• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Murphy in GTA San Andreas

XS+

Banned
^ Yeah I'm talking about the here and now. Eddie hasn't been funny since the early 90s at best.

XS+ said:
^ Yeah I'm talking about the here and now. Eddie hasn't been funny since the early 90s at best.

I still disagree. IF Eddie were to do some standup or go back to some of his 80's work he would kill Charlie. Charile is funny in that "your old, crazy funny uncle" sort of way.

Ramirez

Thats awesome!

I wouldn't be surprised if Chappelle had something in it as well since he did that GTA skit that one time :p

XS+

Banned
That's the point though, can Eddie "go back" to being funny again? Everything he's done starting with Nutty Professor has been poop. I don't think Eddie has it in him.

Meanwhile Charlie is doing his thing, and while it can't touch Raw or Coming to America or etc, it's clearly funnier than Dr. Doolitle or Haunted Mansion or whatever other 'pay the bills' nonsense Eddie's been doing.

I'm sure Chappelle is also looking out for Donnell Rawlings, also known as Ashy Larry, Beautiful, and the man driving the truck full of menthol cigarettes yellin' "I'M RICH, BIATCH!"

EDIT: I heard an interesting quote from David Alan Grier regarding Eddie Murphy, and Eddie has said that he can go back to stand up or act the way he did in older movies because he's at a different place in his life. I mean, how can you relate to the common man when you make $20 mil a picture?

WasabiKing said:
EDIT: I heard an interesting quote from David Alan Grier regarding Eddie Murphy, and Eddie has said that he can't go back to stand up or act the way he did in older movies because he's at a different place in his life. I mean, how can you relate to the common man when you make $20 mil a picture?

I heard the same thing as well.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
WasabiKing said:
I'm sure Chappelle is also looking out for Donnell Rawlings, also known as Ashy Larry, Beautiful, and the man driving the truck full of menthol cigarettes yellin' "I'M RICH, BIATCH!"

EDIT: I heard an interesting quote from David Alan Grier regarding Eddie Murphy, and Eddie has said that he can go back to stand up or act the way he did in older movies because he's at a different place in his life. I mean, how can you relate to the common man when you make $20 mil a picture?

So being rich = being unfunny? Tell that to Jim Carrey, Chris Rock, or Martin Lawrence.

SKluck

Banned
I'll go visit Martin Lawrence in his van down by the river and tell him.

Charlie rules. He was always pretty cool, It's nice he is getting the recognition he deserves working with Chappelle.

CB4LIFE!

Top Bottom