• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphys

Go home Purolator, you're drunk...

ZMvsSM7.png

Pure...Oh...Later: trying their best to help Canada Post look good.

Pokemon dropped in price from when people pre-ordered it during E3. But they dropped the discount by the same amount, so the discount effectively ate the price drop and people were no longer getting 20% off that the E3 deal promised.

After a ton of complaining, it seems they're trying to fix it by adjusting the price of existing orders to 39.99. If you ordered during E3, I think it should be adjusted to 39.99 eventually. The discount gets removed after the adjustment though.

There are other games that dropped price and had the discount eaten too. Yo-kai Watch 2 is another one.
Ah okay, thanks for the info.

I preordered both Pokémon games and both Yokais during E3. No adjustment yet. Hopefully soon. (They still haven't fixed FFXII either.)

ovii

During Prime Day, I ordered Far Cry Primal around 10am Mountain time, and it was delivered the next day at 11am. Purolator has been good to me so far.

Sealtest

#teamharmony.

I was weak and downloaded the app today and found out a weazer/kingler and jynx is somewhere neer my house but I think in peoples backyards.

terrible

Banned
TLOU is 11$ on PSN.

Imagine playing that game for the first time after buying it for only $11. I'd almost feel like a criminal if I did that.

I'm tempted to get it even though I have it on disc. Now that I have a bigger HDD the convenience of not having to switch discs with digital titles is real.

Imagine playing that game for the first time after buying it for only $11. I'd almost feel like a criminal if I did that.

I'm tempted to get it even though I have it on disc. Now that I have a bigger HDD the convenience of not having to switch discs with digital titles is real.
Well, when you put it like that... I might have to pick it up for $11 and play for the first time. I'm not really into the whole zombie thing, so I never bothered looking much into it before.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So if the PS4K is $399 USD, do you guys think they'd go to $499 CAD or will they hold back a bit to make it more appealing at $449 CAD?

Xenoflare

Why is TLOU 11.99 CAD when it's 7.99 US ?

FFS ...

And what happened to the usual PS+ extra discount ?

It's beginning to dial back because of the currency exchange rate, we get the same items but the savings aren't as big (considering if the original prices are the same)

Xenoflare

Yea but they can elect to not do that...
They'd see more money coming in from $450 units than $500 ones.

I would have a difficult time believing that, since that means they will lose money as I think the PS4K will be quite popular.

It isn't a vita

Edit: To elaborate a bit more, the PS4 is not in a position to use low price tactics to gain sales, it blows the competition (xbox and nintendo) out of the water and it's enjoying a PS2 level of console sales. Plus remember Sony bumped the price of existing models of PS4 the fastest out of the big 3 back then when CAD is starting to turn to shit, I don't think they'll undercut their next new model that quickly. If the PS4K starts at a HDD capacity higher than 1TB, the price might get bumped even more.

IDK, I'd like to be wrong, but it isn't likely

Kyolux

So if the PS4K is $399 USD, do you guys think they'd go to $499 CAD or will they hold back a bit to make it more appealing at $449 CAD?

Currently $400 USD is $518 CAD, no way in hell they are doing $449 CAD

Yea but they can elect to not do that...
They'd see more money coming in from $450 units than $500 ones.

Going by PS VR's USD 399 = CAD 549... Hoping for anything else than the same thing is probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Going by PS VR's USD 399 = CAD 549... Hoping for anything else than the same thing is probably setting yourself up for disappointment.
Fucks sake.
Holy shit Infinite Warfare Legacy is $110 too.

Man fucking hell this shit got too expensive too fast. Maybe I'll get it from the US at conversion rate and fucking 5% tax there.

Luigi87

ARGH
After having it for nearly a decade, and having it memorized for nearly just as long I just got a call about my credit card from its Fraud agency, and... yeah, my number was stolen (and looking at my current available credit, there is indeed a fair sum unaccounted for).

Sigh, so RIP that credit card... Also annoying as yet again I'll need to call BB regarding some FS orders, among other things, lol

terrible

Banned
Playing on Hard and using stealth completely matches the tone of the story. I don't think I've played another game with a better marriage of gameplay and story. Pretty much perfection. I'm almost getting giddy thinking about it right now lol.

You can breeze through the game on Normal or Easy just for the story and it should still be amazing though.

N° 2048

Playing on Hard and using stealth completely matches the tone of the story. I don't think I've played another game with a better marriage of gameplay and story. Pretty much perfection. I'm almost getting giddy thinking about it right now lol.

You can breeze through the game on Normal or Easy just for the story and it should still be amazing though.

+1
I very rarely feel bad buying a game this cheap. What a deal.

Kyolux

I'm probably a horrible person, but I got bored of the game halfway through.

Story was alright, but gameplay was bad imo.

N° 2048

You are not a horrible person, you just have different taste.
I think most Zelda games were boring since the original one. Breath of The Wild looks ace though :)

terrible

Banned

If you play it like a cover shooter the gameplay is pretty average I think. That's why a lot of people suggest playing on Hard since it puts you into situations where you have no ammo and are forced to use stealth a lot more often and the stealth gameplay is fantastic assuming you like that sort of thing.

Kyolux

If you play it like a cover shooter the gameplay is pretty average I think. That's why a lot of people suggest playing on Hard since it puts you into situations where you have no ammo and are forced to use stealth a lot more often and the stealth gameplay is fantastic assuming you like that sort of thing.

Didn't play on hard, but tried to stealth as much as possible. I love stealth gameplay, but that one didn't click with me.

killroy87

Not yet, I'm basically checking every time someone replies to this thread hoping it's the pre-order link.

haha same. It's kind of interesting that this NES has become a big thing, considering pretty much every other retro console has had one of these available at Urban Outfitters for years.

Kyolux

Made a spag sauce with that Pressure cooker this afternoon.

Soooooo good. :D

Thanks whoever brought the Instant Pot up to my attention.

UberTag

Made a spag sauce with that Pressure cooker this afternoon.

Soooooo good. :D

Thanks whoever brought the Instant Pot up to my attention.
I'm a complete noob when it comes to using a pressure cooker. All I've done since getting mine is take it out of the box, admire it, read up on what I need for certain recipes in the manual and order a strainer and steam basket off Amazon.

zroid

Banned
I went for a walk around the neighbourhood and got a few weird looks. Feels good man. :')

There's a couple Pokéstops near me but it's definitely a bit of a walk. I might go to the mall tomorrow and see what's there.

Tapejara

Purolator location closest to me is closing down at the end of the month. Guess I won't be ordering anything from Best Buy for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom