• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

I'm a complete noob when it comes to using a pressure cooker. All I've done since getting mine is take it out of the box, admire it, read up on what I need for certain recipes in the manual and order a strainer and steam basket off Amazon.

Just cooked my ground meat on sauté mode (gotta leave lid off it) until it was all browned. Then stopped the cooking, added the veggies, diced tomatoes, spices, etc. Then sealed the lid and started the chili mode, put it for 10 minutes, it did it's pressure up thing, then the 10 minutes countdown and that was it. Though now I'm stuck with almost 5 liters of it. XD

UberTag

Just cooked my ground meat on sauté mode (gotta leave lid off it) until it was all browned. Then stopped the cooking, added the veggies, diced tomatoes, spices, etc. Then sealed the lid and started the chili mode, put it for 10 minutes, it did it's pressure up thing, then the 10 minutes countdown and that was it. Though now I'm stuck with almost 5 liters of it. XD
That's the one thing I'm most excited about with this new gadget. Being able to cook mountains of food at once and then store it so I can reheat it for quick meals during breaks at work.

Cynar

ARGH
After having it for nearly a decade, and having it memorized for nearly just as long I just got a call about my credit card from its Fraud agency, and... yeah, my number was stolen (and looking at my current available credit, there is indeed a fair sum unaccounted for).

Sigh, so RIP that credit card... Also annoying as yet again I'll need to call BB regarding some FS orders, among other things, lol
Same thing happened to me at the end of June. TD actually caught it before i noticed but I'm still dealing with the fallout of it. Fraudsters need a special place in hell.

UberTag

Has the mini Nintendo come up on amazon.ca? Or did I miss this over the weekend?
Hasn't come up yet. The listing will go up the first second when people have stopped talking about it and bumping the NES Classic thread relentlessly. Probably in the middle of the morning. Or when everyone is at work. And it'll sell out its entire pre-order allocation in 15 minutes. Mostly to scalpers. Because that's just how Nintendo rolls.

Hasn't come up yet. The listing will go up the first second when people have stopped talking about it and bumping the NES Classic thread relentlessly. Probably in the middle of the morning. Or when everyone is at work. And it'll sell out its entire pre-order allocation in 15 minutes. Mostly to scalpers. Because that's just how Nintendo rolls.

Lol sounds about right. Thanks for the info, I'll just wait for this thread or the Nintendo one to blow up lol

Did anyone else get an updated price from Amazon.ca for pre-orders? My copies of Sun & Moon were lowered from 59.99 to 39.99. RIP E3 deal, but even without it, it's still cheaper.

Sealtest

Did anyone else get an updated price from Amazon.ca for pre-orders? My copies of Sun & Moon were lowered from 59.99 to 39.99. RIP E3 deal, but even without it, it's still cheaper.

Yup. They also sent out emails today saying they miscalculated the price. Nothing in the email about removing the 20% but meh i'm happy paying $39.99.

suikodan

Yup. They also sent out emails today saying they miscalculated the price. Nothing in the email about removing the 20% but meh i'm happy paying $39.99.

Did receive the emails as well. They say that "we miscalculated your promotional discount and have updated your preorder price to $39.99". Does that mean 39$ AND 20% or 39$ "only"?

Guess I can't complain because placeholders for the games at BestBuy had 59$ as their price.

frequency

The 20% was removed from my order. So it's just $39.99 for me. I'll take it though. But there are still other games miscalculated. Like the new Paper Mario. I hope they "fix" those too.

Yep. Quebec laws are such that I imagine you can force them to honor the deal but pretty sure they would just want to close your account in return.

khaaan

My Ninja Turtles box set from a couple pages back shipped, but the tracking info says that a delivery attempt was made (I believe it's a lie as multiple people were home and have been receptive to other packages). Anyways, It says to look for a notice of attempted delivery (there is none) or contact carrier for next steps. It lists "AMZ.CA" as the carrier, who am I supposed to contact for that? Amazon customer support chat?

Ryne

So I got my G2 at the tender age of 32, and now I'm looking to get a car.

Is there a website or something out there that helps with purchasing a car? I would like to know what I need to look out for.

khaaan

CS_REP: khaaan, I'm extremely sorry for hassle caused to you in this regard.
May I please know the order number?
Me: Yes, it is ORDER # 701-6657787-0782649
CS_REP: Thank you.
khaaan, would it be okay if I reschedule delivery for tomorrow?
Me: Sure, that's fine, but what if they fail to deliver again?
CS_REP: khaaan, please be assured they will redeliver the package tomorrow. If they fail to do so I'll do the needful.

I'm still not instilled with confidence >_>

FrsDvl

So exciting, BMO has new debit cards that also work as credit card, kind of. Just tested it on Amazon, and it registers it as a MasterCard! Might be good for those few on here that don't have/want an actual credit card.

Kyolux

So exciting, BMO has new debit cards that also work as credit card, kind of. Just tested it on Amazon, and it registers it as a MasterCard! Might be good for those few on here that don't have/want an actual credit card.

My TD debit card for my mortgage has that option as a VISA card too. Never used it like that though.

My Scotiabank debit card has it as well as a Visa, but I use my RBC debit as my primary card for everything. I wish RBC had Debit-CC's, and didn't separate it into a Virtual Visa Debit or whatever

Luigi87

Well my Purolator package has been sitting in their sorting facility for over a week, and they never responded to my email... Guess I need to call now.

univbee

Been that way with CIBC for a while, although for some dumb reason they are perceived as technically different from actual credit cards and some businesses won't take them, including but not limited to:

- Most mail carriers when they show up in-person and there's something to pay (although if they bring the package to a proper Canada Post location they'll work there)

- Best Buy Canada online store

- EB Games Canada online store

Works just about anywhere else I've tried, though.

Kyolux

I bought a Playstation Plus card and the store charged me tax. Is that normal? I assumed it wouldn't be taxed like PSN gift cards.

I think it is normal. You probably should have just gotten it on PS store instead.

edit: Just checked my 29.99 12 months PS+ from boxing day 2013 on amazon. Yup, had taxes.

Faenix1

BMO -FINALLY- has them? Seemed like every other bank had 'em and I'm sitting here twiddling my fingers cause I use BMO.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Fallout 4 during the exchange promo and yikes, I didn't expect it to be THIS similar to Fallout 3 I played 8 (!!!) years ago. It's a fresh coat of paint and I like how colorful it is compared to the previous games, but the gameplay underneath hasn't evolved a bit it looks like... After playing games like Deus EX HR, GTAV, MGSV, etc., Fallout 4 feels downright anachronistic.

All of this to ask: is the trade-in value for it still decent somewhere? Or is anyone interested in buying it in Montreal by any chance? I guess I could try Kijiji or pawn shops too.

LakeEarth

I think it is normal. You probably should have just gotten it on PS store instead.

edit: Just checked my 29.99 12 months PS+ from boxing day 2013 on amazon. Yup, had taxes.

Yeah, I now know that I should've bought a $50 gift card and then just bought PS+ through PSN. I haven't used the code so maybe I can return it.

Speaking of that boxing day sale, I bought this PS+ card because the 3 years worth of PS+ I bought that day finally ran out.

Kyolux

Yeah, I now know that I should've bought a $50 gift card and then just bought PS+ through PSN. I haven't used the code so maybe I can return it.

Speaking of that boxing day sale, I bought this PS+ card because the 3 years worth of PS+ I bought that day finally ran out.

Aww lucky you.. I was naive enough to think we'd get the same sale the following year...

How wrong was I.. I don't think we've had any sales on PS+ since then.. if so I missed it..

RS4-

Picked up Fallout 4 during the exchange promo and yikes, I didn't expect it to be THIS similar to Fallout 3 I played 8 (!!!) years ago. It's a fresh coat of paint and I like how colorful it is compared to the previous games, but the gameplay underneath hasn't evolved a bit it looks like... After playing games like Deus EX HR, GTAV, MGSV, etc., Fallout 4 feels downright anachronistic.

All of this to ask: is the trade-in value for it still decent somewhere? Or is anyone interested in buying it in Montreal by any chance? I guess I could try Kijiji or pawn shops too.

FO4 is rather shit lol, sorry you had to put up with it.

Aww lucky you.. I was naive enough to think we'd get the same sale the following year...

How wrong was I.. I don't think we've had any sales on PS+ since then.. if so I missed it..

One of my most cherished purchasing moments. Bought 7 years of PS+ that day with all the money I got from the holidays. At one point I sat there with no physical gifts, but knew that those 7 years at a discount would be worth it.

It sure was.

One of my most cherished purchasing moments. Bought 7 years of PS+ that day with all the money I got from the holidays. At one point I sat there with no physical gifts, but knew that those 7 years at a discount would be worth it.

It sure was.

I hope that you play online A LOT and that you are satisfied with the arguably lackluster PS+ offerings.

ElNino

I hope that you play online A LOT and that you are satisfied with the arguably lackluster PS+ offerings.
That depends on the platform, for the Vita PS+ was gold for a while and the PS4 has been ok I think. Rocket League alone added quite a bit to the value.

As for playing online "A LOT"... you really only need to play "some" since you need it for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom