• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

Won't bother asking because those aren't supposed to stack and i'd rather not waste a complaint this early into E3.

And for people who were/are interested in the Pokemon Sun/Moon CE guide the price just went back up to $40 from $29 a few hours ago.

Darn I messed up not ordering the CE guide earlier. Normally I only get the standard guide but for only a $3 difference I would have figured why not.

Had my Dad order Pokemon sun and moon for me on his account to lock in the 20% off before they have any further shenanigans with it. Now to just wait for the price to fall back to $49.99 and I'm good to go

i-Jest

Pro tip, if you had a pokemon pre order that hit 49.99 you might be able to luck out and get a rep to adjust the price to include the 20%
Cko6mgWUkAEFJ-N.jpg

Amazon rep said they where gonna adjust my already lower price with an extra 20% off on moon nice

Just to be clear, now that you guys have the discount, doesn't that mean you can't get anymore games with discounts, unless you cancel the order and start fresh?

hupla

Just to be clear, now that you guys have the discount, doesn't that mean you can't get anymore games with discounts, unless you cancel the order and start fresh?
Oh I'll be honest not sure! Wasn't really planing on ordering anything else really so didn't investigate how stuff works

Nope can make another order, the rep adjusted the sale price, he didn't add a 20% off marker to the order.

UberTag

Oof, so far nothing new worth ordering except for overpriced SMT4:A, and Pokemon.
Outside of the $50 Battlefield 1 and Watch Dogs 2 on Thursday I'm coming up completely empty. Literally nothing I need Day 1 that isn't already pre-ordered. For stuff I don't need Day 1, I'm not willing to place orders for $63.99 games on the off-chance they'll drop price later. I felt bad last year when my max was $55.99. Almost every Vita game will be cheaper digitally. It's just a whole mess of bad.

Will probably throw something together after the big game announcements through Tuesday for games that aren't likely to see the light of day until late 2017 at the earliest.

diaspora

Outside of the $50 Battlefield 1 and Watch Dogs 2 on Thursday I'm coming up completely empty. Literally nothing I need Day 1 that isn't already pre-ordered. For stuff I don't need Day 1, I'm not willing to place orders for $63.99 games on the off-chance they'll drop price later. I felt bad last year when my max was $55.99. Almost every Vita game will be cheaper digitally. It's just a whole mess of bad.

Will probably throw something together after the big game announcements through Tuesday for games that aren't likely to see the light of day until late 2017 at the earliest.

I mean from Amazon. I have no idea why they're refusing to lower the PC version of the $50 games to $50. I would have preferred them, but they're forcing my hand to use CDKeys.

I mean from Amazon. I have no idea why they're refusing to lower the PC version of the $50 games to $50. I would have preferred them, but they're forcing my hand to use CDKeys.

Walmart doesn't seem to sell PC versions of those games, and the only reason Amazon dropped their prices to $50 is to match Walmart. Sucks, but that's how it is apparently.

My interest in signing up for Amazon prime really declined with this 20% sale... But I feel like its almost necessary given the way they have handled shipping things the past year.

EB Games is doing a sale for edge members right now, its 10% off loot and also double % off for used games. So platinum is 20% opposed to 10% and Onyx is 30%, which is actually pretty good.

Is there any Canadian store still stocking the Steelbook variant/edition of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered?

I plan on waiting for more information on the Neo, but that Steelbook...

Pro tip, if you had a pokemon pre order that hit 49.99 you might be able to luck out and get a rep to adjust the price to include the 20%
Cko6mgWUkAEFJ-N.jpg

Tried. They said they couldn't do it and asked that I cancel the order and reorder. I informed them that the price was raised since yesterday and they said sorry. BaH!

Is there any Canadian store still stocking the Steelbook variant/edition of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered?

I plan on waiting for more information on the Neo, but that Steelbook...

How does the Neo affect whether you buy VC Remastered or not? Unless you don't already have a PS4 and might buy the Neo?

Luigi87

Okay, so Overwatch Funko...
Thus far I have Soldier 76.
Widowmaker and Pharah should both arrive on Monday.
Winston is pre-ordered online, and Tracer is pre-ordered in store.

Now if only I could find that elusive Reaper...

Firestorm

I have more loyalty to Walmart than Visa. Guess I'll switch over to my Mastercard again.
I use a Tangerine MasterCard for everyday use and Amazon Visa for international use. IMO best free credit card combo as it gives you both types of cards and solid returns (2% back on 2-3 categories of purchases, 2% back on Amazon purchases, 1% back on all other purchases, and no international transaction fees).

N° 2048

PC Mastercard is amazing as well. As long as you pay the balance, interest is high AF.

I share it with my girlfriend and we have about $500 in free groceries ready to be used, just by using the card casually over two/three years.

FrsDvl

My gf needs a new laptop, I know I've seen talk about laptops in here before, but what's the best laptop for a decent price? It really only needs to run World of Warcraft, but I'd like to get her something that would last for a while, that preferably is under $1000.

damn walmart, i use my visa for all purchases to get my rebate reward. It was bad enough when i had to stop shopping at No Frills cause having to transfer money from my savings to chequings to buy something was just aggrevating. Can't really replace Walmart with anything though, god damn..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom