• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheney got BUSTED!! (Daily Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
Seen it, but it's still funny. We should make a thread for all of the Bush administration officials being caught in lies... there's plenty of ammo!

teiresias

If someone converts this to something other than the video format direct from Satan's bowels than perhaps I'll finally get to watch this clip.

Triumph

Banned

Pimpwerx

Yeah, but this isn't the first time the Daily Show's done this. They've been owning Dubya since last year. The first one I think was before the war when they flashed back to Bush during the debates giving his opinions on foreign policy. Apparently, we weren't going to engage in nation building by Dubya's own words *snicker*. Since then, the Daily Show's been doing these little expose moments like twice a month. The only reason they can get away with lying about clearly documented/recorded statements is b/c the regular media lets them get away with it. You'll never see CNN, MSNBC or FOX doing that. It might constitute journalism. ;) It's so sad. The Daily Show does a better hob of the news most of the time than the 24 hour networks. And the Daily Show is an admittedly fake news show. The US media's hit the skids, but at least there's still PBS and the Beeb. They may be pretty weaksauce lately, but in relative terms, it's gold. PEACE.

fart

Savant
I rest my case.

05%20Throne.jpg

teiresias said:
If someone converts this to something other than the video format direct from Satan's bowels than perhaps I'll finally get to watch this clip.

Get real alternative.

jiggle said:
Blah
The Daily Show is not even a real news show. And, uh, doesn't Jon Stewart have some kind of book out?

That's the only real reason the Bush administration gets bashed at all obviously, EVERYONE has a book coming out. And why isn't the daily show a "real news show?" Can't make already funny news even funnier?

jiggle

Cerebral Palsy said:
That's the only real reason the Bush administration gets bashed at all obviously, EVERYONE has a book coming out. And why isn't the daily show a "real news show?" Can't make already funny news even funnier?

That was meant a sarcasm, but I guess I should've added at :)
=p

MIMIC

Banned
Outlaw Pro Mod said:
"there's plenty of ammo!"

Is there?

There are numerous websites that are solely dedicated to compiling and collecting the lies and the distortions of this current Administration.

Kuramu

Mr.FRIEDMAN: We have one here. It says `some have argued that the nu'--this is you speaking--`that the nuclear threat from Iraq is not imminent, that Saddam is at least five to seven years away from having nuclear weapons. I would not be so certain.'

"i would not be so certain" does not equal "they are wrong, it is an imminent threat"

No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world and the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

"more immediate threat" is relative to other threats, as in "No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat" Parse that sentence carefully.

Rumsfeld is always particular about his words, hence the stuttering. hate his stance all you want, but there is no lie here

edit: btw, i'm obviously talking about the rummy link. I didn't get a chance to hear the Cheney thing. I refuse to dl real audio

MIMIC

Banned
Kuramu said:
"more immediate threat" is relative to other threats, as in "No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat" Parse that sentence carefully.

Rumsfeld is always particular about his words, hence the stuttering. hate his stance all you want, but there is no lie here

How can Iraq pose a "more immediate threat" without being an "immediate threat" itself?

Stop defending his lies.

KingGondo

Banned
Kuramu said:
"i would not be so certain" does not equal "they are wrong, it is an imminent threat"

But he's obviously implying it, without saying it outright. It's pretty convenient: he can scare the American people more and advance his cause, while still leaving room for backtracking. Ain't politics grand?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Kuramu said:

Uhh, if you parse the sententce, he's saying Iraq is a more immediate threat than any other country.

Just out of curiousity, do you think Clinton lied under oath?

Tekky

Bush says: "No child left behind"
Bush does: cuts education spending

Bush says: "I support our troops"
Bush does: cuts veteran's benefits

it goes on and on... Bush supporters only listen to what he says. Either that, or else they're receiving the money he takes from real Americans.

Kuramu

i see i've been quoted a few times. haven't had time to read them yet. i'm having a good conversation w/ my roommate right now. i will address them soon, rest assured :)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Kuramu said:

edit: btw, i'm obviously talking about the rummy link. I didn't get a chance to hear the Cheney thing. I refuse to dl real audio
Is a person who makes 27 grand a year "more rich" than someone who makes 25 grand?

If something is "more immediate" than another, then both are immediate. Nice attempt at trying to defend this snake, though.

Kuramu

MIMIC said:
How can Iraq pose a "more immediate threat" without being an "immediate threat" itself?

Stop defending his lies.

first of all, telling me to stop defending his "lies" is hardly a way to have open debate.
as for the phrase, i'd say this: i'm taller than my roommate, but i'm not what you would call "tall". it's a reletive comparison

Kuramu

KingGondo said:
But he's obviously implying it, without saying it outright. It's pretty convenient: he can scare the American people more and advance his cause, while still leaving room for backtracking. Ain't politics grand?

he might very well have intended to imply that, but he might have also simply meant to be very honest about not knowing. that is a matter of interpreting his intentions. choose to interpret it as you will, but you can't call it a lie because you chose to interpret it the way you please

Kuramu

Nerevar said:
Uhh, if you parse the sententce, he's saying Iraq is a more immediate threat than any other country.

Just out of curiousity, do you think Clinton lied under oath?

see above. as for clinton, he did lie under oath, but it was hardly the big deal it was made out to be as some would say it was, like my father for instance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom