• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Channel 51 -- Move Over "I Love Bees"

Code_Link

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Whois.net provides me with this:

Whois.net said:
Domain ID: D104939130-LROR
Domain Name:CHANNEL51.ORG
Created On:28-Sep-2004 00:03:45 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Oct-2004 20:00:30 UTC
Expiration Date:28-Sep-2005 00:03:45 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Registrant ID:tu55byrJYTf9Dda0
Registrant Name:Samantha Manus
Registrant Organization:Tony Novak
Registrant Street1:65 Enterprise
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Aliso VIejo
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:92656
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9493307580
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:samantha@channel51.org
Admin ID:tuI1br08P8BF98KY
Admin Name:Samantha Manus
Admin Organization:Tony Novak
Admin Street1:65 Enterprise
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Aliso VIejo
Admin State/Province:CA
Admin Postal Code:92656
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.9493307580
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:samantha@channel51.org
Tech ID:tulS6RqadWQDQ9UD
Tech Name:Samantha Manus
Tech Organization:Tony Novak
Tech Street1:65 Enterprise
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Aliso VIejo
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:92656
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.9493307580
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:samantha@channel51.org
Name Server:NS2.2ADVANCED.COM
Name Server:NS1.2ADVANCED.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

Code_Link

"The greatest problem I see facing the Battle Sphere program, if it's real, is that the current male soldier is physically too large."

It's so Metroid. :D That, and "Samantha Manus" is a little obvious.

n3mo_toad

Code_Link said:
"The greatest problem I see facing the Battle Sphere program, if it's real, is that the current male soldier is physically too large."

It's so Metroid. :D That, and "Samantha Manus" is a little obvious.

Um. that's kind of "me too" ish, isn't it? I mean, like, copying them?

Code_Link

Copying who?

main_title_about.gif

Nice :D.

Mason

I think Nintendo kind of started the whole viral marketing thing with Perfect Dark. Regardless, this is a stupid trend and I hope it dies off, but it looks like it's just getting started.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Awesome site, I enjoyed that Orbis Labs link. :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
m0dus said:
It is sort of reminiscent of ilovebees. But, then that wasn't exactly original. And, as others have pointed out, Nintendo did this kind of stuff first.

People around here will tell you Nintendo did EVERYTHING first. :lol

demi

Code_Link said:
Where did you find that? :O

http://www.channel51.org/sciops.htm

at the bottom there's the time link that leads to some glasses, but if you click the image it goes to a nintendo DS featuring metroid prime hunters

problem solved ok let's move on prime 2 echoes will be here on november whatever since i don't care and halo halo halo halo halo 2 22 2 2 2 halo halo ilovebees

I remember for Majora's Mask there was a site about some research outpost where scientists were connecting with an alternate world, but I don't remember many other details.

Didn't Metroid Prime 1 just have some crappy incomplete Flash site where you clicked around and saw pictures of various enemies/creatures from Tallon IV?

I vaguely remember the RadioZelda one...but not enough to really describe it.

Perfect Dark had a Datadyne website that was recruiting people for grunt work, and basically insinuated that you would be hired as cannon fodder.

Hournda

Yay another lame web mystery. The response of everyone should be "WHO CARES?" These are just stupid marketing attempts by these companies and just like Ilovebees.com everyone will simply lose interest once they realize they're just a bunch of cryptic garbage that has virtually nothing do to with the game they're promoting and then once the game actually comes out people will totally forget about it and just play/talk about the game. Why waste your time and energy on this?

aaaaa0

myriad_wise_men.jpg

http://wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65365,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1

Following Wednesday's third presidential debate, an out-of-place poster with a large cartoon image of a grinning bee appeared on the wall of a room packed with spinmeisters brandishing Bush-Cheney and Kerry-Edwards signs.

Most people who saw it on CNN that night probably didn't even notice it, but fans of a game called I Love Bees knew it was a shout out to them from a team of the game's players at Arizona State University, the site of that evening's debate.

LOL.
laugh.gif

Grubdog

Banned
Society said:

:lol
Yay another lame web mystery. The response of everyone should be "WHO CARES?" These are just stupid marketing attempts by these companies and just like Ilovebees.com everyone will simply lose interest once they realize they're just a bunch of cryptic garbage that has virtually nothing do to with the game they're promoting and then once the game actually comes out people will totally forget about it and just play/talk about the game. Why waste your time and energy on this?
Because it's fun?

olimario

Banned
Wario64 said:
Anyone else think these types of marketing is a waste of resources?

I'm with you.
Just make a website that says "Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Media", then post a bunch of generic blue links to movies and screenshots.

Top Bottom