• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casshern DVD w/ english subs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Well Casshern will be out on DVD in October in Japan, and will have english subs, needless to say im definately ordering it

B0001A7D0O.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001A7D0O/249-0502281-8575542

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as...RN/code-j/version-all/section-videos/did-160/
theres a page in english, but yesasia is a bit too pricy

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Trailer looked hot, but who's seen it? Impressions? DeadStar, you watched it raw, right?

Dead

well not really...yet
EviLore said:
Trailer looked hot, but who's seen it? Impressions? DeadStar, you watched it raw, right?
yeah from what I gathered it was pretty great, absolutely gorgeous visually in many parts,but dont go in expecting a huge action extravaganza as the trailer would lead you to believe, its more drama at its core

From what i've read, most people seem to like it although some don't because of the pacing and lack of overall action (the trailer leads you to believe that it's going to be action heavy). I'd watch it just for Kiriya's style, which is just f'n incredible.

Welcome to last month. :p

Anyway, I loved Casshern. Great message, really beautiful direction, amazing soundtrack and score, Casshern is a great sci-fi movie that goes beyond the typical action-romps that we're used to. It also has one of the best endings I've seen in a movie. It's a pretty nice overall package, but those who have seen the trailer and have high expectations of some Matrix-type movie will be let down.

Apparently there's going to be an extended cut of the movie on DVD, which will probably be part of an overall package that'll cost you 100 bucks. Who knows when we'll see that though.

nitewulf

EviLore said:

style, art design etc are really good. some CG look cheap and cheesy. but what the movie really fails on is the pacing, its incoherent as they sort of jump from one event to another and you're left wondering what happened. lots of long masterbatory scenes just for visuals sake, which is usually OK in my book, but it can get tedious, specially when you're wondering about the actual backstory.
my main gripes were actually the lack of more backstory, the movie is just too hard to follow. there is good amount of action otherwise, and some are pretty entertaining to watch while others fail due to bad CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom