• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 5 just became available for preorder on Amazon.. Definitely wanting to wait until after E3 though just in the off chance that there's another deal of some sort.

This might be a shitpost, so I apologize in advance, but does Amazon usually have a similar deal to the E3 one they had last year? Last year was my first time taking advantage of that deal!

kevin1025

Banned
Wal-Mart charge and refund your order EVERY FUCKING DAY until it ships.

It would be a pain if you pre-order a crapton of games...

Yeah, when I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider on Black Friday and bought pens to make the order free shipping, they charged me and refunded me for the pens FIVE times. It made me wonder what the hell was going on.

I have a couple of EB Games coupons from my account after my membership went Platinum. The site removes them from my account after 14 days, but does that also mean the coupons are expired? I printed them out before it was deleted.

I have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for used games, and an extra $10 trade-in credit coupon.

The trade 10$ credit is good for 2 weeks until it expires after you get to platinum status, the buy 2 get 1 free is a month, IIRC.

Lexxism

This E3 reward zone deal by BB reminds me of 2013. Futureshop saved us with their own 33% off. That really set us from getting good deals during E3.

Luigi87

bluh, I don't collect Funko POP! generally, but I want the Overwatch ones.

They're priced $12 CAD at EB, except for the Soldier 76 EB Exclusive which is priced $15 CAD (in the US, Soldier 76 is a GameStop exclusive, but the same price as all the other ones).

They're priced $12 CAD at EB, except for the Soldier 76 EB Exclusive which is priced $15 CAD (in the US, Soldier 76 is a GameStop exclusive, but the same price as all the other ones).

Yeah I was hoping to get the Pharrah one from Blizzard but hearing about the possibility of customs import fees from their store is a bummer.

Luigi87

Yeah I was hoping to get the Pharrah one from Blizzard but hearing about the possibility of customs import fees from their store is a bummer.

I'm taking one for the team. I ordered her, and that was already about $26 CAD, so... here is hoping I don't get hit with anything more.

Oh man I kind of want one now.

What's the chance that there will be a PlayStation Plus deal soon? I can't remember the last time Sony did those 3 extra month deals. Maybe back in 2011 or 2012.

Kyolux

What's the chance that there will be a PlayStation Plus deal soon? I can't remember the last time Sony did those 3 extra month deals. Maybe back in 2011 or 2012.

Yeah, I'm off Plus right now and no hurry to get it back. But it would be nice to hoard a card or two for when I'll want back in, probably in October for Rigs if that's Plus only.

I have a couple of EB Games coupons from my account after my membership went Platinum. The site removes them from my account after 14 days, but does that also mean the coupons are expired? I printed them out before it was deleted.

I have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free for used games, and an extra $10 trade-in credit coupon.

They're still valid, they have expiry dates on them right under the bar code.

Two days ago I was about to print the $10 extra trade-in credit coupon and found out it was gone from my account. All I had to do was call this Eb Edge number 1-855-432-3343 and within 2 minutes of talking they refreshed my account and allowed me to print the coupons.

Their customer service is fantastic (which is really shocking to be honest).

Quick

Banned
They're still valid, they have expiry dates on them right under the bar code.

Two days ago I was about to print the $10 extra trade-in credit coupon and found out it was gone from my account. All I had to do was call this Eb Edge number 1-855-432-3343 and within 2 minutes of talking they refreshed my account and allowed me to print the coupons.

Their customer service is fantastic (which is really shocking to be honest).

I just saw the expiry dates on them. It was just super faded because I printed it in black and white, and the print was coloured really light.

Annnnnnnd my coupons are indeed expired. lol

Luigi87

Destiny Rise of Iron is up on Canadian PSN for 29.99. Probably a mistake as I expect it to go up to 39.99, but I could be wrong. Same as US price.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...iron/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYRISEIRON1

All I see is
qD6ahoc.png

Lexxism

Yeah, I'm off Plus right now and no hurry to get it back. But it would be nice to hoard a card or two for when I'll want back in, probably in October for Rigs if that's Plus only.
0.01% chance? We never had any deal on ps+ since Boxing Day of 2014 when the dollar is still on par. Staples had the PS+ for $10 off due to an error ($20 off on $100+ purchase). It was also applicable on PSN card.

Stat!

tsilon gets me nostalgic

Damn, I forgot how unique that was. Was it a FutureShop backed marketing campaign? It was super interesting and well done but you could tell the people behind it were being pulled off and it wasn't getting as updated as regular. Loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom