• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned

Thanks for this. Pre-ordered BF1, not sure on Wildlands yet to be honest. Might as well add it to the list for now.

No love for PC, but hell, I threw Gears of War 4 in anyways since PC port isn't confirmed yet.

We're still a few days away from Sunday night/Monday morning and this is clearly in response to Walmart's deal, so I'm not ready to throw in the towel for 30% off yet. But I do think the Walmart deal (and Amazon's price-match) will likely be over before the 30% promo starts.

Also: now I'm kicking myself for not ordering FFXV on Amazon despite already having a $39.99 Best Buy pre-order. $34.99 would be even sweeter!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why it's those 4 games in particular. I hope more will be added!

Is bf1 like 6 bucks cheaper than gears 4 and ghost recon for anyone else? I preordered BF1 for 50 bucks but gears and ghost recon come to around 56 bucks.

kevin1025

Banned
So if you have preorders of Gears 4, Final Fantasy XV, or Ghost Recon from the 30% discounts, they're now $39.52, tax included.

Hi Guys!

I am new here, but have lurked this thread for a few years. I am finally excited to be able to chat to all of you!

This FFXV deal is great, I wish there was a bit more selection though

EDIT - What is this additional 30% coming from?

Canon

Banned
So I have gears 4 and final fantasy 15 pre-ordered but the price doesn't show $49.99. Do I need to contact Amazon or will it automatically happen later? If it doesn't happen later, I'll need some proof that it dropped...

So I've noticed something strange. I pre ordered bf1 by itself and this is what I got.

9A7Ti08.jpg

Now When I preordered Gears 4 this is the price I got.

1EYLxCJ.jpg

So the reason bf1 is cheaper is because of the "Promotion Applied" bit.

Anyone know how I can replicate this for the rest of the games?

Lexxism

So I have gears 4 and final fantasy 15 pre-ordered but the price doesn't show $49.99. Do I need to contact Amazon or will it automatically happen later? If it doesn't happen later, I'll need some proof that it dropped...
No. You don't need to contact. It will automatically drop its price

Fularu

Banned
You probably had a 5$ promo code applied to the BF1 order

Edit: when you talk to CSRs they Will sometimes issue promotion certificates to compensate for something. They are automatically used on your next order

diaspora

Wait, shit is the 30% off happening? Is there a link to a specific page? I've been in interviews all day- can someone catch me up?

farisr

Damn, I just realized, Gears 4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands are part of my E3 order from last year that got the double 30% offs.

Getting both of them for $22.60 each (after taxes) thanks to the price drop.

I was kinda iffy on those games and was probably gonna be looking at them closely to decide whether to cancel the preorders or not, but physical copies at that price near launch, no way am I passing that up. Worst comes to worst, I'll play them and not like em, and sell them in used condition and still make a $20-30 profit a piece.

And FFXV from amazon is part of a regular 30% off order and despite the late preorder after the dollar took a dive is now officially going to be cheaper than my 39.99 futureshop preorder. Never thought that would happen. I love Amazon.

BTW guys something I've noticed is my preorder of Ghost Recon from last year got cheaper. My order price matched and also got last years 30% off sale added to it. The game now costs me just $39.51.

Sealtest

that FF deal is even better then my Futureshop preorder. How can that possibly be in 2016?!

Edit - It's better if you preordered it last year from amazon with the 30% off and today's price drop.

Lexxism

Are... people just adding to their cart hoping to get 30% off if it hits? Has it been confirmed that it's happening at all?
No.

No.

Walmart has BF1 and FF15 on sale for 49.99. Amazon matched it. So if you pre-order these two games last year 30% off. You are getting 49.99 + 30% off. That's $39 with GST

bryt

Are... people just adding to their cart hoping to get 30% off if it hits? Has it been confirmed that it's happening at all?

Nothing confirmed yet. People might just be adding these games with price drops to guarantee themselves of the price and hoping to get an Amazon rep to adjust it whenever/if the 30% off happens.

FFXV already updated on my E3 preorder from last year.

Mine updated too. Wow, can't believe I'm getting FFXV for $39 after tax.

No_Style

that FF deal is even better then my Futureshop preorder. How can that possibly be in 2016?!

Edit - It's better if you preordered it last year from amazon with the 30% off and today's price drop.

Haha. I know I'm a broken record by now but you fuckers better not be complaining about their iffy shipping after these massive discounts.

I was contemplating getting the deluxe edition of FFXV over my E3 order. Screw that.

Wish I had kept my Ghost Recon order from last year.

No.

No.

Walmart has BF1 and FF15 on sale for 49.99. Amazon matched it. So if you pre-order these two games last year 30% off. You are getting 49.99 + 30% off. That's $39 with GST
Could you even preorder battlefield last year? I thought it was only announced recently

so active in here. loving it!

my old pre-order of ff15 from last e3 with the 30% off just got price adjusted to the new price. awesome!!!!

Kyolux

FFXV already updated on my E3 preorder from last year.

Yeah me too. I had 2 copies of it just in case the FS one was failing, but removed one earlier this year because FS one was still happening.

The one still on Amazon is for my friend.. so he'll be paying less than me. :/

So if we order these games now, Amazon will apply this years e3 sales on the orders once the promo starts? Does anyone have experience with this from previous years?

ovii

This is awesome. Ghost recon is now $50 - 30% off. Did anyone's Gears of War price change yet? Mine is still sitting at $67.

Yawnier

Banned
Gonna have to pre-order FFXV and maybe Battlefield 1.

Anybody know when you get charged for the order? Does it happen when the game ships or what?

So if we order these games now, Amazon will apply this years e3 sales on the orders once the promo starts? Does anyone have experience with this from previous years?

No. You need to order during the E3 sale in order for that to happen. If these are still discounted you will need to reorder them or you can try your luck with support.

Sealtest

Haha. I know I'm a broken record by now but you fuckers better not be complaining about their iffy shipping after these massive discounts.

Only time I complain is when I pay the premium for release date delivery and it doesn't arrive on time. I never expect anything on release without paying for it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom