• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

aww man, should have waited.. XD Though I paid less than that thanks to gift card. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd try and return it/get price matched.

Does Best Buy price match amazon? I know we discussed this before, but I forget the answer.
Yes. If it was within the last 30 days, just bring your receipt in. It's very quick.

Thanks... missed that post.

Will go check my local EB to see if I can get lucky. Nephew would love Reaper and I wouldn't mind Soldier on my office desk.

Phara (Blizzard US exclusive) costs $26 CAD. The rest should be $12-13 or so (Winston is a bigger one so he's probably about $15, Soldier is EB-exclusive so he might be $14 because EB).

Can confirm this. I think I used them once. Now they sit at the bottom of a pile of headphones I have. Be warned. Stay away from the headphones thread.

One of the worst things that ever happened to me financially was discovering the world of cheap yet fantastic Chinese IEM's and other such budget options. Good lord my drawer is a shitstorm of IEM's now.

Fallout 4 regular and deluxe xbox one pricing error ($0.00)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230875

now i just have to buy a xbox one now, or wait for them to cancel the purchase

Redeemed, but I'm 90% sure they're gonna revoke the licenses from the accounts. It's too great a fuck up... Unless they somehow let it slide.

Yasumi

Banned
Redeemed, but I'm 90% sure they're gonna revoke the licenses from the accounts. It's too great a fuck up... Unless they somehow let it slide.
The season pass popped up on PSN for free at some point, that was revoked pretty fast. Microsoft definitely won't let the deluxe edition of the game slide. Wonder what it is with Fallout 4 and these pricing errors.

FyreWulff

I rented so many movies using CinemaNow codes from Tsilon, lasted me a good long while. Just booted it up for the first time in forever for the Deadpool deal a bit back.

Also got Halo 4 launch day for $20.

Good times.

I was surprised how long some of you held onto the E3 discounts. From what I heard some of those weren't redeemed until well after we were dead.

Also, when we had to invalidate everyone's GTAV code because it accidentally sent repeat codes to everyone.. that was my fault <_<

itschris

Wow, that was unexpected. Thank you Amazon for your pre-order price guarantee - now I''ll only pay $39.55 after taxes for my E3 order of FFXV!

Firestorm

cool. I found my receipt.. bought them on the 13th. Close-call. :D

So what do I say, I want a price-match refund?
Amazon has it for $80 (show it to them on your phone or something or they'll just check on their computer) and you'd like price protection. They should also give you 10% of the difference. They'll need your receipt.

Darkangel

Someone told me that you can get games from Amazon on launch day (or like the day after) if you have Amazon prime. I currently have the student prime trial thing, my question is do you only need prime when you place the pre-order, or will I also need to have prime when the game actually comes out and ships?

Someone told me that you can get games from Amazon on launch day (or like the day after) if you have Amazon prime. I currently have the student prime trial thing, my question is do you only need prime when you place the pre-order, or will I also need to have prime when the game actually comes out and ships?
you only need it when the order is placed. I used my 30 day trial on my order last year, and then took the plunge for full prime in January.

ElNino

Not sure if it makes much of a difference with Prime, but I get most of my games on launch day (or they at least ship on launch day) from Amazon without Prime.

23qwerty

You still usually get it on launch day or even before without Prime... at least in my experience. Got Ratchet & Clank the day before, and Uncharted 4 the day of. Not exactly super close to a distribution center either.

Deus Ex is tempting at $42...anyone have experience with pre-orders from cdkeys?

Yep they're legit, never had an issue with 3 or 4 times pre-ordering. Always got the code on launch day at the very latest, usually a few days or so before.

Apples_89

The Playstation gold headset has gone for cheaper in the past, but if you don't already have one, this is a great time to pick one up in anticipation for PSVR. I have a set of Astro A50s, but unfortunately they aren't compatible so I just bought one of these as a suitable option to accommodate PSVR in October.

-Deimos

You still usually get it on launch day or even before without Prime... at least in my experience. Got Ratchet & Clank the day before, and Uncharted 4 the day of. Not exactly super close to a distribution center either.

Yep they're legit, never had an issue with 3 or 4 times pre-ordering. Always got the code on launch day at the very latest, usually a few days or so before.

That's good to know, thanks.

This seems extremely hit and miss depending on who you are/where you live. My average pre-order delivery delay is four days after release, and a significant number of games don't arrive until a week later at least. Since I started keeping track, only 41% of the games I've pre-ordered via Amazon have arrived within three days of release. I live in downtown Toronto, so it's not like I live in a poorly serviced area either.

Definitely use your Prime trial for E3 pre-orders if you have one available and the Amazon deal is good.

Kyolux

cool. I found my receipt.. bought them on the 13th. Close-call. :D

So what do I say, I want a price-match refund?

Well, that was worth the trip to Best Buy.

Came down to 75.99.. so got a refund of $50.59 on a gift card since I had paid mostly with a gift card from a games trade-in special.

kingwingin

Wow! battlefield and gears being 49 bones is a great surprise! Im a digital only kinda guy but ill suck it up for such a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom