• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem there is that the support for 2xGPU configurations has been dropping off from everyone. It's been kinda rough the past few years during the console transition and not as many games are supported as there used to be.

It might get better in the future again, or it might not.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I just realized this. If the 1070 is gonna retail at $600-650 CAD here, and if the RX480 8GB will probably retail at $300. On a pure price-performance standpoint, there's almost no reason to choose the 1070 or 1080 over just crossfiring the RX480, because it'll be the same price as the 1070 and it'll outperform the 1080 (according to AMD of course). I'm ready to go red, I guess, but I've also never had any reservations against AMD so it'll be an easy jump.

SLI/crossfire is a waste. Get a singular more powerful GPU

Vamphuntr

I just realized this. If the 1070 is gonna retail at $600-650 CAD here, and if the RX480 8GB will probably retail at $300. On a pure price-performance standpoint, there's almost no reason to choose the 1070 or 1080 over just crossfiring the RX480, because it'll be the same price as the 1070 and it'll outperform the 1080 (according to AMD of course). I'm ready to go red, I guess, but I've also never had any reservations against AMD so it'll be an easy jump.

If crossfire support is anything like SLI support it will not be worth the hassle imo. Still waiting on DX12 asynchronous GPU support.

univbee

Having signed up for Amazon Student, will I be able to upgrade older promotional orders to two day shipping without messing up the discount?

IIRC you may have to escalate to a CSR for the shipping to actually be free, unless they fixed it recently. Their policy officially was that you had to have prime when you place they order but they usually make an exception.

IIRC you may have to escalate to a CSR for the shipping to actually be free, unless they fixed it recently. Their policy officially was that you had to have prime when you place they order but they usually make an exception.

Still is the case I think, or it is not clear at all that the two days shipping their propose is the Prime one when you try to update shipping options.

ohlawd

I messed around with it myself. had an order of books with free shipping and changed it to 2-day shipping. it didn't say free but I did it anyway. shipping got added to my total so I had to talk to a rep. they waived the fee.

Stage On

These are mostly painfully mediocre deals imo. $50 for Pokemon instead of $60 is a fucking joke since the exchange means it ought to be $50 in the first place. Not to mention none of the PC versions of any of the games deducted to $50 are on sale anyway.

edit: yep, preorder deals are shithouse if you're on PC

Seriously! I wish Walmart hadn't drop the priceholder since then Amazon wouldn't have an excuse to exclude Pokemon from the 20% off since we all know it's going to be $49.99 everywhere when it launches.

Worse a bunch of stuff that's already announced isn't even listed on the site yet. I'd love to get the new Story of seasons for 20% off since that's not the type of game that would get a discount otherwise.

Luigi87

Still have yet to track down a Reaper Funko, but Widowmaker just shipped to me, and I pre-ordered Winston.
I should see if I can pre-order Tracer in store...

amrod

1080 in stock!

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487243

I talked to them and it really IS IN STOCK ... also they said no duty will have to be paid on it even though it ships from USA :D

2:02:40 PM Agent Annie A.: Thank you for holding, John. After checking, I show that the item is in stock now. You can place an order for the item. As for the duty, if the item is shipped from US, you may be charged for a duty. You can simply add the items into your shopping cart, enter your zip code under the “Calculate Shipping” option and choose your shipping method. The shipping and handling charges plus any applicable taxes will be displayed. Please kindly note that our website is managed in real time and the prices fluctuate often.
2:03:11 PM Customer John : ohh ok so if website says no duty, then I won't be charged any
2:04:25 PM Agent Annie A.: Yes, you are right.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Worse a bunch of stuff that's already announced isn't even listed on the site yet. I'd love to get the new Story of seasons for 20% off since that's not the type of game that would get a discount otherwise.
Ha, I remember being delusional last year and hoping Amazon would have Cold Steel 1 up before the end of the E3 promotion. I'm sure at least one niche game is going to be forgotten this year.

Stage On

Ha, I remember being delusional last year and hoping Amazon would have Cold Steel 1 up before the end of the E3 promotion. I'm sure at least one niche game is going to be forgotten this year.

Well small comfort but at least they DO have Cold Steel 2 listed! That's one of the few games I would pay full price for so I'd gladly take 20% off on it

I wish Canadian prime was better! If it offered 20% off up front on games all the time like in the states that would be a huge incentive for me since then I would be able to get the niche stuff that misses sales like this a lot easier.

Kyolux

I wish Canadian prime was better! If it offered 20% off up front on games all the time like in the states that would be a huge incentive for me since then I would be able to get the niche stuff that misses sales like this a lot easier.

At this point, it would be so much better than having a twice a year deal that may or may not happen and include most games you'd want to pre-order anyway.

Clov

Well, there's already one niche game that I've been waiting for Amazon to put up for the last month that still isn't there; Touhou Genso Rondo on PS4. It won't be a huge deal since it's $30 USD for the standard edition, but getting a discount on it would be nice anyway.

N° 2048

Yeah, 20% off $59.99, so $48 instead of $49.99 ooooh watta deal :p

Holy shit? $1.99 savings?
crazy-2.jpg

UberTag

That's actually a good thing since now we can get 20% off on them which we couldn't before since the price WILL fall to $49.99 before release anyhow
So you're fairly confident this will be the ticket to getting both games at $39.99 each (factoring in your expected price drop)?

bryt

Scrolled through the list of qualifying games and there are only two games I want. Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Psycho Pass. I'll gladly take those games for 20% off!

daftstar

Pre-ordered Horizon: Zero Dawn, FF7R, Persona 5, Mass Effect Andromeda all for 20% off from Amazon.

Hoping this 30-day Prime trial works for when they eventually release.

Stage On

So you're fairly confident this will be the ticket to getting both games at $39.99 each (factoring in your expected price drop)?

Yep fairly confident indeed. They'd have to be pretty crazy to keep it at the placeholder levels considering the exchange rate.

Worst comes to worst someone is going to blink and drop it to $49.99 again and then Amazon will end up matching it.

Too bad we can only get the 20% off for one order thought, Now I've gotta wait for more games to be listed or I'll miss out

Yep fairly confident indeed. They'd have to be pretty crazy to keep it at the placeholder levels considering the exchange rate.

Worst comes to worst someone is going to blink and drop it to $49.99 again and then Amazon will end up matching it.

Too bad we can only get the 20% off for one order thought, Now I've gotta wait for more games to be listed or I'll miss out

I did separate orders for each Pokemon and both got 20% off...

espher

I wish Wildlands PC was in the $50 + 20% tier - I'd gamble on it at that point.

Ah, it looks like the PC editions get 20%, the console editions get $30 off.

So only the Persona 5 Premium Edition has the CD soundtrack?
It's been so long since I bought a Persona game...still, that would explain all those plushies on my bed table.

Quick

Banned
My E3 pre-orders damage so far - all for PS4:

Ghost Recon: Wildlands - $30 off
Battlefield 1 - $30 off
Watch Dogs 2 - $30 off
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 20% off
NHL 17 - 20% off
Call of Duty: Infinite War (Standard Edition) - 20% off

I said to myself that I wouldn't pre-order a Watch Dogs sequel, but here we fucking are lol. $49.99 might not be too bad based on what I've seen of Watch Dogs 2.

I'd consider the COD: Infinite War Legacy Edition if it gets 20% off too.

My E3 pre-orders damage so far - all for PS4:

Ghost Recon: Wildlands - $30 off
Battlefield 1 - $30 off
Watch Dogs 2 - $30 off
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 20% off
NHL 17 - 20% off
Call of Duty: Infinite War (Standard Edition) - 20% off

I said to myself that I wouldn't pre-order a Watch Dogs sequel, but here we fucking are lol. $49.99 might not be too bad based on what I've seen of Watch Dogs 2.

I'd consider the COD: Infinite War Legacy Edition if it gets 20% off too.

I love San Fransisco settings, but man I know I'll hate the game.

Pro tip, if you had a pokemon pre order that hit 49.99 you might be able to luck out and get a rep to adjust the price to include the 20%
Cko6mgWUkAEFJ-N.jpg

Sealtest

Won't bother asking because those aren't supposed to stack and i'd rather not waste a complaint this early into E3.

And for people who were/are interested in the Pokemon Sun/Moon CE guide the price just went back up to $40 from $29 a few hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom