• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really thought my FFXV from 2013 was the bee's knees but $40 CAD taxes-in (15% here) is real impressive for a game in 2016. At least I got in for Gears!

kevin1025

Banned
Yep, I already pre-ordered pokemon sun/moon and watch dogs 2 on amazon hoping for a price-match and auto-adjust.

That's a good haul! Even without the potential 30% off in a couple of days, we're saving a potential $6.80 on Watch Dogs! If we can haggle that discount into things, too... we're golden.

Watch Dogs 2 is currently 49.96$ on walmart.ca so Amazon should follow soon!

I'm watching like a hawk, haha.

So conflicted....Should I drop the extra 25 bucks and wait a little longer for the Zero Time Dilemma watch from US Amazon, or cancel it and stick with the game only?

Just order Watch Dogs 2 on Amazon now. If you miss the price when it goes up on Amazon it will still adjust due to the guarantee.

daftstar

With bestbuy it might be easier to let them mail you the damn game and return it later.

Damn that's a good idea. BestBuy is guaranteed day 1 and I can return the one from Amazon that'll come in a few days later back to BB.

Has anyone does this before?

Edit: Also has anyone used the pick-up locations for Amazon instead of delivering to your own address? Wondering if I'm able to pick it up on release day myself instead of waiting a few days for delivery.

SickBoy

Not really sure about Ghost Recon Wildlands, but I figured at that price it was worth a preorder. Especially since it doesn't need to be part of a group of two or three (and is therefore easily cancellable).

Trying not to fuss over my Gears preorder. Price hasn't updated yet... ordered it at 30% off on Black Friday.... though the fine print on the page for that deal is a little concerning: https://www.amazon.ca/video-games-h...lm_s-3_3522_fb90de82?ie=UTF8&node=14732257011

"▪ Items in this promotion cannot qualify for other promotions."

Not sure if that's standard fine print. I'll take some solace in the knowledge that it seems other people are seeing adjustments already (and that in the past others haven't seen them for a couple of days)

I guess we've officially hit the thread's 2016 volume bump.

Can Walmart pre-orders be canceled and do they charge your card when the game ships? I wanna pre-order Watch Dogs 2 in case Amazon doesn't match the price.

kevin1025

Banned
Not really sure about Ghost Recon Wildlands, but I figured at that price it was worth a preorder. Especially since it doesn't need to be part of a group of two or three (and is therefore easily cancellable).

Trying not to fuss over my Gears preorder. Price hasn't updated yet... ordered it at 30% off on Black Friday.... though the fine print on the page for that deal is a little concerning: https://www.amazon.ca/video-games-h...lm_s-3_3522_fb90de82?ie=UTF8&node=14732257011

Not sure if that's standard fine print. I'll take some solace in the knowledge that it seems other people are seeing adjustments already.

Since it's the normal price that's dropping, it isn't a promotion. Your order price will change, just takes a little bit to update! It usually takes a day, two at most.

My Gears 4 updated to $49.96 already and I ordered it during Black Friday, as well, so you're good!

jred2k

Not sure if that's standard fine print. I'll take some solace in the knowledge that it seems other people are seeing adjustments already.

I just chatted with CS to have my old order modified. Both Gears 4 and Wildlands have been lowered on my E3 2015 order. It isn't really a promotion that the prices have gone down. There's no reason it shouldn't qualify for their pre-order price protection policy.

Thanks to last years e3 plus todays price drop Wildlands is 39 dollars for me. BF1 I got it for 50 bucks after shipping and taxes (don't know how I got it lower than 56 bucks like everyone else).

Basically 2 triple a games for 90 bucks total...in this day and age that is huge.

Also have gears, final fantasy and another random game as a preorder. Hoping CS will be generous during 3 and apply the 30% sale on them.

Why won't they??? Any reason???

Haven't they always?

i guess i just didn't notice before...since i've always bought only during the E3 discount period I just didn't notice tax.

Watch Dogs 2 is currently 49.96$ on walmart.ca so Amazon should follow soon!

would love for this to happen. on walmart's site its "not sold online" and not available at stores nearest me apparently.

lupinko

This may seem like a weird question but does anyone know if the new Kirby Planet Robobot packaging has the FR language logo in Canada?

Very rarely did I see non bilingual Nintendo packaging in Canada. Unless you're like say Atlus, it'll always be a safe bet for bilingual with the FR logo.

Oddly enough I imported the FE Fates SE from Amazon.com and it was bilingual. I wonder if for special things like that Nintendo just opts for one form of packaging.

I know for hardware Nintendo uses bilingual only for NA.

srst

So I ordered a Japanese PSN Card on Nippon Yasan and paid using Paypal debit. The shop is now asking for a photo of my passport and credit card! wtf?
I sent the scans with pretty much everything blacked out hoping it's just proof that I'm real. They replied back telling me to reveal more (eg: passport number and credit card numbers).

This is extremely sketchy. I told them to give me the code or full refund. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. Is this a typical for a shop to request this? Does PlayAsia do the same? :s

lupinko

Btw I live in Japan and can pick up PSN/iTunes cards. I don't charge markup and even accept trades (Canadian iTunes, eshop, PSN, Steam, and American iTunes, Amazon) as alternative over PayPal.

explodet

As much as I want to grab Watch Dogs 2 for cheap, I promised myself I wouldn't buy it until it hit $30. I was really conflicted over the first game.

farisr

So I ordered a Japanese PSN Card on Nippon Yasan and paid using Paypal debit. The shop is now asking for a photo of my passport and credit card! wtf?
I sent the scans with pretty much everything blacked out hoping it's just proof that I'm real. They replied back telling me to reveal more (eg: passport number and credit card numbers).

This is extremely sketchy. I told them to give me the code or full refund. I'm waiting to hear back from them now. Is this a typical for a shop to request this? Does PlayAsia do the same? :s
I have seen this stuff being requested by some places and decided on not doing business with them for that reason. Some people online say it's normal. But I don't feel comfortable giving out that information. I have bought stuff off PlayAsia, they do not ask for that kind of info.

What did I miss?

BF1 for 50 bucks? Nice!

How did people get Ghost Recon for under 40? I pre-ordered it from Amazon last year....did they drop the price and keep the 30% off?

kevin1025

Banned
Anyone have any success getting Amazon to price match? Really want them to match the $49.96 for Watch Dogs 2.

I asked, they said they only do personal price matches on TV's (is that true?), and that if these other Wal-Mart games were causing the price drops, it will likely happen on any others. So possible yay!

Edit: I also filled out their "tell us about lower prices" thing, as I'm sure others have, so hopefully that helps.

srst

Btw I live in Japan and can pick up PSN/iTunes cards. I don't charge markup and even accept trades (Canadian iTunes, eshop, PSN, Steam, and American iTunes, Amazon) as alternative over PayPal.

I have seen this stuff being requested by some places and decided on not doing business with them for that reason. Some people online say it's normal. But I don't feel comfortable giving out that information. I have bought stuff off PlayAsia, they do not ask for that kind of info.

Cool! They agreed to a refund. I'll see how that goes first.

I asked, they said they only do personal price matches on TV's (is that true?), and that if these other Wal-Mart games were causing the price drops, it will likely happen on any others. So possible yay!

Edit: I also filled out their "tell us about lower prices" thing, as I'm sure others have, so hopefully that helps.

I did the same thing just now, heres to hoping.

farisr

How did people get Ghost Recon for under 40? I pre-ordered it from Amazon last year....did they drop the price and keep the 30% off?
If you preordered last year at 30% off and still have that order, you'll be getting 30% off from the $50 price now, meaning you'll be paying $35 (before tax).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom