• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cerulean Dreams: Has Anyone Been Following this Nintendo DS Title?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I ask because even though it was one of the first titles announced, I had no idea that there was so much information out there about this one. They've even got a designer diary on the MezCo studios official forum. The plot sounds pretty neat. The game is an RPG/Shooter hybrid, and it seems to have extensive usage of the touch screen. You can do things like manage sliders that balance the energy distribution between your weapons and shields for example. It all seems very interesting.
Here are some links.

http://forums.videogamesmedia.com/viewforum.php?f=11

http://www.ds-insider.com/index.php...0968726&archive=1091325067&start_from=&ucat=&

Discuss :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think we're supposed to get by on just description until August 10th:(That's supposed to be the blow out date for Western NDS third parties.:)

It was mentioned somewhere that this started off as a GBA title. I wonder if any screens exist of that version (maybe on IGNPocket) There is some concept art on the developer forums, though.

Been following Cerulean Dreams for a while now.

Screens will not be available soon, I guess. There has been a small demo video, but that one was not really representative of what the game is going to be. I've heard some game music as well.

What you can check so far at Nintendo Insider and and the above mentioned forum are some shots of the different spaceships you'll be able to conduct. I'm talking artwork now. Mezco Studios also released artwork on Dark Reflections, another story/ future game in the universe where Cerulean Dreams can be situated.

Mezco is creating a universe in which they are situating the projects they're working on. Dark Reflections will be an RPG as far as I know, and is the flagship project of Mezco. Cerulean Dreams is a flight combat/RPG - mixture, which will be finished first in order to raise the money for funding DR.

Cerulean Dreams: at this time I'm expecting an Ikaruga-like game with an elaborate story and many RPG-elements, on the Nintendo DS.

ceruleandreams-Gene.jpg

One of the protagonists of CD.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The character designs are cool, but the ships have been a little too much Wing Commander, and not enough Star Fox IMO :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
itd be nice if the ship designs look like they atleast had a little thought put into them.

GDGF

Soothsayer
True that. Someone should tell the designer to stylize them a bit (or more than a bit)

The concept sounds too cool, but I hope he's asking for feedback on those ship designs...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wouldn't really count on it happening. a gba version was announced quite a while ago, and that doesn't seem to have gone anywhere. and the ideas sound disastrous to me. but i suppose it could surprise us.

olimario

Banned
They've been posting on the NI forums for quite some time and they really seem like a group of untalented folks. Their logo sucks, their art sucks, their models suck, and their execution of ideas suck. The video I saw for this title pre e3 was so far sub galaga it wasn't even funny.

They really should get out of the game design business.

puck1337

Has a date been announced for a proper NDS reveal yet? It'd be nice to finally see some media for non-demo quality software.

Chittagong

Gold Member
olimario said:
They've been posting on the NI forums for quite some time and they really seem like a group of untalented folks. Their logo sucks, their art sucks, their models suck, and their execution of ideas suck. The video I saw for this title pre e3 was so far sub galaga it wasn't even funny.

They really should get out of the game design business.

IAWTP.

Top Bottom