• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr. testing "Aporkalypse" Breakfast Sandwich in SoCal w/ sausage, ham, & bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2014/12/carls-jr-tests-aporkalypse-breakfast-sandwich.html

Carl's Jr. is calling it the "Aporkalypse" and it's a huge breakfast sandwich they're testing that includes all three pork-based breakfast meats: bacon, sausage, and ham.

It was spotted recently out in Ontario, CA by the guys over at Wreckless Eating.

In addition to bacon strips, two sausage patties, and a round slice of ham, the Aporkalypse Breakfast Sandwich includes folded eggs and two slices of cheese (Swiss and American) and comes on one of their fresh-baked burger buns, which is a good deal larger than their regular burger buns and their biscuits, for that matter.

The new breakfast sandwich is similar to Carl's Jr.'s Monster Biscuit but doubles up on the sausage patties and adds ham to the equation, as well as a premium burger bun rather than a biscuit.

If the Carl's Jr.'s Aporkalypse makes it out of test, the closest competing sandwich would be Jack in the Box's Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, which comes with two fried eggs, two slices of American cheese, two slices of ham, and bacon on a sesame seed bun.

c12vWk4.jpg

DJ_Lae

I could deal without the sausage.

Having said that, I'm supposed to be eating lots of sodium so I'm sure this thing would be perfect for me. There's probably a whole day's supply in one with all three of those pork products.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm both happy and a bit sad Carl's Jr doesn't have a location anywhere near me.

I could deal without the sausage.

Having said that, I'm supposed to be eating lots of sodium so I'm sure this thing would be perfect for me. There's probably a whole day's supply in one with all three of those pork products.

How could you! Sausage is the breakfast king of meats!

Compared to that wimpy bacon

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
My cop cousin lives in Ontario. Hopefully this will be there a while because I'll be over for Christmas.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Sweet! hopefully its the one by the Ontario Mills so I can get that and a nice Krispy Kreme donut for dessert.

Surprised they didn't save this for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Maybe it's not for X-men at all.
Next thing we'll find out from the Sony leak is that they are rebooting Spider-man into Spider-ham. It's been secretly in production since last year and the name of the sandwhich matches the subtitle to the movie.

Spider-Ham: Aporkalypse.

*Sony trying to cash in on that Guardians talking animals hype.

Sanjuro

Dunkin Donuts does this all the time for me. Onion bagel, peppered egg and cheese, w/sausage, ham, and bacon.

Sometimes I get the turkey bacon. For health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom