. If price ever drops from preorder to ship you get that price even if it is a mistake etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom