• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS All Access Orders 'Good Wife' Spinoff Starring Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you Good Wifers out there:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/good-wife-spinoff-cbs-upfront-895242?utm_source=twitter

The Good Wife spinoff is officially a go.

CBS used its upfront Wednesday to announce that it has ordered the follow-up, which centers on Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) and newer addition Lucca Quinn (Cush Jumbo), straight-to-series. Creators Robert and Michelle King are set to co-write the first episode but will not run the CBS Television Studios-produced series. The news, then just in deal stage, was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

What is most interesting about the franchise's next iteration is that it's being done not for CBS but rather for the company’s $5.99-per-month All Access digital subscription service. It marks the SVOD service’s second high-profile order following the November 2015 news of an original Star Trek series, which is slated to premiere on CBS in January 2017, before moving to its more permanent home on All Access. The scale and ambition for the sci-fi SVOD series became that much more apparent with the news that Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) would be put at the creative helm with Alex Kurtzman attached as an executive producer.

Slap me if old.

About time we got that Kalinda spinoff!

CBS used its upfront Wednesday to announce that it has ordered the follow-up, which centers on Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) and newer addition Lucca Quinn (Cush Jumbo)

...oh :(

liquidtmd

Banned
With the way the wheels fell off in the last two seasons and that finale of not knowing how to bow out, they can fuck the fuck off

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cush Jumbo is the shit, but this is about as unimaginative as it gets and the last season soured me on the show. The season finale basically destroyed The Good Wife for me.

Let it die.

Bleepey

Cush Jumbo is the shit, but this is about as unimaginative as it gets and the last season soured me on the show. The season finale basically destroyed The Good Wife for me.

Let it die.

Jesus that bad? I only just finished season 6. I thought Cary would get a spin off

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Jesus that bad? I only just finished season 6. I thought Cary would get a spin off
It's a mockery of what the show used to be and a testament to Juliana's egotistical delirium. Basically an entire season of filler and smoke punctuated by some of the most ridiculous and cheap cliffhangers you could devise and finished with a completely broken finale.

It's not Dexter bad, but the decrease in quality is so abrupt its almost painful. A rather mediocre send off for an otherwise excellent show.

Bleepey

It's a mockery of what the show used to be and a testament to Juliana's egotistical delirium. Basically an entire season of filler and smoke punctuated by some of the most ridiculous and cheap cliffhangers you could devise and finished with a completely broken finale.

It's not Dexter bad, but the decrease in quality is so abrupt its almost painful. A rather mediocre send off for an otherwise excellent show.

Fuck.... I loved how the show progressed. F
rom her getting back on her feet again after the affair, to Cary getting fired, rehired, then going it alone and starting their own firm and then her running for office.

vanty

I'd be quite happy for a show focused on Diane Lockhart where the word 'Florrick' is not mentioned once.

Rymuth

Ygritte joins the cast as Diane's goddaughter.

Rose Leslie, best known as Game of Thrones‘ late warrior Ygritte, is joining the forthcoming offshoot in a major, series-regular role, TVLine has learned. The actress will play Maia, Diane’s (Christine Baranski) goddaughter who joins her firm just after passing the bar, and is a key part of Diane’s plan for the future.
Was surprised to hear Marissa, Eli's daughter is also on-board. Doubt I'm gonna watch this after how S5/6 went but it's going to be interesting to see them pull this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom