• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best part of Amazon preorders. If price ever drops from preorder to ship you get that price even if it is a mistake etc.

I am so glad I preordered Mirror's Edge Catalyst last E3, made me keep 18cents \o/. Seriously though, I have had huge drops when I was still in France and since then I preorder everything on Amazon and if I think I don't want the game, cancel one month before release.

Can you not cancel Persona 5 on EBGames? Just checked in case I wanna swap to Amazon and didn't see a quick option.

I think you have to go in store to cancel, but I'm not sure.

krae_man

If gamers club get 2x the 30x that's a great deal!

$30 in rewards zone points is basically buy 3 get one free since $90 is one game with tax so 25%.

Basically $20 off per game.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have my ebgames preorder and want to keep it (Have gift cards and in store pickup is nice)

But I literally never preorder from them. Are they good for it? They won't accidentally not have a copy for me on release day right? They do games for a living so they get this aspect right yes?

I just want to make sure I actually have my p5 special edition

Sealtest

Did anyone order from Blizzard's site before?

What shipping method do they use, and do they charge duties?

Fedex and yes, You will get a letter in the mail a few weeks later telling you to pay up.

Atleast I did when I ordered my WoD shirt 2 blizzcons ago

itschris

I think I'll go with the standard version. I know the steelbook art isn't final, but even if it ends up looking nicer than the current one, I'm not a big fan of steelbooks in general. Plus, I really like the regular box art.

Tagg9

I think I'll go with the standard version. I know the steelbook art isn't final, but even if it ends up looking nicer than the current one, I'm not a big fan of steelbooks in general. Plus, I really like the regular box art.

Yeah I don't l really like the steelbook design.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't mind having a steelbook just as a keepsake, but the regular case looks way better. pretty alright with the fact that the (glorious $35) PS3 version isn't getting the steelbook.

I have my ebgames preorder and want to keep it (Have gift cards and in store pickup is nice)

But I literally never preorder from them. Are they good for it? They won't accidentally not have a copy for me on release day right? They do games for a living so they get this aspect right yes?

I just want to make sure I actually have my p5 special edition

I don't think you should worry. I've pre-ordered the P5 SE from there, as well, and I have no concern at all. Of all the times I've pre-ordered from EB, not once has there been a case of them not having what I ordered.

univbee

There is no fucking way a store does a live stream and a special site, telling you to bookmark it and then not give you a deal

HYPE HYPE HYPE

I dunno, I feel like if they had a plan they'd have been more up-front about it. It reads more like they're going to give you deals on currently-available stuff and are just taking advantage of E3 to do a deal with that. I mean, some "announced at E3" stuff is already up for pre-order (e.g. Watch_Dogs 2) with no deal. I really, really hope I'm not right about this.

Ryde3

Thinking of starting one of those Amazon Student trials in time for the deals. Do I have to be enrolled in the spring/summer semester if I want to start it now, or is still being enrolled in a university program enough?

All you need is a university/college e-mail address.

Did they have an E3 hype page?

Yep

360x360_pad.jpg

Oh wow. I think last year's E3 deal put me close to that, but that's cool.

Could this perhaps be a bit of a leak for a Wal-mart E3 promo?

I see other Ubi games are priced the same way. I think it's an error and it was included in some sort of Ubi sale.

No_Style

Amazon does't charge you until the game is shipped right? i'll pre-order it just in case I want it later

People keep asking this. Is this common practice at retailers outside of BestBuy and Amazon.ca? I know EB Games allows you to put in a low amount or pay the entire thing in-store.

killroy87

People keep asking this. Is this common practice at retailers outside of BestBuy and Amazon.ca? I know EB Games allows you to put in a low amount or pay the entire thing in-store.

I've honestly never in my life seen an online retailer charge you before they shipped the product (outside of like eBay). Not saying one doesn't exist, I've just never seen it.

Nevertheless it's a question that's probably better suited for a site's FAQ than a videogame message board.

khaaan

World of Final Fantasy for PS4 dropped to $59.99 on Amazon, that's $20 less than it was previously! Jump on it if you're interested (since with the 30% it would have come to $63 anyway), or congrats if you have it pre-ordered!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZQEPFUK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the Vita version pre-ordered but the visuals make PS4 tempting.
That being said, the recent videos showing a regular battle taking almost 10 minutes has me a little worried.

I've honestly never in my life seen an online retailer charge you before they shipped the product (outside of like eBay). Not saying one doesn't exist, I've just never seen it.

Nevertheless it's a question that's probably better suited for a site's FAQ than a videogame message board.

Wal-Mart charge and refund your order EVERY FUCKING DAY until it ships.

It would be a pain if you pre-order a crapton of games...

Quick

Banned
I have a couple of EB Games coupons from my account after my membership went Platinum. The site removes them from my account after 14 days, but does that also mean the coupons are expired? I printed them out before it was deleted.

I have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for used games, and an extra $10 trade-in credit coupon.

killroy87

I have a couple of EB Games coupons from my account after my membership went Platinum. The site removes them from my account after 14 days, but does that also mean the coupons are expired? I printed them out before it was deleted.

I have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for used games, and an extra $10 trade-in credit coupon.

No clue. Probably best to call them and ask.

Lexxism

I remember there's an expiration written on it. Try checking it.

Ventara

Just got Odin Sphere Vita from Amazon, and it came with the artbook, unlike my PS4 copy from Best Buy. Gonna return that one. It came in an envelope within a box, so it was it pristine condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom