• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CELL PHONES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

element

Anyone have a V400? I am thinking about getting one.

Also is there a cheap place to get phones. There are all these online places, but they all have rebates and i hate rebates.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Don't providers pretty much give these things away if you sign a contract? I'm not too fond of those kiosks in the mall, too fly-by-nighty for my taste.

xsarien

daedsiluap
aoi tsuki said:
Yeah, but you usually have to sign a two-year contract. That's a little to long term for my tastes.

There are some decent 1-year contracts floating around. I'm on a two year, though. It made sense since at the end, Verizon gives me $100 off of a new phone if I renew, in addition to whatever other discounts they have for signing a contract.

element

mrkapawutzis said:
Don't they have the v600's out now. You should probably get that one.
yeah, but they are like another $150 or something after rebates. I've seen a couple places to get a v400 for free, or minimal fee.

golem

i have a v600, its pretty cool, but honestly i think the interface of sony-ericssons are superior (maybe im just not used to motorola after 2 years with the t68i)

btw if you're going attwireless, their online store rebates should be instant, so you dont have to send anything in. they will charge you tax on the pre-rebate/discount price though :(

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I want the V710.

motorola-v710.jpg

But it costs way to fucking much, is Verizon only (their first bluetooth phone) and hardly surpasses my SET616.

Oh well...

xsarien

daedsiluap
DaCocoBrova said:
I want the V710.

motorola-v710.jpg

But it costs way to fucking much, is Verizon only (their first bluetooth phone) and hardly surpasses my SET616.

Oh well...

As cool as Bluetooth is, what's the only real application aside from getting dorky-looking headsets?

That, and this thing is fucking hot:

pic5.jpg

DaCocoBrova

As cool as Bluetooth is, what's the only real application aside from getting dorky-looking headsets?

lol!

If only you knew...

I can lay on my bed, and w/ my cell, I can logoff, shut down, change songs in itunes, play a DVD and control it in PowerDVD... Sh!t, I can control my muhfucking computer w/ my phone!

golem

i wont buy a phone without bluetooth... personally, driving stick, handsfree is a must and i hate wires, and it allows for easier contact management, message management, can transfer ringtones/pictures without incurring data fees, and occassionally fun for multiplayer games.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Suerte said:
V600 is teh hot. I love mine <3

Yeah, it's a hot little shit, that's for sure. If I weren't so damned loyal to CDMA, I'd probably have it. Hopefully next year when my contract's up, US GSM will be at a point I'm comfortable with, a lot of the more full-featured phones tend to fall onto those networks.

DaCocoBrova

What is the model number to the one on the left...? I must own it.

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

BarneyBP

I just got the LG VX7000. I love the capabilities so far and it takes impressive 15 second videos (For a cell phone, at least). It's just so damn bulky :-/

-Brian

aka

Neo Member
Its all about the Symbian phones, nothing else else matches for functionality.

Latest Nokia model 7610, great phone with a megapixel cam and 10 min vid recroding. Not sure if you can get these in the US but hey one thing we Euros get to enjoy first.

c02.jpg

And i'm gonna try out that Float app on my k700i.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I will probably get the Motorola v710 for Christmas. If not, I'm content with my Samsung SCH-530s (to replaced my damaged LG VX4400) until my contract expires next June.

Dilbert

Any recommendations for cell phones WITHOUT cameras? I can't have any kind of camera at work because of security considerations, and there are times when it's convenient to have a cell phone -- usually when I travel to other company sites. I would consider buying a camera phone and dealing with the inconvenience if a certain model was clearly the best one out there. Price isn't an object, necessarily, but I don't want to spend $400 on a phone that I use sporadically.

I currently have a Samsung A500, and it's a good-looking piece of CRAP. Since it broke this week (can't talk for longer then 2-3 minutes without the microphone and speaker freaking out loudly and then failing completely) and since I've been vaguely unhappy with Sprint anyway, I'm planning to eat the early termination cost and move to another provider ASAP. Based on what I've heard about service quality in Southern California and nationwide coverage and plans, I'm considering switching to T-Mobile or Verizon, though I'd consider other providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom