• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

These are mostly painfully mediocre deals imo. $50 for Pokemon instead of $60 is a fucking joke since the exchange means it ought to be $50 in the first place. Not to mention none of the PC versions of any of the games deducted to $50 are on sale anyway.

edit: yep, preorder deals are shithouse if you're on PC

Everyone is fighting in the other thread and here I am all alone.

I haven't posted in there for a reason lol

So yeah, I guess the best way to go about what amazon is offering is to just add everything you want to the cart and wait until the last day and then do a checkout?

frequency

This is probably the first year I'm just not going to preorder anything. I almost never play things at release and the discount isn't enough for me. I'll just buy things on sale going forward.

This is probably the first year I'm just not going to preorder anything. I almost never play things at release and the discount isn't enough for me. I'll just buy things on sale going forward.

Pretty much the best method right now. Games so extremely cheap less than a month after launch.

Look at Doom. It's $49.99 currently which is cheaper than the current E3 deals (it's a $79.99 game) and got to that price just shy of a month after launch.

Wait for sales. Don't support the high prices and shitty sales.

Firestorm

I don't think I pre-ordered anything last E3 and then Black Friday gave us 30% off everything at Best Buy and I did that. This was partly because I didn't get my PS4 until September though.

Pretty much the best method right now. Games so extremely cheap less than a month after launch.

Look at Doom. It's $49.99 currently which is cheaper than the current E3 deals (it's a $79.99 game) and got to that price just shy of a month after launch.

Wait for sales. Don't support the high prices and shitty sales.

Absolutely! 30-60 days later the games are well patched and cheaper.

Vinc

If Amazon matched Best Buy's offer and gave a 25$ gift card for every game you order it'd be pretty great since you can apply them to existing orders.

DVCY201

I'll probably grab Corpse Party, just due to concerns about limited stock. But I don't really see any bombshells being announced at E3 to make me pre-order

Kyolux

My poor backlog, overwatch please stop working.

Are you on PC? What's your Bnet ID?

No please don't go.

Yeah, don't go! :(

If Amazon matched Best Buy's offer and gave a 25$ gift card for every game you order it'd be pretty great since you can apply them to existing orders.

But then it would get glitched and not apply until I don't know when into that big E3 order. (That's my case with last year's order for me)

Edit:
I'll probably grab Corpse Party, just due to concerns about limited stock. But I don't really see any bombshells being announced at E3 to make me pre-order

Always been curious about this series.. are they light novels? Do I need a previous game to get it or can I jump in on the next one? (aww this one is on 3DS.. pass..)

Lexxism

Even if it's just 20% off, I'm still going to order. Who knows that some games might drop midway like FF15. Don't want to regret later on for not ordering it.

No_Style

There are very few titles that I would consider pre-ordering. Unless it's Nintendo, niche title w/ limited run or something from Blizzard, I'm waiting for a $30-40 price tag.

Even if it's just 20% off, I'm still going to order. Who knows that some games might drop midway like FF15. Don't want to regret later on for not ordering it.

I keep neglecting this even though many of my existing orders took advantage of it. Nothing as crazy as Xenoblade or FFXV but still...

UberTag

Always been curious about this series.. are they light novels? Do I need a previous game to get it or can I jump in on the next one? (aww this one is on 3DS.. pass..)
Corpse Party has a strong visual novel element to it with some light dungeon exploring, survival horror gaming thrown in for good measure. The killer feature for the title is its binaural audio which makes it a blast to play with headphones as it really captures a horror atmosphere unlike few other titles.

The "new" game being released is really a port of the original PSP remaster of the original Corpse Party... albeit with some added content thrown in for good measure. You can only play the entirety of the series on Vita or PlayStation TV right now... and, if you're a fan of similar titles like Zero Escape or Danganronpa, I can easily recommend it.

Kyolux

The "new" game being released is really a port of the original PSP remaster of the original Corpse Party... albeit with some added content thrown in for good measure. You can only play the entirety of the series on Vita or PlayStation TV right now... and, if you're a fan of similar titles like Zero Escape or Danganronpa, I can easily recommend it.

I'll try and play those on Vita then. Probably next year when I'll have 6 weeks off for post-surgery recovery.

terrible

Banned

Yeah still order every single game in existence but for me unless I catch a price glitch I'll be canceling every game prior to release. 20% off isn't enough when we're talking about $80 games.

Lexxism

I keep neglecting this even though many of my existing orders took advantage of it. Nothing as crazy as Xenoblade or FFXV but still...
I still hate myself for not ordering that game at Amazon because I got complacent on my bestbuy order. It definitely bit me in the ass. That's why I ordered FF15 and KH3 last year on Amazon even though I got it cheap on FS order. Well you know it worked well!

Gxgear

Yeah still order every single game in existence but for me unless I catch a price glitch I'll be canceling every game prior to release. 20% off isn't enough when we're talking about $80 games.
I'm going to do this as well, but I feel like it gives the retailers the illusion that people are accepting the high MSRP's.

Kyolux

What's your Bnet ID Firestorm?

I'm going to do this as well, but I feel like it gives the retailers the illusion that people are accepting the high MSRP's.

Does it really though? I mean, pretty sure Amazon would only looked at how many people they shipped to, not how many pre-orders, unless it is to gloat/PR. Internally, I'm sure sales speaks, not pre-orders.

No_Style

With how quickly so many titles slip to $59.99 and $49.99 after release, I think the publishers are feeling the sting of high MSRPs.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Me too... not because I don't want to play it, but because I don't have the time. Gonna return it if I can't sell it on Craigslist for $50.

Is this Mirrors Edge? I'd be down to buy the PS4 version for $50 if you're in Toronto area

Grimsen

Thanks the tip on Doom. It's one of the few games I didn't preorder during the past E3, amd I missed out.

Lesson learned. Preorder now, think later.

I just realized this. If the 1070 is gonna retail at $600-650 CAD here, and if the RX480 8GB will probably retail at $300. On a pure price-performance standpoint, there's almost no reason to choose the 1070 or 1080 over just crossfiring the RX480, because it'll be the same price as the 1070 and it'll outperform the 1080 (according to AMD of course). I'm ready to go red, I guess, but I've also never had any reservations against AMD so it'll be an easy jump.

Clov

Having signed up for Amazon Student, will I be able to upgrade older promotional orders to two day shipping without messing up the discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom