• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom plans to release more game based movies

Kon Tiki

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/04/news_6112396.html

The company reiterated its plans to release an animated film based on the Mega Man Battle Network games, which has already spawned an animated television series and other spin-off products, this spring. Similarly, a live-action film based on the company's Onimusha series was announced last year and is slated to release worldwide in 2006. A Devil May Cry movie is also in the works, reports the article.

But licensing its game series to film-production companies isn't all that Capcom has planned. The company also aims to produce more games based on popular films--specifically, games that continue and expand upon, rather than remake, movie storylines. (One recent example of how this might work is Capcom's recently released PlayStation 2 game based on the Tim Burton film The Nightmare Before Christmas.)

Where is Dino Crisis! I want a movie about dinos in space.

DSC_0057.jpg

"I'M GONNA BE RICH!!"

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
An animated Rockman Exe movie was expected, given how long the anime series has been going on plus how great the games are selling on GBA.

Onimusha though, I don't understand. Didn't Capcom state that Onimusha 3 was the last game in the series? Then why make a Onimusha movie for 2006? Unless Onimusha 3 wasn't the "final" game...OMG Capcom lied again!

How AWESOME were Milla Jovovich's nipples in Resident Evil Apocalypse!??!

But RE1 movie > than RE:A because you see a hint of snatch in the first film.

Kon Tiki

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
How AWESOME were Milla Jovovich's nipples in Resident Evil Apocalypse!??!

But RE1 movie > than RE:A because you see a hint of snatch in the first film.
That is how all films should be rated.

Rlan

Society says:

"That is how all films should be rated."

Speaking of, RE:A wasn't as bad as people were saying, but stuff like wall walking should have stayed away.

Anyone know where I can get a breakdown on what the stories are in the games?

Screenboy

Rlan said:
Society says:

"That is how all films should be rated."

Speaking of, RE:A wasn't as bad as people were saying, but stuff like wall walking should have stayed away.

Anyone know where I can get a breakdown on what the stories are in the games?

I liked RE:A, it was good in a non-serious, cheesy sort of way.

It had charm.

-SB

Belfast

Kiriku said:
An animated Rockman Exe movie was expected, given how long the anime series has been going on plus how great the games are selling on GBA.

Onimusha though, I don't understand. Didn't Capcom state that Onimusha 3 was the last game in the series? Then why make a Onimusha movie for 2006? Unless Onimusha 3 wasn't the "final" game...OMG Capcom lied again!

Yeah, but Onimusha 3 ends on a cliffhanger of sorts. :p I'm sure the series may go on, but it might be with a different hero and *definitely* a new villain. I assume this means no Samanosuke, but they've done without him before, and for all intents and purposes Nobunaga and the Onimusha are gone.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I guess CAPCOM is really hurting for money. I was kinda shocked when I found out that Sony pictures didn't do the second RE movie (it was Screen Gems)...I wish Nintendo would get more involved in the movie business too, then if a video game company wants to make a movie they can go to a GAME company to help with said movie. This would give Nintendo the same sort of edge Sony has there. Nintendo should go all out and like become the next Disney:
-Don Bluth Zelda
-John Woo Metroid
-Japanese Anime of Fire Emblem
-3D CG Animated Mario

The possibilities are endless for them.

DrGAKMAN said:
I guess CAPCOM is really hurting for money. I was kinda shocked when I found out that Sony pictures didn't do the second RE movie (it was Screen Gems)...I wish Nintendo would get more involved in the movie business too, then if a video game company wants to make a movie they can go to a GAME company to help with said movie. This would give Nintendo the same sort of edge Sony has there. Nintendo should go all out and like become the next Disney:
-Don Bluth Zelda
-John Woo Metroid
-3D CG Animated Mario

Nintenbiased people are SO hilarious. Stop dreaming about how your beloved Nintendo could expand their business and become the next "Big Whatever"...

@Topic: How about the proposition, Capcom, to release more games, meant as GOOD games?

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
Nintenbiased people are SO hilarious. Stop dreaming about how your beloved Nintendo could expand their business and become the next "Big Whatever"...

Doesn't need to be (nor do I proclaim them to be) the next "Big Whatever". It's just I'd like to see some Nintendo movies, I think it would be profitable for them if done right, and with it they could have some more influence in the industry as a whole. Brings about higher recognition of thier brands, opens a new avenue for profit, gives them more industry stature and is almost like the best way to advertise games. It must be something to look into since Mr. Yamauchi is suggesting Nintendo to go for it!

By the way the Sony Music & CAPCOM production of the Street Fighter animated movie was one of the BEST video game related movies I've ever seen and it was 100 times better than the live action Street Fighter!

Dead

well not really...yet
DrGAKMAN said:
-Don Bluth Zelda
-John Woo Metroid
-3D CG Animated Mario

uhhh Screen Gems is part of Sony

XS+

Banned
How the hell, after the two REs and Street Fighter, did Capcom conclude licensing more games for movies was a good idea?

They need to stick to making some more cool fighting games. Actually wait, they take forever to bring them to the market. Leave that to Sammy to bring out the 2D brawlers.

hirokazu

XS+ said:
How the hell, after the two REs and Street Fighter, did Capcom conclude licensing more games for movies was a good idea?

haven't seen Apocalypse, but the first wasn't all bad :p

Top Bottom