• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

... [Can't Think Of A Title]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinky

If someone tells you they're going to commit suicide and you don't do anything are held accountable by law?

Blinky

Well. I need a real definite answer.

A friend is asking me not to tell anyone and whatnot...and everytime he's away from the computer for more then 8 seconds I want to tell someone...

But, it's his life...we've discussed the fact that I wont tell anyone...But I'm afriad that might fuck me over in the long-run

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Your friend is talking about suicide and you're concerned with your liability?

Blinky said:
Well. I need a real definite answer.

A friend is asking me not to tell anyone and whatnot...and everytime he's away from the computer for more then 8 seconds I want to tell someone...

But, it's his life...we've discussed the fact that I wont tell anyone...But I'm afriad that might fuck me over in the long-run

Would you rather have him dead, or mad at you? Answer that question and then you'll know what to do.

Ferrio

Banned
levious said:
Your friend is talking about suicide and you're concerned with your liability?

No fucking kidding, he's your friend for christ sakes. Unless he's under horrible physical pain, you better do something.

Blinky

Not quite that simple...I know I sound extremly emotionless and assholish..

But I would like to know if I could get fucked over by keeping a promise.

Blinky said:

Dude, go get a consuler, or advise him to. You may have to do it skillfully, but that dude needs help.

Blinky

Dude. Shutup. I know how fucked up I seem. But my heads not fucking working right. Too many emotions...

It's just...he's talking about it. And I know he's not commiting suicide now. I mean, it's just talk and me trying to convice him not to. He's not holding a gun to his head. He's just kind of angry/sad and I'm trying to calm him down. He didn't say "I'm going kill myself"...

EDIT: Shutup at Ferrio

But...I don't think he'll do any of it. Because this is relatively normal... Not suicide. But He said something aboiut "columbining" the school a very long time ago (years). And he's just a strange fella.

levious

Blinky said:

There's no definite answer until the situation actually plays out. Civil liability is a large grey area.

For instance, if you stand over his body and watch as he dies... you'll be sure that no one will ever find out that you knew he was going to do it.

Yes, you are emotionless and assholish.

Blinky said:
Dude. Shutup. I know how fucked up I seem. But my heads not fucking working right. Too many emotions...

It's just...he's talking about it. And I know he's not commiting suicide now. I mean, it's just talk and me trying to convice him not to. He's not holding a gun to his head. He's just kind of angry/sad and I'm trying to calm him down. He didn't say "I'm going kill myself"...

I'd believe you, but you're worried about the ramifications after his suicide. It must be more serious.

(I know the shutup wasn't to me.)

Blinky

I guess so...I'm a fucking wreck...I know it sounds black & white...but

Jesus................................

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
had you not posted about this on an internet message board, you probably could have gotten away with denial in the event that any sort of civil charges were brought on you.

and honestly, even if they were, there shouldn't be a case there.

levious

if he's a minor, talk to his parents or nearest relative. Don't worry about yourself.

Blinky

sefskillz said:
had you not posted about this on an internet message board, you probably could have gotten away with denial in the event that any sort of civil charges were brought on you.

and honestly, even if they were, there shouldn't be a case there.

Yeah. I'm just going to tell someone though...It needs to be done.

He's idle... *calls*

If you know the number of a relative, call them. Call a consuler. Call 1-800-SUICIDE

Just don't say, I am not gonna do shit because he said not to.

Blinky

It's over for now. Or should be.

I called his brother (who he lives with) and he's on his way home from work. Then I went over there and he was smoking a joint...which could have a bit to do with it. His brother said they were going to take him to a counselor...so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom