• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

I'd rather wait for this. they gotta load it up with JRPGs tho

Lufia 2, FFVI, SMRPG, CT, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Breath of Fire II and more. That would be great. Though I doubt we'd actually get more than 1 or 2 of those. They'd probably go more with titles that are quick pick-ups mostly just like the NES one.

Teeth

played about 25 of those. I only say two (FF1 and Mega Mega Man 2) but it's entirely possible the other 5 are good like Double Dragon 2, Castlevania 2, Ninja Gaiden, StarTropics, and Gradius. I dislike 2D Mario and Zelda (only played those cuz I was stuck them with as a kid) so that's already 1/6th of the library that's no good and then there's a bunch of non-games like Dr Mario and Excitebike.

How is Dr. Mario a non-game?

I do wish they put Ninja Gaiden 2 on there instead of NG1. It's a much better game.

Sealtest

holy crap someone at amazon actually changed my Pokemon order.

It now finally shows $39.99 for each of my pokemon games and I have no idea when it happened

They no longer have 20% off but them straight up lowering the price to $39.99 is better then me paying $47.99.

Anyone know any Shopper's Drug marts that actually carry games around the Pitt Meadows/Coquitlum area. Wanna get Pokemon Sapphire for $30, but never seen any Shoppers sell video games.

zroid

Banned
I was just at best buy to picK up PxZ2, I noticed they have a bunch of blu-rays with coupons affixed to get $7.50 off a Ghostbusters ticket. One of them is Bad Boys, which is $6.99. Kinda like getting it for free? Also Jumanji for $9.99.

soultron

Banned
Dell.ca is having a good sale today with some good discounts on laptops.

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/deals/popular-laptop-deals

If you combine this with eBates.ca's 10% cashback from Dell.ca, you can get a sweet savings.

I just grabbed an XPS 13 today for -$300 and the 10% cashback combo. Pretty good timing since I've been waiting and saving for a laptop for a while now. Hope this helps some of you folks too.

zroid

Banned
Even if $40 was a legit "price drop", so in theory we should be getting another 20% off that.. I'll just let it be. :lol

I hope Fularu posts his order page once he gets it reduced to $20 or something

40$ here too. No more pre-order rebate tho.

On an unrelated note, UPS just "tried" to ship me a package 5 minutes ago, but it says on the tracking info that I wasn't there. Thing is, I'm sitting on my couch, facing a window, looking at the street. No UPS truck has passed yet. How can shipping companies be so shitty seriously? At least it's only a 20 minutes walk to get my stuff. :/

tiijj

I wonder why they couldn't just do the 20% off correctly. It's like one of those forgotten technology that was forgotten when a civilization fell.

CazTGG

Yup, Sun & Moon are at $39.99 for me as well. Might keep both given the discount at that price.

Dell.ca is having a good sale today with some good discounts on laptops.

http://www.dell.com/ca/p/deals/popular-laptop-deals

If you combine this with eBates.ca's 10% cashback from Dell.ca, you can get a sweet savings.

I just grabbed an XPS 13 today for -$300 and the 10% cashback combo. Pretty good timing since I've been waiting and saving for a laptop for a while now. Hope this helps some of you folks too.

To add to this: Depending on how much you spend, you can get up to $150 off the laptop's price (technically more since that's $150 + whatever your province's tax rate is) via one of these coupons.

soultron

Banned
Yup, Sun & Moon are at $39.99 for me as well. Might keep both given the discount at that price.

To add to this: Depending on how much you spend, you can get up to $150 off the laptop's price (technically more since that's $150 + whatever your province's tax rate is) via one of these coupons.

Hmm, I tried to add one of the coupons for my order and it didn't work. My guess is that the discount doesn't apply if you're getting one of the deals that already has instant savings or a doorcrasher discount applied.

This will work if you're just buying a regular price item with the 10% eBates cashback thing though, pretty sure.

zroid

Banned
I contacted them repeatedly. I actually have several games on my order that didn't have the discount apply. Wonder if I should have a chat.

I'd give it a bit, the rollout always seems gradual when there's a price drop in my experience

Mine haven't been adjusted yet either

CazTGG

Hmm, I tried to add one of the coupons for my order and it didn't work. My guess is that the discount doesn't apply if you're getting one of the deals that already has instant savings or a doorcrasher discount applied.

This will work if you're just buying a regular price item with the 10% eBates cashback thing though, pretty sure.

I successfully applied to an Alienware laptop I was planning on getting a few days ago (I went with an XMG instead), and that one already had a $500 off discount prior to applying the coupon, with said discount code saying it would expire in November (Tried it again just now and it works fine with the Alienware 15, even with a $700 off discount). Might be due to the use of eBates, but i'm not familiar with how that works.

tiijj

Are you telling me Amazon priced a Nintendo game to a reasonable before-the-dollar-crapped price?

It's still priced around $49 at their site, it seems like instead of deducting 20% from last E3's promo (since for some reason the 20% discount didn't add up properly) they just reduced the price of the game to $39 then removed the 20% off promo.

frequency

holy crap someone at amazon actually changed my Pokemon order.

It now finally shows $39.99 for each of my pokemon games and I have no idea when it happened

They no longer have 20% off but them straight up lowering the price to $39.99 is better then me paying $47.99.

Mine changed too. So did Yo-kai Watch 2.

tiijj

While the price reduction for Sun/Moon is good, it makes the Steel Book Dual Pack much less palatable.

Yeah, there's a difference of $45.21. You can buy another game (almost) with that.

Separate Order
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 79.98
Total before tax: CDN$ 79.98
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 10.40
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 90.38

Dual Pack
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 119.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 15.60
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 135.59

killroy87

Hmm, since Costco started carrying the 55 inch P55 series 4K TVs, last year's M55 series went down to $999. That's about $800 less. Tablet remote aside, does anyone know if the new model is significantly better than the M-series? I'll pay it if it's genuinely worth it, but knowing that the M-series was already considered one of the best valued 4K TVs out there, it's tough to gauge whether it's worth paying almost double.

Slime

Banned
So I did end up getting tracking info for the order I mentioned a few pages back, but it came a day late and there's been no movement on the tracking data since.

Apparently it's been sitting at the Toronto sort facility since Wednesday at 6PM.

Just had to be Purolator!

zroid

Banned
It's still priced around $49 at their site, it seems like instead of deducting 20% from last E3's promo (since for some reason the 20% discount didn't add up properly) they just reduced the price of the game to $39 then removed the 20% off promo.

They didn't "remove" the 20% off promo per se, that's just how their broken system works this year. Any price protection automatically deducts directly from the discount, and if it drops below that, then it's gone.

Hmm, since Costco started carrying the 55 inch P55 series 4K TVs, last year's M55 series went down to $999. That's about $800 less. Tablet remote aside, does anyone know if the new model is significantly better than the M-series? I'll pay it if it's genuinely worth it, but knowing that the M-series was already considered one of the best valued 4K TVs out there, it's tough to gauge whether it's worth paying almost double.

I don't quite understand the technology in full but people seem to make a big deal of this "HDR" feature. Does the M series (2015) have that? I didnt think so but im not sure either.

So maybe wait for an affordable HDR model?

Kyolux

I don't quite understand the technology in full but people seem to make a big deal of this "HDR" feature. Does the M series (2015) have that? I didnt think so but im not sure either.

So maybe wait for an affordable HDR model?

That's the worse about all of this, this year it's HDR, next year it's gonna be something else.

But from what I get, HDR is pretty cool.. so I'd wait for that to be more affordable like you said.

Ondore

My Pokemon S&M
lewd
is still $49.96, but I was waiting until Color Splash to have that argument about the promotion...

tiijj

They didn't "remove" the 20% off promo per se, that's just how their broken system works this year. Any price protection automatically deducts directly from the discount, and if it drops below that, then it's gone.

It wouldn't been like that but the price didn't go down under the current price of $49.96.

If I were to guess, I think that they just completely removed the E3 20% discount and just says fine you whiney *tards, f it!! here's the game for $39. LOL

The sad thing is $39 was the retail price of a 3DS game, now we are happy paying for it at that price.

i-Jest

Yeah, my first order for Sun and Moon price dropped to $39.99. My second order, my E3 order, sorta did the same. One game price dropped but the other is still $49.99. I'll do what I've always done and wait for this to sort itself out.

tiijj

Yeah, my first order for Sun and Moon price dropped to $39.99. My second order, my E3 order, sorta did the same. One game price dropped but the other is still $49.99. I'll do what I've always done and wait for this to sort itself out.

This is interesting. Was there any sort of discount on your first order or was it just a regular order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom