• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Headphones ($30USD = $150CAD. WTF?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik81

Ok. My sennheiser MX400 headphones have died, but I loved them so much. If only I'd remembered to keep the receipt they'd be in-warranty at ~13 months old. Then again, they were $15 headphones anyways.

After reading a few reviews, I thought I'd try the CX 400.

I had some trouble finding them, though. Eventually I saw that NCIX had them listed for $149.99. While I was looking, though, I saw that both Dell.com and Amazon.com had them, for $29.59 and $34.95, respectively. However, they're not listed on Amazon.ca or Dell.ca and the American sites won't ship them to Canada. The cheapest Canadian site I've found is Futureshop.ca at $119.99.

What the fuck? I mean, I know the Canadian dollar's doing poorly, but really?

Xirj

I always thought of NCIX as a pretty chill place but man that's brutal. They are almost as expensive as HD555's...

Raistlin

Do you have any friends that live in the US? Deliver it to their house, and have them mail it to you.

Slavik81

Fjolle said:
Cant you buy it from amazon marketplace?
Good suggestion. The first one I tried did not allow me, but the second one did. Although, it included a $35 shipping fee, doubling the price.

I'll try a few others...

Firestorm said:
Just use the www.gamesforcanada.com direct request form... That's where I got my brother's headphones using. Canadian electronics prices suck :(
That is so fucking awesome.

Xirj

I think it may be an error on NCIX's prices? Their other prices don't seem out of line and some arein fact cheaper than amazon.com. I say shoot them an e-mail.

maharg

idspispopd
There's probably some painfully stupid distribution agreement in place where some moronic company has exclusive rights to distribute the product in Canada and are gouging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom