• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Fighting Evolution U.S. boxart (+ price)

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
box_img_pre.jpg

Release Date: Tuesday, Nov. 16.

According to the webpage on Capcom's site, the game will be priced at $29.99.

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750095

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What the hell, I'd buy it for $29.99.

XS+

Banned
Damn, Capcom LOVES Udon Comics(I think that's Udon anyway). Is there a bigger picture of that boxart anywhere?

And does anyone know who the final boss is in CFJ/E?

Takuan

Aw, for a sec I thought they had the zombie guy from Darkstalkers, but it turned out he was just part of the background.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Holy crap...we're getting a Japanese 2D fighting game BEFORE Japan? This is a first!

XS+

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
I thought this got canned...
It should have gotten canned. Someone from Capcom said that if this weaksauce game isn't a success, it's going to be Capcom's last 2D fighter ever.

So I'd suggest 2D fighter fans to support the hell out of this game regardless. How you want your Street Fighter IV to look, like The Lion King or like Tekken?

Lyte Edge said:
Holy crap...we're getting a Japanese 2D fighting game BEFORE Japan? This is a first!
For years Capcom fighters have gotten more love in the US than in Japan. SF fell off after IIX, when the games started turning all cartoony-looking (and while 3rd Strike saved SF's reputation, that arcade game's had pretty poor distribution in Japan)

DarkCloud

"20 Fighters and MORE" </Picture of Ingrid>

I seriously do hope they pull a MvC2 with this (it released shortly after the arcade version right) and at least toss in 1 more character per team for the console release...but it if it's coming out that early I guess the chance of that happening are slim. Way to mislead the gaming public early on Capcom.

Still for only 30$ it's moved from maybe to buy. Of course there's no mention of the Xbox version for preorder.

"Hide the livestripped box shot! Don't want the PS2 casual base to know that the <other> version has a feature they won't have until they're forced to buy it again! MWAHAHAHA!

Oh and move the Xbox date to May to maximize PS2 sales!"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
DarkCloud said:
"20 Fighters and MORE" </Picture of Ingrid>

I seriously do hope they pull a MvC2 with this (it released shortly after the arcade version right) and at least toss in 1 more character per team for the console release...but it if it's coming out that early I guess the chance of that happening are slim. Way to mislead the gaming public early on Capcom.

Still for only 30$ it's moved from maybe to buy. Of course there's no mention of the Xbox version for preorder.

"Hide the livestripped box shot! Don't want the PS2 casual base to know that the <other> version has a feature they won't have until they're forced to buy it again! MWAHAHAHA!

Oh and move the Xbox date to May to maximize PS2 sales!"

They can't run game on me!
http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750093

Yeah, looking at the date makes me think the Xbox version will be online. I guess they haven't had time to update the Xbox price either...hmm.

DarkCloud

Hah...I won't even ask how you found that. Capcom has the most unprofessional website ever and annoying to browse for specific items.

I was right about the boxshot and lack of a firm street date as well.

It would not surprise me if they pushed forward with that 40$ price for the Xbox version though citing online play as the reason. Since I can't find it what does their Xbox page for SFAC have shown for price?

Grizzlyjin

DarkCloud said:
Hah...I won't even ask how you found that. Capcom has the most unprofessional website ever and annoying to browse for specific items.

I was right about the boxshot and lack of a firm street date as well.

It would not surprise me if they pushed forward with that 40$ price for the Xbox version though citing online play as the reason. Since I can't find it what does their Xbox page for SFAC have shown for price?

$29.95

XS+

Banned
Yeah CFJ is in JP arcades now. I would have tried it already if I wasn't so uninterested in it.. maybe I'll go today and find out who the boss is.

Ronin said:
Capcom's boxarts have come a long way since this...

B00002STL2.01.MZZZZZZZ.gif
This is really a hallmark, CFE has like the BEST Capcom USA fighting game boxart EVAR (if that's the final art)

Screenboy

Wario64 said:
Wow, $29.99...Capcom is getting smart

I think Capcom should be giving this 'rehashed sprite mess-up POS' for free.

What next:

Capcom vs SNK vs Marvel vs Sammy vs [insert fighting game co. here]

Might as well do what that bloke did and make a MUGEN disc with the sprites on and sell it, cus thats basically what Capcom have done (apart from actually create the sprites about 10 years ago).

-SB

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm sure this game has Ken. It has to...right? Anyways, I'm getting this.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Doesn't EA have the Marvel license now, and they're gonna make an EA vs Marvel or something? You know, I'm speechless...

I've just never been able to get behind this game. I have not played it, it could be great; but I think it's likely to be a waste of everyone's time. I hate myself for saying that.

Anyanka

I'll buy this, but I'm not exactly excited.

I also don't believe that release date. It'll get delayed and delayed and delayed till its like fall 2007.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The game is pretty weaksauce, but I've been playing it consistently. I gotta give it a shot, afterall. The system seems interesting, but it just feels way too rushed for my liking :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
djtiesto said:
Doesn't EA have the Marvel license now, and they're gonna make an EA vs Marvel or something? You know, I'm speechless...

One of the questions at the Capcom focus group earlier this year was "If you worked for EA and wanted to enter the fighting game genre, what would you do to make it better than Capcom's fighting games?" I think Capcom is feeling some heat, probably with the Marvel license like you said

puck1337

Is this actually worth buying? I'm serious, because I love the 2D fighters, but I don't want to waste money on a steaming pile of crap.

GG-Duo

Reno said:
The game is pretty weaksauce, but I've been playing it consistently. I gotta give it a shot, afterall. The system seems interesting, but it just feels way too rushed for my liking :(

Reno, are you still in Toronto? where are you playing this?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
No, I'm living inbetween Kawasaki and Yokohama right now. I just play the game for a few minutes whenever I go to Shibuya.

The only thing I like about the game is the Warzard system, which seems like you 'purchase' level-ups for your characters inbetween rounds. It's pretty cool, although I only like using Hauzer. Other than that, the game seems kind of meh. The SF2 chars just got raped with a lack of dashing, which is crazy. I mean, Zangief can bust out a 35% SPD on you now, but how the hell is he gonna be able to do it easily without a dash?! :(

Top Bottom