• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chains of Promanthia

Cimarron

Has anyone picked this one up yet? And if you have does it have any content and/or features that would be of use to the under lvl 40 crowd! :)

Azrael

FedEx tracking number shows it's on the truck and on the way right now.

And all Emptyness areas are capped at lvl 30, so there will definitely be content for lvl 40 players.

Wait a minute, if someone wants to start playing FFXI from scratch for the first time, there's no good reason to buy the expansion from the get go, right?

Azrael

You wouldn't be able to explore any of the new areas until around lvl 20 or so. However, getting to level 20 can easily be done in about two weeks of playing.

Scott

I'd really wait to buy the expansion, adelgary.

There's more than enough content available in the stock game to keep you occupied, and most of the added content for CoP won't be low-level stuff (really kicks in around 30, as Alex said). The storyline doesn't kick in until Rank 6, I believe, which is quite a ways in.

And besides, there's always that chance that you simply won't enjoy the game, and blowing extra money on an expansion just to find that out would suck. :p

Azrael

Two days? Maybe if you're an experienced player that already knows what they're doing or get powerleveled. I doubt either of you can say you leveled your first job to 20 in 2 days.

shoplifter

Shit, it's taken me 4 months and I still havent' done it. Sure doesn't help that I keep quitting and starting again though.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Unless you want to be majorly gimped with shit gear, getting a first job to 20 in 2 days would require some time out to farm.

edit - Also, subjob quest (you can't expect to make tons of high level friends your first time out) and leveling that sub up also take time.

Top Bottom