• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 4 for PS2

Brofist

CVXFREAK said:
I guess RE Outbreak 2's piss poor sales in Japan didn't scare Capcom away from the PS2. Hmm.

Outbreak 2's piss poor sales had more to do with it being a piece of shit than being on the PS2.

cvxfreak

Ninja Scooter said:
a little more appropriate, don't you think? ;)
bailout.jpg

:D

kpop100 said:
Outbreak 2's piss poor sales had more to do with it being a piece of shit than being on the PS2.

True.

It'll probably use a reworked Demento engine. There's one problem I see is it getting overshadowed by PS3 hype, will anticipation be able to hold for a year.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
lol, you know as crazy as it sounds...when the demo videos came out you could totally tell the graphics had been toned down. That game is nowhere near the "finest looking console game" blah blah that all it's fans were saying. Maybe the conspiracy is true.

maskrider

CVXFREAK said:
I guess RE Outbreak 2's piss poor sales in Japan didn't scare Capcom away from the PS2. Hmm.

Well, RE OB 1/2 shouldn't be released IMHO, shit games with shit controls.

I don't know why RE4 on PS2 is a bad thing, may be disappointed to die hard Cube fans, shouldn't be a bad thing for RE fans since now more people can play it.

cvxfreak

maskrider said:

I don't know why RE4 on PS2 is a bad thing, may be disappointed to die hard Cube fans, shouldn't be a bad thing for RE fans since now more people can play it.

That's very true, but I bet a lot of people bought a GC because Capcom spent three years promising. I guess RE0's enough to keep GC owners satisfied, but alas.

Socreges

Banned
She left GA, helped form a new community which I also help clean up trash (read: Mod) at, and posted pics of her eating out her girlfriend, as well as other provocative pics. She Rawks.
Excuse me, what?

Anyway, I'll always insist that "Mina" isn't the person in those pictures. Unless "she" has proven it somehow.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Vagabond said:
You take jokes well. I wat to go out somewhere and have fun and joke with you over a beer. I bet all the ladies love you because you know a joke when you see one.

:lol says the guy that takes OA seriously... . i realized your post was sarcasm, but i just wanted to make the point that the game is still coming out for the cube.. so it really shouldnt change much. in that respect.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
maskrider said:
The game was pretty fun online at times with great teammates playing alongside you
i.e. CVXFREAK and Tenchir :)

btrboyev

well, the worst thing is the game is no longer just GC exclusive, but really its still exclusive for a year. One year exclusitivity is still a nice deal and I doubt people will wait a year just to play it ps2..thats just fanboyism at its finest.

The only thing that puzzles me is that they announced it before the GC release...but I guess nobody can blame the port on low sales now.

snapty00

Banned
Oh, man, I love the IGNboards! :lol

They'll make you all teary-eyed from the laughter. There have been about ten topics on the board that concerned people "switching" to other consoles and being promptly locked by moderators, and then there are about 15 diehard Nintendo fanboys running the most awesome damage-control known to man. Gah-damn.

:lol :lol

pledge.jpg

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
lockii said:
Yeah, MS grabbing Rare was a real a coup for them.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies = Game of the Century

Now that wasn't flavored with the knee-jerk rage of a Nintendo Fanboy... at all.

You honestly haven't seen this pic before?

Meier

Goreomedy said:
Now that wasn't flavored with the knee-jerk rage of a Nintendo Fanboy... at all.

Just curious, what's the Psychonauts dude in the picture for?

lexi

Banned
Goreomedy said:

Knee-jerk? Fanboy? Please. And yes, It's the first time I've seen that image.

Renegade

Banned
Socreges said:
Excuse me, what?

Anyway, I'll always insist that "Mina" isn't the person in those pictures. Unless "she" has proven it somehow.
How else can she prove it's her? She's posted a vid, numerous pics of her with her mac and opera editing crap in OA, her with the Steel Battalion controller, Xbot Mina, and lots more. If that ain't her, then she's done the biggest joke in the jistory of the internet.

Catalyst

Banned
What in the samhell? This is bullshit. How about listening to consumer and NOT do this, Capcom. How about creating a lot of exclusive titles for the GameCube instead of killing it.

Fuckbags.

Nintendo, pull your deal with Flagship and the new GBA Zelda game, pronto.

Renegade

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
:lol says the guy that takes OA seriously... . i realized your post was sarcasm, but i just wanted to make the point that the game is still coming out for the cube.. so it really shouldnt change much. in that respect.
I don't take anything seriously. You're making stuff up now. Simmer down. It was just a joke. Simmer down.

Catalyst said:
What in the samhell? This is bullshit. How about listening to consumer and NOT do this, Capcom. How about creating a lot of exclusive titles for the GameCube instead of killing it.

Fuckbags.

:lol :lol :lol

cvxfreak

Catalyst said:

Fuckbags.

Harsh words, but I wouldn't be surprised.

lexi

Banned
Any way you slice it, Nintendo got fucked with their arrangements with Capcom.

I'm wondering how exactly Capcom got around that whole exclusivity agreement.

CVXFREAK said:
I wonder if Capcom USA knew about this...

Capcom Europe knew it. Anybody remeber this final european box art of the gamecube version?

The box art is three weeks old and there's no "only for gc" on it.

officialre4boxeurope.jpg

cvxfreak

solarplexus said:
Capcom Europe knew it. Anybody remeber this final european box art of the gamecube version?

officialre4boxeurope.jpg

I don't think Europe gets those stripes.

snapty00

Banned
Catalyst said:

Fuckbags.

CVXFREAK said:
Harsh words, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Cancel the new Zelda game because Resident Evil 4 isn't exclusive, anymore? :lol WTF are you people smoking tonight?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
solarplexus said:

officialre4boxeurope.jpg

The PAL box art is different, someone posted a new one a while ago

btrboyev

Mikami has some explaining to do..if anything I blame capcom for taking too damn long to get the game out.

My only question is who would wait a year to buy it on ps2? Especially at a time when we're probably gonna know much more on next gen systems by then.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
To those curious, Psychonauts dude was added soon after Microsoft announced the dropping of Double Fine. Someone suggested in a thread that it would be a natural property for the Cube, and that Double Fine could fill the space of a dropped Nintendo second party.

But yeah, even out of context it looks funny.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
except PStwo doesn't have a HDD
My 50001 model PS2 with HDLoader says: "who cares" :p

Technically, I wonder if the PS2 can replicate the fire, water, and polygon count thats being pushed on Cube.

Wonder no more: IT CAN'T
Or maybe look at the first level of Onimusha 3... and keep wondering. You never know, it just might ;)

lol, you know as crazy as it sounds...when the demo videos came out you could totally tell the graphics had been toned down. That game is nowhere near the "finest looking console game" blah blah that all it's fans were saying. Maybe the conspiracy is true.
OK, come on, that just sounds batshit crazy. Games don't get downgraded on the original platform so that the port can be made more easily. I don't remember that ever happening. Where are those new demo videos?

Top Bottom