• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

I'm not seeing the 30% discounts on Amazon.ca when I placed pre-orders.

Is it not active yet?

Will Amazon apply that 30% off to pre-orders I'm placing today or should I just wait for the 30%-off deal to be live first before placing any pre-orders during E3 week?

Is $40 really the cheapest you can get Diablo 3 (PS4)? That game has barely dropped in price...
It was $30 like ~1.5 years ago on Amazon.

That's when I picked it up.

I'm not seeing the 30% discounts on Amazon.ca when I placed pre-orders.

Is it not active yet?

Will Amazon apply that 30% off to pre-orders I'm placing today or should I just wait for the 30%-off deal to be live first before placing any pre-orders during E3 week?

It was $30 like ~1.5 years ago on Amazon.

That's when I picked it up.

Amazon has not announced anything this year yet...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh, that explains it.

So should I hold-off on pre-ordering anything right now and wait till next week?

Or will Amazon apply those discounts retroactively to order placed today?

How about you wait till Amazon actually makes an announcement first?

SickBoy

Oh, that explains it.

So should I hold-off on pre-ordering anything right now and wait till next week?

Or will Amazon apply those discounts retroactively to pre-orders placed today?

Assuming they offer them, those discounts are at checkout, so you won't get them if you don't order during the promo.

i-Jest

Being eligible to purchase it requires that the account you're logged in with owns TTK on PS4. It shows "not available for purchase" otherwise.

Just redeemed my TK code so the price point is showing now. Will there be another retail release of the game with expansion codes?

Just redeemed my TK code so the price point is showing now. Will there be another retail release of the game with expansion codes?

Destiny Exotic Edition

And here's a screencap of last year's E3 hub with no mention of the 30% promo.

g7SawZi.png

ohlawd

omg it'd be so fucking sick if Walmart had their own E3 deals.

their current pricing for those three games is close to 40% off

I don't want to super derail - near Quebec City. The village where my wife is from. Trying to do this all from Winnipeg was interesting..

Hah, no, I feel like I'm going to puke. Now the hard part starts.

I'm also buying a house and I can't find someone to take my 2016-2017 lease and the owner of the apartment complex don't want to do anything to help me out.

The Quebec part of house buying shouldn't be too hard, don't forget about your Taxe de Bienvenue in a couple of months!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
BF1 and FFXV are showing out of stock on PS4.

Fucking Walmart, I'm sure theres no way you can take any more preorders months before the games are out.

Kyolux

According to some, they charge you and refund you everyday though. No amount of saving is worth that annoyance imo.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS (I hope)

(except their PC selection is atrocious, which means I'm not pre-ordering Battlefield 1 and probably won't touch Gears of War 4 from Walmart)

ohlawd

According to some, they charge you and refund you everyday though. No amount of saving is worth that annoyance imo.
that's alright. I'll put everything on my second card and not use it for anything else. problem solved, don't gotta micromanage

that's alright. I'll put everything on my second card and not use it for anything else. problem solved, don't gotta micromanage

My 2nd card doesn't have the same rewards, I can't do this!

You also can't ( and literally can't, even when calling) cancel an order made on Wal-Mart.ca

Vinc

Walmart doing it means Amazon will do it. I'll stick to Amazon just because their site works better and customer service is better. But man, Walmart's deal seems pretty incredible.

Sorry, Best Buy :(

Gotta ask an Amazon rep if they'll charge me $50 for my FFXV preorder because of this Walmart business.

Then, I'll hopefully have my old 30% E3 discount apply to it :D

BadHand

My e3 copy of mirrors edge arrived, except I have no time to play it.

Was gonna return it but also willing to part with it for $50 if anyone is interested. It's new in it's wrapper and I have a DLC code too.

EDIT: in Fraser Valley, BC

Gotta ask an Amazon rep if they'll charge me $50 for my FFXV preorder because of this Walmart business.

Then, I'll hopefully have my old 30% E3 discount apply to it :D

Where is our Amazon pioneer Fularu with a screenshot of this already done for us trying to learn the way of Amazon CSR?

I mean no offense Fularu :p

FyreWulff

Same here. What a great yet short lived program it (she?) was.

I remember getting FFXIII-2 for Free as well as loads of discounts and it helped me clear a bit of my backlog with the challenges.

It was tsilon first before they just started doing their own deals, I think?

tsilon gets me nostalgic

Damn, I forgot how unique that was. Was it a FutureShop backed marketing campaign? It was super interesting and well done but you could tell the people behind it were being pulled off and it wasn't getting as updated as regular. Loved it!

:)

-Mister F (also J says hi!)

Dunno. You want some CinemaNow codes? I have like, 5,000 of them over here in a box..

They're all expired

I rented so many movies using CinemaNow codes from Tsilon, lasted me a good long while. Just booted it up for the first time in forever for the Deadpool deal a bit back.

Also got Halo 4 launch day for $20.

Good times.

Sealtest

Cake Boss

Banned
I doubt that they will let you do the 30% on top of the $49 price tag.

I am guessing that there won't be an E3 30% promotion, and just price cuts on select games.

kevin1025

Banned

I am guessing that there won't be an E3 30% promotion, and just price cuts on select games.

I was able to do it during the Black Friday or whenever that was promotion, I had an order for a bunch of 2016 games and they added on the discount promotion and also Prime shipping (since I signed up with Prime Student). You never know!

That's what I am thinking and isn't this price technically better?

Edit: Just realized some of these I already have ordered and will get the new price plus 30% off. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom