• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just woke up, tried to understand what's going on, gonna need some coffee. Can someone please quikcly explain how the new Amazon E3 works? I'm seeing people getting Gears 4 a d BF1 for $35?!?!

Amazon is only matching some discounted games on walmart.ca(it's not the E3 promo).

Those of us that already preordered gears 4(and some other games) last year are now getting it for 50$ - 30%(or more for some).

BF1 is 50$.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hope that's not all we'll get for e3 deals, because as someone who's not into shooters and Ubisoft open-world games, that's not a whole lot of choices...

I would snatch up a 970 at $200 in a heartbeat. People in Ottawa are selling them at $350+

Yeah I saw someone on Kijiji in Winnipeg doing $200. And when I looked at closed listings on eBay they were like 250ish. And i was like "Y'all are crazy to sell for that low" but maybe those are ones people had for a long time.

BadWolf

My only worry if the Amazon deal is $30 off specific games is that they might focus the selection on specific/big games and we might not be able to get deals on stuff like Nioh, KOFXIV etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Not BF1 for $35. Amazon has priced matched certain titles that Walmart has available for $49.99.

If you had one of those games already preordered from last year's 30% off deals you would be getting it for the new low price of $35.

Games included:
Battlefield 1
Gears 4
Watch Dogs 2
Ghost Recon
Final Fantasy XV

They are all $49.99 on Amazon right now. Go get em.

Amazon is only matching some discounted games on walmart.ca(it's not the E3 promo).

Those of us that already preordered gears 4(and some other games) last year are now getting it for 50$ - 30%(or more for some).

BF1 is 50$.

tumblr_inline_mzz0yjwKx31rkudlw.gif

Interesting, thanks!

N° 2048

20% doesnt apply to world of final fantasy ps4

Shows for me, try hard refresh:

Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform for Display: PlayStation 4

Save 20%on select games when you pre-order during E3 . Discount will apply at checkout. Full list of qualifying games can be found at: https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=14743896011 Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

I have a super dumb question. I'm travelling to LA for work next week, and I want to get a travel pack for my phone. Can I just buy it online now? Do I need to like set specific dates for when I want it to be valid, or will it just know that I bought it when I enter US roaming?

I recommend Roam Mobility. You can get a SIM card at 7-11, NCIX, London Drugs, Staples, Superstore, etc. It lets you pick the dates you'll be traveling and whether you need text, talk, or data. All the plans are purchased online.

SIM cards are $10 each or 2 for $15. They expire 6 months after their last use.

kennah

Yeah I saw someone on Kijiji in Winnipeg doing $200. And when I looked at closed listings on eBay they were like 250ish. And i was like "Y'all are crazy to sell for that low" but maybe those are ones people had for a long time.
Must have missed that one in my checking kijiji every half hour. Heh.

Pretty pleased I picked up a pair of 780s with water blocks for $150 each.

UberTag

Well, I scrolled through the initial wave of games at Amazon and pre-ordered NOTHING.
I think the only title I would even deem worthy of buying at $79.99 less 20% is Persona 5 and I've already tossed my hat in for the collector's edition.

Perhaps we'll get more $50 Walmart games next week. I'm also entertaining DOOM at $50 at Best Buy when that prices goes live on Monday.

No_Style

Well, I scrolled through the initial wave of games at Amazon and pre-ordered NOTHING.
I think the only title I would even deem worthy of buying at $79.99 less 20% is Persona 5 and I've already tossed my hat in for the collector's edition.

Perhaps we'll get more $50 Walmart games next week. I'm also entertaining DOOM at $50 at Best Buy when that prices goes live on Monday.

Amazon.ca matched them & it's live for that price right now.

c-murph

So, only one order with 20%? That means we have to wait until the announce all the games at e3 before we can place an order?

So, Persona 5 is listed... Does that mean we can get 20% off the Collectors?

Kyolux

So, only one order with 20%? That means we have to wait until the announce all the games at e3 before we can place an order?

So, Persona 5 is listed... Does that mean we can get 20% off the Collectors?

No for collector's.. It says it only applies to normal editions of games.

Also, Battlefield 1 wasn't getting the discount when I tried it. Stays at 49.96 or whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom