• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: time to re-release Resient Evil games on GCN again

jarrod

Banned
They should do a bundle set rerelease with RE2, RE3 & Code: Veronica X for $29. RE2 & RE3 should've really been bundled in the first place anyway.

cvxfreak

They should re-release REmake and Zero each with the RE4 demo this winter, and make a bundle of RE2 and RE3 for $20. I think CVX's still in stores somewhat, for both PS2 and GC, so they don't have to re-release that.

Sheesh. That's a lot of money for a PSX port.

You know I probably would have bought RE2, 3 and CV if they'd come in a cheap bundle. I definately would have bought RE2 if they did a REmake of it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I agree. I can't find RE2 anywhere, nor any of the others in stores.

Buy.com has REmake, RE3, and Code: Veronica X for current retail prices last I checked though.

Edit: I see you already mentioned buy.com though. I should take advantage of that soon.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I would've bought any RE game remade in the same fashion as the first game (except for CV, for obvious reasons). For full price, even.

thomaser

I try to get those games into my store all the time, but I almost never get them. I get 2 or 3 once in a while, but the rest is impossible to find... the distributor simply doesn't have them anymore. Production has probably been stopped for a long while now.

They're quite sought-after, so a Player's Choice-treatment would be perfect right about now.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
eBay never ceases to amaze me. I used to be able to take used games purchased for $30-$50, put them up for auction, and get $80-$100+ for them. Crazy.

I'd like to see RE2 and RE3 bundled together as a player's choice package for $20-$30. Doesn't matter to me though; I got both games for $20 total when Gamestop had a trade in deal for them at release.

Laurent

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

img04.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/bio_cbox/

explodet

It's a very strange supply/demand thing...

Here's my educated guess:
Capcom didn't make many copies of RE2 and RE3, and because they were charging so much for them, demand wasn't too great. But, they kept on selling every month, a few thousand at a time. And now that they're harder to find, and with the hype for Resident Evil 4 and maybe even the second movie, demand has increased, resulting in prices like in those ebay auctions up here.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
BobbyRobby said:
Are RE2 & RE3 improved at all from the PSX originals?

I know CVXFREAK will be able to list all the changes, but visually, the only improvements are really in the main character models (at least for RE3), and slightly higher resolution. RE2 is also on one disc.

cvxfreak

M3wThr33 said:
That box looks a bit long to just hold those games. What's at the backend of it?

The Wesker's Report Booklet is about twice the length of the games, which is why the box is pretty long. There's a piece of cardboard inside the box that allows the GC games to fit inside, perfectly.

I'm pissed at Capcom for not giving RE4 a slot. =/

Top Bottom