• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capture The Flag Sucks

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Don't get yourself banned, I enjoy your avatar. :(

This is my caring face.

taxi.gif

It will not be in vain. There was no reason to lock that thread. Halo is overrated. Are dissenting opinions against TOS? Maybe I need to read over those again.

Jonnyram

Though Halo may be overhyped, I don't think starting a thread saying "All your opinions suck" is going to get a positive reaction.

Jonnyram said:
Though Halo may be overhyped, I don't think starting a thread saying "All your opinions suck" is going to get a positive reaction.
Well, to be fair I don't think I did that. I was simply curious to see if there was a single person on teh internet who hasn't been influenced by the hype or just isn't a fan of the series.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
trippingmartian said:
Well, to be fair I don't think I did that. I was simply curious to see if there was a single person on teh internet who hasn't been influenced by the hype or just isn't a fan of the series.

Well I was considering not buying the game tomorrow; I could get Pikmin 2 and Soul Caliber 2 (Xbox) for the same price.

I could even Buy SC2, KOTOR and another title for the same price; with my current back log I just don’t see the need in buying Halo 2 right away.

However I don’t see the game having a price drop anytime soon so I might as well buy it tomorrow.

Rlan

Didn't really like the type of game in UT2004, but I love CTF in, say, Soldier of Fortune 2, where if the enemy frops the flag, you can't just get it back by touching it, you have to defend it for 30 seconds.

Buggy Loop

Only game i enjoyed CTF was the original tribes. Never really got into TFC or return to castle wolfeinstein, felt meh.

Screenboy

Koshiro said:
Why was he banned? I don't recall him being a nuisance in other threads..?

I think he was warned with his Halo 2 hater thread, then just made the same thread with a different topic title.

-SB

Project Midway said:
Yes! Too many positive things about Halo, it needs to be countered ASAP.

In all fairness, the mod just changed the text in the opening message. And if you're like myself, and missed all the hub-bub of what's going on, you could just read this post and agree that Capture the Flag does suck. It's about as inspiring as Deathmatch became after Capture the Flag took off. It's old and boring.

ravingloon said:
In all fairness, the mod just changed the text in the opening message. And if you're like myself, and missed all the hub-bub of what's going on, you could just read this post and agree that Capture the Flag does suck. It's about as inspiring as Deathmatch became after Capture the Flag took off. It's old and boring.
Yes it sucks. I was mainly commenting on his eagernes to create Halo hater/sucks thread.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"It's about as inspiring as Deathmatch became after Capture the Flag took off. It's old and boring."

i look into my cross dimensional crystal ball and i see a world where Capture the flag isn't included , but a funky new mode is included...

... but i can't get any details on the new mode, because everyone is trolling the threads posting Bail out photos because there is no CTF mode...

it's a standard mode. people like it. Just leave it in.

I don't get it. Why was he dedicating a thread to CTF and his opinion of it sucking? CTF is one of many modes of play...not like you're forced to only play that mode, or something.

Or did I miss the original thread title?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, i think i missed the fun thread title switch, but the penny has just dropped. lol

DCharlie said:
"It's about as inspiring as Deathmatch became after Capture the Flag took off. It's old and boring."

i look into my cross dimensional crystal ball and i see a world where Capture the flag isn't included , but a funky new mode is included...

... but i can't get any details on the new mode, because everyone is trolling the threads posting Bail out photos because there is no CTF mode...

it's a standard mode. people like it. Just leave it in.

I'm not arguing it should be excluded, just like deathmatch isn't excluded from online shooters, just that it does suck.

P.S. That new mode in your crystal ball, the one that's the main focus, it's capture the point that's so popular in Battlefield and Unreal 2004.

I hate Catch the flag and deathmatch when such gameplay modes lead to short and simplistic single player campaigns. This is why I will delay my buying Halo 2 until I get BB and Live. In the mean time I will enjoy games like Metroid Prime 2, which have longer and more intricate single player challanges, as do games like MGS3 and GTA: San Andreas. Unfortunately, Ratchet and Clank 3's single player campaign seems to have been trimmed a bit to facilitate its online multiplayer, and that too is a shame as I might do the unfathomable and end up buying Jak 3 prior to R and C 3(although if I get BB that all changes, since R and C3's Multi Player looks to be insane).

Jonnyram

You guys didn't miss anything. Original thread and post are as was originally. It's just a follow up hate thread because his "Anyone else NOT buying Halo 2?" thread was locked after 0 replies.

If he's not banned or is reading anyway:

yes there is another. I'm getting an Xbox this week, and I don't give a damn about Halo or it's sequel.

The classes were part of what made TFC awesome though. Medics, spies, engineers, snipers, big slow fellas with meaty machine gun things... and the best levels were simplistic too. The two fortresses with the bridge inbetween is just a complete ball. A ball of death!

I'm pretty sure online multiplayer Halo 2 can't be bad, but it'd have to be pretty amazing to surpass TFC for me. I always loved it way more than CS. Which I just couldn't get into.

Terrorists win!

Ranger X

Halo2 fans are very sensitive or something? This forum is full of hate thread but you ban this guy. Yeah right. GAF has never been coherent but damn, do you mods HAVE TO keep it that way? I suppose there's different degrees of banning and you gave the guy the smallest one?

There should be a rule here that says "you only have the right to make a thread about positive stuff". It would make more sense. Or it would be about time i become a mod here.

** you guys needs "soldiers mod" that are fair, completely unbiased and go by the book.

Top Bottom