• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cell phones boost sex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=42292&cat=Science

According to The Mirror, the researchers, who questioned more than 10,000 youngsters between the age-group of 13-18, found that 60 per cent of teenagers who use mobiles a lot had sex, whereas, only nine per cent of the children who seldom or never used mobile phones had had sex.

Researchers also found that children with mobile phones often started having sex at the young age of 13. They are attributing this disturbing behavior to the fact that children often flirt on SMS and can also make "speedy contact" with their phones.

Wish I had a cell phone when I was 13... :(

Mr Gump

Banned
Thats true. Mobile phones have made getting to know girls a whole lot easier than in the past, and sms' have given kids something to hind behind while they say things they wouldnt face to face or even in a conversation on the phone.

Socreges

Banned
It also, however, has much to do with the types of people that would own cells. Far more social and likely to go to parties.

Mason

Socreges has it. If you're the type that's going to sit in the basement and play Quake all day, you're not going to have a cell phone, and you're not going to get laid.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Mason said:
Socreges has it. If you're the type that's going to sit in the basement and play Quake all day, you're not going to have a cell phone, and you're not going to get laid.

Says who? ;)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Socreges said:
It also, however, has much to do with the types of people that would own cells. Far more social and likely to go to parties.

True, but I'd emphasize it has more to do with the types of people who don't own cell phones than those who do.

Researchers also found that children with mobile phones often started having sex at the young age of 13.

What do they mean often? It can't be THAT often. The majority of 13 year olds seem to have mobiles from what I can see, but I find it very hard to believe that lots of them are having sex.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
At the ripe age of 18 I still don't have a cell phone, nor want one. Payphone is good enough for me.... lol... it's not like I'll get sex if I get a cell phone..... right??

Wolfy

Banned
What do they mean often? It can't be THAT often. The majority of 13 year olds seem to have mobiles from what I can see, but I find it very hard to believe that lots of them are having sex.

The percentage is probably higher in the inner cities, and plus I think that a lot of kids lie to surveys. I know I do :)

bionic77

Speaking of cell phones, I am thinking of replacing my Motorola T-720 pretty soon because of this retarded new law in DC that makes you wear a handset so I want my next set to have bluetooth a comfy over the ear headset. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom