• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

I'm pretty much stacked up already thanks to the 3 year limit MS has on Gold memberships.

And also, I have a feeling that MS may outright go "from now on, XBL Gold will not be required for online multiplayer" at E3 because of their big win10/pc push (which has free multiplayer). So XBL Gold will basically resemble PS+ in the PS3 days.

So I would honestly advise caution to everyone regarding Gold membership. If you're fine with getting XBL Gold for all the other perks aside from multiplayer, go for it. If online multiplayer is the only reason or a big reason as to why you get Gold, I would think twice about renewing right now.

This seems extremely hit and miss depending on who you are/where you live. My average pre-order delivery delay is four days after release, and a significant number of games don't arrive until a week later at least. Since I started keeping track, only 41% of the games I've pre-ordered via Amazon have arrived within three days of release. I live in downtown Toronto, so it's not like I live in a poorly serviced area either.

Definitely use your Prime trial for E3 pre-orders if you have one available and the Amazon deal is good.

Yeah I definitely think it depends on where you live. I live near Pearson and I get all my games day 1 no matter the type of shipping I use.

diaspora

Anyone looking to get Battlefield 1, so far I think the cheapest prices are:
PS4/XB1: $56 after HST on Amazon, Walmart(?)
PC: $55.19 no tax/HST at CDKeys

Balls

Banned
Just pre-ordered FFXV standard edition on Amazon. Was thinking about getting the deluxe but that's 120$ here so screw that. Based Amazon.

daftstar

Just pre-ordered FFXV standard edition on Amazon. Was thinking about getting the deluxe but that's 120$ here so screw that. Based Amazon.

Oh shit. Just saw that it's 49$ right now. Does BestBuy honor the lowest price too? I have FFXV pre-ordered from there for 64$ after the 25% off promo they were having back in March.

Tempted to cancel that and go with Amazon now. Also can I count on Amazon for day 1 delivery without Prime membership?

Just pre-ordered FXV. Not fully confident in Battlefield One yet to bite, and I'll save my money for other games they'll probably announce at E3. Feels good to have pre shit dollar-esque deals

I think I'll wait. I've been bored of the last two Battlefield games within moments, and haven't had time for a Final Fantasy game in quite some time. I may just borrow them from the library.

Does anyone know why gears dropped to 49 on Amazon, is there a sale.

Yeah, it was a few pages back. Walmart put the game, along with Final Fantasy XV, Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, on sale for $49.99. Amazon matched their price.

Oh cool, I'm down with $50 FFXV + 30% off. Unless PC version releases at the same time as PS4..

Unless they have a surprise announcement at E3, this is not happening. Everything we've heard from the XV team says there is no PC version currently.

No_Style

Oh shit. Just saw that it's 49$ right now. Does BestBuy honor the lowest price too? I have FFXV pre-ordered from there for 64$ after the 25% off promo they were having back in March.

BestBuy will honor the lowest price if it's an official price drop which this is not.

Tempted to cancel that and go with Amazon now. Also can I count on Amazon for day 1 delivery without Prime membership?

No. If the product does not mention the following:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select Two-Day Shipping shipping at checkout.

Then you will not get it on release day.

daftstar

BestBuy will honor the lowest price if it's an official price drop which this is not.

No. If the product does not mention the following:

Then you will not get it on release day.

Alright thanks. Definitely going with Amazon now as soon as I figure out how to cancel the BestBuy pre-order what the hell.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, it was a few pages back. Walmart put the game, along with Final Fantasy XV, Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, on sale for $49.99. Amazon matched their price.

The funny thing about Gears 4 is its price has been fluctuating all over the place the past few weeks. It kept jumping between $67.49 and $79.99 until this one because of Wal-Mart.

No_Style

Alright thanks. Definitely going with Amazon now as soon as I figure out how to cancel the BestBuy pre-order what the hell.

If you order had other items shipped then you won't be able to cancel the order on your own. You will need to contact their customer support.

daftstar

If you order had other items shipped then you won't be able to cancel the order on your own. You will need to contact their customer support.

Ohhh yea that's what the problem is. I had Uncharted 4 in that order too. Will get on that pronto.

Appreciate it m8.

click on it.
I see the same on the search page, but on the actual product pages I get $49.96.
tumblr_inline_o0r9afOMRq1rodxz6_500.gif

Thanks a lot, guys! I was going insane trying to figure out how to get those prices.

Just for clarification since I just got into this, would this stack with 30% E3 deals we might be getting, or would they be there own promotion?

Luigi87

Little did we realize that this was actually retailers clearance out their future stock, for video games were never to be sold in Canada again after this last wave...

I hate Kijiji sometimes. I've been dealing with some idiot for the last two nights and all he's done is waste my time.

I'm selling a game I didn't like much. The ad has been up for quite some time and I've dropped the price twice. It's a Nintendo game, and those don't drop in price often, so it's a good deal especially at the price I'm selling it at now.

He messages me and asks if it's available, I say yes. Then he asks me if I've played the multiplayer and if so, have I locked him out of it? He doesn't know how they work. I say no, there's no multiplayer and you're fine either way.

"Okay. I'll come get it tonight."

Then something came up last night, so he said he'd come tonight. Wouldn't let me drop it off last night.

He sent me a message this afternoon, which I saw this evening. He then told me he was shopping close-by and would come get it within 20 minutes.

Since it's better NOT to meet at home, I told him to meet me at the church down the road from me. However, that made him go haywire and say no, that he's not interested anymore. "Last time I met at a neutral location the game didn't work. If you're not willing to let people come to your house, don't sell on Kijiji."

I told him how it's recommended not to, and that if he really needs to come here so be it.

"I'm home now. Maybe next week. It's not on me. I tried to buy it from you, but you didn't agree to the terms."

(Wot?)

I told him I'm going to be away starting this weekend and will drop it off tonight if he'd like.

"Now I really don't want it. If you're going to be away there's nothing I can do if it doesn't work."

All I could think of to say in response was, "Could you not test it tonight? The discs are in perfect condition..."

Idiot.

Luigi87

Phara (Blizzard US exclusive) costs $26 CAD. The rest should be $12-13 or so (Winston is a bigger one so he's probably about $15, Soldier is EB-exclusive so he might be $14 because EB).

Winston shows 22.99 on my receipt. 6" are usually 19.99

yeah Winston is $19.99 before taxes
Everyone else is $11.99, except Soldier 76 who is $14.99 (except in the US, where he's the same price as the rest of them...)

Of course I can't find a Reaper anywhere right now, and Tracer pre-orders are sold out. Hopefully I can find her on the Saturday they release.

What I don't get is why EB (and Staples?) suddenly seem to be the only retailers in Canada.

Before Best Buy had the pre-orders up online, now the pages have completely disappeared.

Sora_N

yeah Winston is $19.99 before taxes
Everyone else is $11.99, except Soldier 76 who is $14.99 (except in the US, where he's the same price as the rest of them...)

Of course I can't find a Reaper anywhere right now, and Tracer pre-orders are sold out. Hopefully I can find her on the Saturday they release.

What I don't get is why EB (and Staples?) suddenly seem to be the only retailers in Canada.

Before Best Buy had the pre-orders up online, now the pages have completely disappeared.

Staples has it???

I preordered on Sunday no problems at EB

My Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition just got upgraded to release day shipping. Continue this win streak Amazon with 30% off E3 deals pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom