• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

Grubdog

Banned
hateucapcom.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
I wonder how the port itself will turn out. I imagine that loading times will be similar to REOutbreak, which would be bad.

HDD support will take care of all your worries, and make your dreams come true. Believe!

Socreges

Banned
Marconelly said:
VJ not taxing? I don't think so. The game has it's share of very impressive visuals. It might be taxing in different ways than RE4, but cell shading with self shadowing and all those crazy effects in VJ, is no easy task for any console. It could have *easily* happened that the port would suck ass, if it was handed to a less capable developer.
I never said it wasn't taxing. Just that VJ's successful port isn't really analogous to the potential of RE4's.

Father_Brain said:
While this is obviously bad news for GC, I don't see how GC is significantly more "doomed" than it was a few hours ago. I really don't think it would have had that big an impact on hardware sales.
I've often wondered this though. Why are hardware sales seen as the major goal to get? Wouldn't hardware sales, being usually little (if any..) profit be desirable only for the benefit of selling more SOFTWARE? since money primarily is in software, wouldn't companies want to maximize that first? Gamecube may be "behind" in hardware numbers, but how to sales of games stack up, that to me seems more important.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Project Midway said:
man, this thread grows at amazing pace. :lol

So much for the power of "Killzone Underperforms" threads :(

GC just keeps getting it's own name taken down and kicked in the tookus.

shuri

Banned
Bishman said:
Can't wait to hear Capcom response to this.

I hope someone has already sent a mail to IGN.

As a matter of fact, Matt is already working on a 100 points list of "WHY RE4GC WILL BE BETTER THAN RE4 PS2" as we speak

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
quadriplegicjon said:
nintendo should respond by buying capcom.

Or they should return the favor to Capcom and block the release of any future Battle Network games on the GBA. Those games have become Capcom's biggest series, iirc, with the last ones selling well over 1 million copies. If Capcom execs want to complain about slumping sales Nintendo should give them something to complain about.

Grubdog

Banned
shuri said:
As a matter of fact, Matt is already working on a 100 points list of "WHY RE4GC WILL BE BETTER THAN RE4 PS2" as we speak
Doubt it, it's more likely he's working on a new GC is doomed article.

Renegade

Banned
Father_Brain said:
While this is obviously bad news for GC, I don't see how GC is significantly more "doomed" than it was a few hours ago. I really don't think it would have had that big an impact on hardware sales.
When of all companies Capcom decide to bail out on a console, Game over, man, Game OVER.

shuri

Banned
JC10001 said:
Or they should return the favor to Capcom and block the release of any future Battle Network games on the GBA. Those games have become Capcom's biggest series, iirc, with the last ones selling well over 1 million copies. If Capcom execs want to complain about slumping sales Nintendo should give them something to complain about.

Yes! The solution is to prevent more releases. Nintendo doesnt need those million copies games anyway!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Lemurnator said:
I knew it as soon as I saw the first screens of the latest build. "They're dumbing this down to put it on PS2."

I weep for Nintendo... :lol

lmfao.jpg

First poster and thread sum the Nintendo fan mentality up quite nicely.

Ha ha. One of those threads was "Just got a GameCube." Man I thought this was a joke at first. This really sucks for Nintendo. I've been a fan since the NES but I just can't see myself buying another one of their systems next gen. They've screwed up every single series they've made this gen (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong etc.) Add to that the lack of third party support and no Mario 128 or the new Zelda is a slap in the face to people who own a GCN. There's no way anyone will support them after the sour taste they've left in gamers mouths this gen. First the PSP price and now this.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Well.. uh.. this doesn't change the fact that I'll be playing this game January 11th, 2005 :).

A little bit of me died inside but I'll still be playing January 11th, 2005...

cubers am cry :(

cvxfreak

Man, I'm pretty sure NOA's gonna give Capcom USA the middle finger when it comes to promoting sales of the US game.

Bishman

CVXFREAK said:
Man, I'm pretty sure NOA's gonna give Capcom USA the middle finger when it comes to promoting sales of the US game.

Why and screw their position even more? They need to promote RE4 like there is no tomorrow.

snapty00

Banned
JC10001 said:
Good idea. Then, Capcom can be even more pissed off, pull its DS support completely, throw its weight behind PSP, and have the games sell even better there. Good strategy, man.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
CVXFREAK said:

No, what they should do is promote the hell out of it from Jan-March so that there are very few people left to buy the PS2 version.

Renegade

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
you mean like xbox? cause they are still releasing stuff on the cube.
You take jokes well. I wat to go out somewhere and have fun and joke with you over a beer. I bet all the ladies love you because you know a joke when you see one.

cvxfreak

snapty00 said:
Good idea. Then, Capcom can be even more pissed off, pull its DS support completely, throw its weight behind PSP, and have the games sell even better there. Good strategy, man.

Let's see MegaMan EXE sell on PSP.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
JC10001 said:

Then Capcom can just bring it to PSP. Seriously though, I hope Nintendo stays in the handheld business.

Damn this thread is growing fast.

Well, damn what a shocker. RE4 should do well on Cube, although this announcement may affect sales, I get the feeling the PS2 version may release to late to make a real impact Capcom earnings.

Technically, I wonder if the PS2 can replicate the fire, water, and polygon count thats being pushed on Cube.

Renegade

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
nsink.gif

That reminds me.....what ever happened to Mina?
She left GA, helped form a new community which I also help clean up trash (read: Mod) at, and posted pics of her eating out her girlfriend, as well as other provocative pics. She Rawks.

Doogdogg

xexex said:
RE4 will look like shit on PS2 but sell 3-5x more than the GCN version.

oh my fucking gawd.

Not to worry, Olimario's probly be picking up 30 copies to make up the the lost sales on GC.

Top Bottom